SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs NEW HAMPSHIRE

AZSIOUX

I didn't get to see most of the game. ;)

Can you describe what happened with Lammy?

I'm VERY VERY happy about Radke.

Surprised with Martens too.

On paper, I like the Genoway-Trupp-Frattin line. Lots of energy, speed, and skill.

he was ran into and then spun himself around and hit the back of his head on the ice. penalty for sure but then he scared the s&!t out of us with his spinorama ;)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lammy got run over, the contact wasn't that severe but it was a penalty.

He laid on the ice without moving for quite a while. Well if you're supposedly out cold or something you don't just pop up after a while and get back in the game do you?

Adam probably thought that too. He negated the penalty with a holding the stick on Bina and called 3 or so straight on the Sioux. Jerk.

I listened to the radio in the first period enough to know that Adam was officiating. I knew we had trouble when he did. Lucky Phil wasn't hurt. Adam would be the ref to allow the other team to get away with it.

Can you describe what happened with Lammy?

It was a drama queen moment, the forward from UNH came by and tripped Lammy and he

did the dramatic flop and layed on the ice for minutes, of course he was fine after, it was a

great acting job. The Ref horse S#!T ref Don Adam of course didn't buy the acting job.

That being said Phil played really well tonight. I think UND was the better team.

Thoughts:

The Sioux got outplayed and lacked scoring chances. NH is a pretty good team and generated more scoring chances, but Phil played one hell of a game. Phil played very well and was easily the player of the game, if not for him NH should of won the game. The powerplay for the Sioux is still very inconsistent and is lacking getting shots to the net. For some reason this year, Chorney is so hesitant to shoot the puck on the powerplay and even on some other offensive plays, I wish he would just put the puck on net.

Tomorrow will be a hard fought game, a sweep would be huge right now. I see tomorrows night game being very close. Keep lines how they were tonight, even though I am not in favor of them in the long run. Nice to see the team get a win tonight, but they have a long way to go to develop into the team that we think this team can be.

Win on Saturday for once...............Please!!!!!

I didn't think we got outplayed. We outshot them through most of the game. They're a good team.

I definatly agree that Phil kept us in the game. He was very good. I didn't think their goalie (regan?) was all that sharp even if warmups.

As far as shooting I think we need to take the shot every time we get an open lane and trash the net.

I didn't think we got outplayed. We outshot them through most of the game. They're a good team.

I definatly agree that Phil kept us in the game. He was very good. I didn't think their goalie (regan?) was all that sharp even if warmups.

As far as shooting I think we need to take the shot every time we get an open lane and trash the net.

agree, no way we were outplayed. our PP wasnt good at all but 3 goals did it for the win. phil had another good game. get another tomorrow!!

agree, no way we were outplayed. our PP wasnt good at all but 3 goals did it for the win. phil had another good game. get another tomorrow!!

I don't say how anyone can say we were out played. UND played one of their better games tonight.

UNH was a good team but I wasn't that impressed with them. Their goalie played well...

JVR makes them a much better team. hes the real deal and leading team usa right now. still a huge win no matter what in the pairwise. i hope we see the same lineup tomorrow unless forney gets thrown in there but i dont see anyone who deserves to sit. all lines rolled nicely, just didnt finish some chances here and there.

Phil should win an emmy for his acting job. ;)

That was disappointing. He laid there like he was out cold or dead, I'm in my seat thinking he's paralyzed or dead, then he gets up and doesn't even have to leave the ice!

BTW, did anyone notice Finley mixing it up at the end? It looked like he slashed some guy at the buzzer and then got tossed, but I haven't heard anything about it.

That was disappointing. He laid there like he was out cold or dead, I'm in my seat thinking he's paralyzed or dead, then he gets up and doesn't even have to leave the ice!

BTW, did anyone notice Finley mixing it up at the end? It looked like he slashed some guy at the buzzer and then got tossed, but I haven't heard anything about it.

He ended up with a 5 min major for slashing!

Just back from the Badger game. Thanks for the updates, glad the Sioux won, but sounds like it was closer than the score indicates. Badgers looked pretty weak. Turris was out at World Juniors, and Connelly wasn't in the net. Aaron Bendrickson from Thief River Falls scored a goal for Bucky. Bucky also had a good 3 on 5 PK, but that was about it for highlights. Got a good "boo" from the crowd when they showed the UND scores...funny. Snowstorm in the area kept the place 40% full if that. I tried to post from the Kohl Center on my Ipod, (yes, King of the Dweebs) but the Wi-Fi there requires a password, must just be for reporters and such. Bastards.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah.......your face was on the TUbE 2night

Yeah it was, my friend who caught the puck was so excited ;) Apparently we were on TV a couple times, that seems to happen to me a lot during hockey games ;)

A few comments about the game in general:

1) It was really good to see Radke out there tonight, I thought he did really well. I think he earned himself a bit more playing time the way he played tonight! I believe he only got 1 penalty in the game. Hope to see the same effort from him tomorrow!

