SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good news:

According to the Sioux blog, Brad Malone will be ready to go this weekend.

Ummmm yeah, like that will make any difference.....J/K. Huskies will be primed and ready. 9 dollars out of 10 this will be a split. Go Trupp!!!

Ummmm yeah, like that will make any difference.....J/K. Huskies will be primed and ready. 9 dollars out of 10 this will be a split. Go Trupp!!!

Sounds like we will see an all-frosh line against SCSU of Frattin/Trupp/Malone. That could be an exciting line. A shooter in Frattin, a playmaker in Trupp, and a physical player in Malone.

Unless JPL can stand on his head without taking a "Robbie Earl" dive, I'm sticking with a SCSU sweep...ugh, gasp, choke....

They're playing better than we are right now defensively and have more scoring depth. (Beat CC 4-2 and took Miami to OT 1-2)

The only good that can come out of this prediction is that I'm usually wrong....

Here's my thought. I already thought it would be tough for the Sioux to sweep this weekend. I suggest that the Sioux will win on Friday without Oshie, and lose on Saturday with Oshie.

None of that is Oshie's fault. I just think every player on the team will feel they need to step up and fill in for Oshie on Friday, and on Saturday will be the sigh of relief that Oshie is back and everything will take care of itself. Except TJ can't win the game alone.

Hey, it's just a prediction.

This is a viable prediction.

The main crux of my cynicism is that this team can't beat the same team two games in a row. Order of win or loss is irrelevant.

This is a viable prediction.

The main crux of my cynicism is that this team can't beat the same team two games in a row. Order of win or loss is irrelevant.

I think the key game this weekend is Fri. Not that they win or lose, but that compete and play well. If they lay down Friday, they'll get swept. If they battle and play good hockey regardless of the outcome Friday, they at least split.

You don't have to 'hope' anymore. Friday's game on CSTV looks like a 'sure thing'

http://www.cstv.com/cgi-bin/tvsched.cgi?mo...amp;chosenCal=0

Does anyone know if I can be confident to get tickets at the door (or from private sales around the NHC) Saturday, or if I should try to buy in advance?

Looks like it will also be on the web. . .

Watch the Games Live This Weekend

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

SCSU and North Dakota men's hockey fans will be able to watch both games live on the Internet this weekend, thanks to the B2 Networks.

Live video streaming of both games on Jan. 4-5, at the National Hockey Center will be available through the B2 Networks. Fans can access the connection to the B2 Networks live video streaming at the SCSU website (www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics).

The price for this pay-per-view service is $5.99 per game. B2 Networks also offers SCSU "season ticket" packages for its live video streaming services. Details are available at the website listed above.

Go Sioux!

In PCM's radio show summary on USCHO, Hakstol mentioned wanting to have Vandevelde center Watkins and Kaip. I assume this means we would have seen Kozek moved up with Oshie and Duncan on Friday? I would really like to see what that line could do.

you kidding me PCM, USCHO is garbage of all garbage, pretty much every thread :lol: just a few of those around here :lol:

In PCM's radio show summary on USCHO, Hakstol mentioned wanting to have Vandevelde center Watkins and Kaip. I assume this means we would have seen Kozek moved up with Oshie and Duncan on Friday? I would really like to see what that line could do.

so who's paired with duncan on friday? kaip, kozek, duncan?

Link to article Sounds like protesters are gearing up to meet us this weekend. Remember to turn on your "mute" button when you walk by them. Article in today's St.Cloud paper said that Laasch sat out practice the other day because of a lower body injury but is expected to play this weekend.

Link to article Sounds like protesters are gearing up to meet us this weekend. Remember to turn on your "mute" button when you walk by them. Article in today's St.Cloud paper said that Laasch sat out practice the other day because of a lower body injury but is expected to play this weekend.

We all need to make sure we don't react in a way they can twist, publicize and use against the pro nickname stance.

We all need to make sure we don't react in a way they can twist, publicize and use against the pro nickname stance.

thats what those losers want, they will have cameras rolling just for that BS, if there are cameras there are protesters.....

On a better note, : The SCSU Center Ice Club will host a pregame social with UND hockey fans from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday at Legends Bar and Grill at the Holiday Inn & Suites. There will be complimentary food, prize drawings and the SCSU/UND

Not in response to a pecific posting, but "all this negativity around here - SUCKS".... I went through this the last two years when friends and co-workers were counting the Sioux out! Never count the premier college hockey program in the country out! The Sioux have look pretty damn good all year - they have the ingredients in Lammy, a solid and bigger defense, and many dynamic playmakers on offense (oshie, duncan, Vandy, watkins, and many others). They have looked better than the opposing team in most series, and just have yet to put 120 minutes of total hockey together.... It will come, and everyone will suddenly be Sioux-per Fans again and predicting sweeps and playoff wins... In closing, I would like to predict a hard fought Friday night one goal win, followed by a Saturday blow-up by my favorite player to watch Oshie - Final Saturday UND 6 SCSU 1! Welcome back to the bandwagon most of you have already decided to give up on the best entertainment/talent for hundreds of miles around..... Joli!

Hak also had the Frosh Trupp, Frattin and Malone line (I like that line by the way).

Article in today's St.Cloud paper said that Laasch sat out practice the other day because of a lower body injury but is expected to play this weekend.

I heard he was supposed to play but isn't 100 percent.

On a better note, : The SCSU Center Ice Club will host a pregame social with UND hockey fans from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday at Legends Bar and Grill at the Holiday Inn & Suites. There will be complimentary food, prize drawings and the SCSU/UND

It's (Holiday Inn) is located on the corner of Division Street and Hwy #15. If you come from the Twin Cities you can take the Hwy #15 exit. Just head North on Hwy 15 and the Holiday Inn will be on your right, (you can't miss it.) The event is open to all Sioux fans and Husky boosters. It sounds like our local chapter of St.Cloud Sioux Boosters will be in attendance. See you there.

It's (Holiday Inn) is located on the corner of Division Street and Hwy #15. If you come from the Twin Cities you can take the Hwy #15 exit. Just head North on Hwy 15 and the Holiday Inn will be on your right, (you can't miss it.) The event is open to all Sioux fans and Husky boosters. It sounds like our local chapter of St.Cloud Sioux Boosters will be in attendance. See you there.

thanks! Any parking tips for around the nhc?