SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't played a cup cake... :D

who cares about cupcakes or not. this team isn't that far off from putting things together. if we don't collapse on saturday and win 2 other saturday homes games we've played we're 12-4-1 and everyones happy. fact is we are where we are because of our own doing but we aren't in as big of a hole as we have been the last three years, my gut feeling-if we win on friday we break a trend and complete the sweep on Saturday and get things rolling.

The point is..........you have to beat the best to be the best. To date, we've been marginal in doing so. :D

for sure but we have a hell of a lot of hockey left to play in the wcha and 1 series vs bemidji state. time to make a push and get farther up the pairwise and wcha standings starting this weekend at the st cloud 1 and doners

for sure but we have a hell of a lot of hockey left to play in the wcha and 1 series vs bemidji state. time to make a push and get farther up the pairwise and wcha standings starting this weekend at the st cloud 1 and doners

Agreed. Although, St. C is near the bottom of the league, they could surprise if they take care of things in their defensive zone. Offensively, I think they are alright with Lasch, Roe, and Nodl.

Agreed. Although, St. C is near the bottom of the league, they could surprise if they take care of things in their defensive zone. Offensively, I think they are alright with Lasch, Roe, and Nodl.

speaking of those 3 players. i was reading that they were split up last weekend in both games or maybe 1. im guessing we will see them together here and there

speaking of those 3 players. i was reading that they were split up last weekend in both games or maybe 1. im guessing we will see them together here and there

I believe Lasch was centered by Dey in both games last weekend while Nodl and Roe were shifted around in both games. Motzko may opt to stack a line to try to create some mismatches because they will have the last change this weekend.

Planning on buying tickets at game. Probably just get standing room tix.

Last 3 times in St. Cloud have went like this.

Saw guy standing with a fan of tix, he wanted $10 each, was getting money out to buy a couple and another guy taps me on the shoulder and says how many you need and do you need for Saturday too? I tell him yes and he hands me 2 tix for each game....FREE

Same process, guy hands me 2 free tix for Friday game. At Howies on Saturday, the guy running the pulltabs has 2 tix for sale sitting on the counter(we are just planning on buying standing rooms and as we are walking out he offers the tix for $5 total, we give him $10 and hop on the bus.

Last year, bought standing rooms for $10 or $12 on Friday and then on Saturday I bought 2 tix for $10 each from a st. cloud fan at Howies.(bought him a few drinks after game)

Net 6 games, 12 tix, $50.

In short, shouldn't be a big deal to get tix this weekend. For the record, I prefer to stand and did for all six games so not even sure where my tickets were located.

Here's an article I wrote for SiouxSports about the rivalry between the schools, particularly what happened when the WCHA made the two teams schedule partners and how the fan bases of the two schools have created a traveling "fan trophy" for the games.

UND/SCSU Challenge Cup

Thanks for checking it out!

Dave Berger

That's a pretty cool deal. Thanks for the story, Dave.

What do we have for TV info?! I think i read CSTV but that didn't make much sense to me.. any info appreciated..

I know that I also saw that this game is on CSTV. I hope so, I can't afford to go to the game this time. Just graduated,no job and no more student loan money to let me go to games.

I know that I also saw that this game is on CSTV. I hope so, I can't afford to go to the game this time. Just graduated,no job and no more student loan money to let me go to games.

I just checked the guide for Dish Network and it shows that the friday night game will be played live at 7:00 on CSTV so if nothing changes there should be Sioux hockey on at my house.

You don't have to 'hope' anymore. Friday's game on CSTV looks like a 'sure thing'

http://www.cstv.com/cgi-bin/tvsched.cgi?mo...amp;chosenCal=0

Does anyone know if I can be confident to get tickets at the door (or from private sales around the NHC) Saturday, or if I should try to buy in advance?

Sioux need another goalie for Saturday nights...They really haven't had a good goalie since Geohring(sp)...Sioux will be lucky to get a split with St. Cloud....This team is in TROUBLE!!..Last night's 3rd period was the worst collapse I can remember...Ridiculous..

Maybe this Saturday they should put some Red Bull in Lammy's water bottle to start the third period. :lol:

Excellent use of student loan money.

Good luck with your job search or in enrolling back in school for an advanced degree and more student loan money. :lol:

Excellent use of student loan money.

Good luck with your job search or in enrolling back in school for an advanced degree and more student loan money. :lol:

Thank You. I have started applying for jobs. I got a degree in Video Production, so I am applying for jobs in TV and with production companies, tough industry to break into. But I am very confident that I will get something.

well overtime here in grand forks says watch sioux hockey on friday and saturday so either they are high or we somehow get to watch both games! :lol: Im glad I picked up the sports package for digital cable now!

EDIT: You can watch the game on b2 network on both nights according to their site. Not sure if thats been posted. If so, feel free to rip on me and call me names :lol:

With the latest news, Friday's game will be even more interesting. Uff da.

We're on the road.

We haven't won many games on the road on Friday nights this season.

As long as he's back for Saturday's game, we'll still split. In fact, even if he isn't, we'll still split.

We're on the road.

We haven't won many games on the road on Friday nights this season.

As long as he's back for Saturday's game, we'll still split. In fact, even if he isn't, we'll still split.

Really :lol: ? I don't think this team can win on the road without him.

Here's my thought. I already thought it would be tough for the Sioux to sweep this weekend. I suggest that the Sioux will win on Friday without Oshie, and lose on Saturday with Oshie.

None of that is Oshie's fault. I just think every player on the team will feel they need to step up and fill in for Oshie on Friday, and on Saturday will be the sigh of relief that Oshie is back and everything will take care of itself. Except TJ can't win the game alone.

Hey, it's just a prediction.