2) The announcer.... Was it a different one than usual?? My friends and I were highly confused because he seemed different...

3) The crowd... I was somewhat impressed, but at the same time I wasn't. I heard quite a few "Sioux yeah yeahs" in the crowd, and quite a few "Let's go Sioux" chants!! And the game was sold out! But... I was cheering after a goal, and the guys in front of me (all Sioux fans) turned around and said "The Sioux scored like 30 seconds ago, you can stop cheering now." I came back with "So? This is a HOCKEY GAME, I will cheer whenever I want to however loud I want to!!" They didn't have anything to say back to that :D Also, the very few UNH fans that were there seemed to be in good spirits...

Hope to see another good turnout tomorrow night, along with a Fighting Sioux SWEEP!!!

Yeah it was, my friend who caught the puck was so excited ;) Apparently we were on TV a couple times, that seems to happen to me a lot during hockey games ;)

A few comments about the game in general:

1) It was really good to see Radke out there tonight, I thought he did really well. I think he earned himself a bit more playing time the way he played tonight! I believe he only got 1 penalty in the game. Hope to see the same effort from him tomorrow!

2) The announcer.... Was it a different one than usual?? My friends and I were highly confused because he seemed different...

3) The crowd... I was somewhat impressed, but at the same time I wasn't. I heard quite a few "Sioux yeah yeahs" in the crowd, and quite a few "Let's go Sioux" chants!! And the game was sold out! But... I was cheering after a goal, and the guys in front of me (all Sioux fans) turned around and said "The Sioux scored like 30 seconds ago, you can stop cheering now." I came back with "So? This is a HOCKEY GAME, I will cheer whenever I want to however loud I want to!!" They didn't have anything to say back to that :D Also, the very few UNH fans that were there seemed to be in good spirits...

Hope to see another good turnout tomorrow night, along with a Fighting Sioux SWEEP!!!

it was scott hennen the previous announcer as looker did the radio as hennessys dad passed away so he was gone

I had gotten so used to (and excited about) not seeing Adam ref any of our games that I kind of forgot he existed. The last time we were unfortunate enough to have him ref our game, Bina was wheeled off on a stretcher and Paukovich only got a 2 min. minor. I will forever extremely dislike Adam...if he never reffed a UND game again I would be happy. Maybe in his first time back he wanted a little revenge on the team that got him the suspension from reffing their games and called a few extra (and weak) penalties. Thoughts?

I had gotten so used to (and excited about) not seeing Adam ref any of our games that I kind of forgot he existed. The last time we were unfortunate enough to have him ref our game, Bina was wheeled off on a stretcher and Paukovich only got a 2 min. minor. I will forever extremely dislike Adam...if he never reffed a UND game again I would be happy. Maybe in his first time back he wanted a little revenge on the team that got him the suspension from reffing their games and called a few extra (and weak) penalties. Thoughts?

hes reffed sioux games already before tonight and he has been back in g forks to ref as well. there is no need to complain about reffing, we won, the penalties were very even if that even matters and it doesnt.

Thoughts:

The Sioux got outplayed and lacked scoring chances. NH is a pretty good team and generated more scoring chances, but Phil played one hell of a game. Phil played very well and was easily the player of the game, if not for him NH should of won the game. The powerplay for the Sioux is still very inconsistent and is lacking getting shots to the net. For some reason this year, Chorney is so hesitant to shoot the puck on the powerplay and even on some other offensive plays, I wish he would just put the puck on net.

Tomorrow will be a hard fought game, a sweep would be huge right now. I see tomorrows night game being very close. Keep lines how they were tonight, even though I am not in favor of them in the long run. Nice to see the team get a win tonight, but they have a long way to go to develop into the team that we think this team can be.

Win on Saturday for once...............Please!!!!!

Outplayed? Disagree. Thought the Sioux carried play most of the game and were the better team last night. Both goalies played very well. Thought Radke's line looked great for the most part. As did Trupp's line. D was again spotty. Love Chorney but still waiting for him to play to last year's level. He didn't look real good again last night. I thought Oshie still looked a step slower than normal--lingering injury? PK look good. PP not so much. Thought it was finally a good solid, not great, 60 minutes of hockey by UND. Great to see. Expect them to be sharper tonight. With the play of Martens, Radke and Zajac and Malone out is Forney ever going to see the ice? Just love watching Genoway. And JPL...please! I saw better acting at my daughter's 1st grade Christmas program 2 week ago. She thought he was dead and almost started to cry! ;) UNH is solid and we were/are better--bottom line. Hope to say the same thing later tonight. SWEEP!!!