SiouxSports.com Forum

Change up the lines

yzerman19

I bet that line would be 2nd line on a CHA or AHA team. :lol:

Crap, I forgot about Miller in my lines. I guess you could substitute either Miller or Martens for Radke on that 4th line.

It is easy to forget about Miller. He has done very little this season. It might be time for him to start platooning with Forney!

I wonder what our record is when Genoway starts on Defense? Seems like we always play much better when he is on the blueline.

Anybody think there is a chance of a line of Duncan-Oshie-Genoway? I thought they played together last year when Toews was at the World Juniors when the team first started to get rolling. I'm not complaining about VandeVelde's play just wondering what everyone thinks and it would also make for more scoring depth throughout the lineup. Something like:

Duncan-Oshie-Genoway

Watkins-Kaip-Frattin

Trupp-Vandevelde-Kozek

Forney-Zajac-Malone

You're getting warmer ....

How many natural playmakers, Creators, does this team have that can play at WCHA speed?

I think they're named there.

Miller gets pressured and he gives up the puck (see: lack of 2nd power play unit success). Vandy is in a getter role right now but has creator potential. Kozek is a natural sniper who has shown some Creator flashes. Who else? Maybe Frattin? Chay Genoway? I haven't seen enough of Forney to comment. The other guys are Getters or Shooters.

This is where no Jonathan Toews really hurts.

DOT line with Trupp making the "T" ?

unless im missing something, i believe kaip-watkins-whoever has been our second line. i agree with you kozek has been big this year, but it is all about the combinations, and if our three lines roll equally, it shouldn't matter. and i agree with you about the fourth line, they need to show something to earn the ice time, but putting genoway there is ridiculous, he needs to be on the ice, which is why i think we are best served with him on the blue line.

2 goals and zero assists in the last 10 games = "Big"? :lol:

I am all over the place, but I will try again...

Vande is playing well in all facets. I put him as the number one center.

Oshie can play center, but he is a better winger, and he can play with anyone.

It sounds like Duncan and Frattin had a little chemistry, so maybe put them together.

Vande with Osh and Kozek. We could certianly try that.

Trupp with Frattin and Duncan. Might bring some much needed Offense, but it lacks a digger.

Kaip with Watkins and Malone. I like this line. I can see Malone as a Porter down the road.

Zajac with Forney (give him his shot) and Miller (he does have some upside potential)

I have to support Genoway at D.

Lapinte and Chorney

Finley and Bina

Genoway and Jones

that may be the case, but he still has the second most goals on the team this season, so take that for what it is. i think it supports this threads topic of changing things up to create a little more offense for the team as a whole.

there lies the problem.....but I do agree that some line changing is in order. I do not agree however that Miller has upside potential unless he makes a visit to Roger Clemen's personal trainer.....Get Forney in there.

there lies the problem.....but I do agree that some line changing is in order. I do not agree however that Miller has upside potential unless he makes a visit to Roger Clemen's personal trainer.....Get Forney in there.

I don't follow you.

How is Kozek's standings among UND goal scorers a problem? Last year, he wasn't scoring enough. This year, he's doing well and suddenly it's a problem?

I don't follow you.

How is Kozek's standings among UND goal scorers a problem? Last year, he wasn't scoring enough. This year, he's doing well and suddenly it's a problem?

He's 2nd on the team in goals yet he has only 2 goals in the last 10 games. The problem is Kozek's consistency. My point is that we are not scoring consistently which is a problem. Do you not agree?

He's 2nd on the team in goals yet he has only 2 goals in the last 10 games. The problem is Kozek's consistency. My point is that we are not scoring consistently which is a problem. Do you not agree?

I agree that scoring consistency has been a problem thus far, yes. However, it's been a team problem, not just Kozek's. He's been flying all over the place and has been very close so many times. Despite this recent drought, goals have been coming more than going compared to last year.

I agree that scoring consistency has been a problem thus far, yes. However, it's been a team problem, not just Kozek's. He's been flying all over the place and has been very close so many times. Despite this recent drought, goals have been coming more than going compared to last year.

Post #1

Lines for next year.

Duncan-Oshie-Malone(Oshie and Malone do the dirty work and Hobey finishes)

Frattin-Trupp-Forney (lots of talent hope they produce)

Watkins-VanVelde-Kozek (Walkins and VV meshed well hope Kozek does as well)

Davidson-Kaip-Zajac (checking line who can cycle like crazy)

Defensive pairings.

Chorney-LaPoint

Jones-Genoway

Bina-Finley(you just got to keep the odd couple together)

--------------------

I will still run with these,from July 12

#11 HIGHEST SCORING JERSEY # IN FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY HISTORYThanks Robert Duncan,Brad Becker, Mark Taylor,Gord Sherven,Malcom Parks,Dixon Ward,Teeder

I will still run with these.