SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad Malone

siouxkid12

I think Malone is a solid 2 way F. He'll be a Kaip type player down the road--solid. I agree with Miller. Biggest disappointment this year. Loads of talent but if constantly looks like he is loafing. And since I'm rolling, I don't think Zajac got Hak's message when he sat him on Fri. in Denver. He gives you nothing on offense. Some will say that he wins lots of draws, but that's like saying a pitcher throws strikes but has an ERA over 7! The couple of time Forney has played i thought he looked ok. Davidson...have no prsonal idea. With the current lines, outside the DOV line, there is no consistant threat offensively. Like I have said before, when JPL has the save percentage and GAA he has, this team should not be .500 in the WCHA! The need to find some way to get more consistant offensively.

<<He'll be a Kaip type player down the road--solid. >>

Ouch, and people call me harsh. That is a cold blooded insult to Malone.

I am not in practice but I just do not understand why Forney cannot get in the line up. Here is a kid who was fairly heavily recruited....and I belive offered a scholly by the Don and he cannot crack our line up. I mean come on....there are plenty of spots for a taking, Miller, Zajac, Martens...and even Trupp. I just dont get it...PUT FORNEY IN THE LINE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not in practice but I just do not understand why Forney cannot get in the line up. Here is a kid who was fairly heavily recruited....and I belive offered a scholly by the Don and he cannot crack our line up. I mean come on....there are plenty of spots for a taking, Miller, Zajac, Martens...and even Trupp. I just dont get it...PUT FORNEY IN THE LINE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Just a quick question concerning scholarships. Are all players on scholarship? Are there only a certain number allowed per team, set by the NCAA? I take it some players have to pay for school? Just curious, thanks.

Hi, Just a quick question concerning scholarships. Are all players on scholarship? Are there only a certain number allowed per team, set by the NCAA? I take it some players have to pay for school? Just curious, thanks.

Yes there is a certain number you can have on Scholarship but I would ask one of our numbers crunchers. I swear, there will be someone that actually knows the official/right number and which player is on scholarship. I want to say 18 full or something close to that. Off course they break those up as well...

Yes there is a certain number you can have on Scholarship but I would ask one of our numbers crunchers. I swear, there will be someone that actually knows the official/right number and which player is on scholarship. I want to say 18 full or something close to that. Off course they break those up as well...

I can pretty much guarantee you that Forney is on a full scholarship!

My understanding from talking with various players throughout the league that very few are on a full ride and most are on a partial. A lot of the scholarships are structured to pay more as the student-athlete gets older. There are the obvious exceptions: the Zach Parise's and Phil Kessel's (can't believe that I used them both in the same sentence)were on full rides from the get go. A guy like proter was probably on one after his sophomoreor junior year, and a guy like Bochenski after his freshman year.

It doesn't take too much thinking to believe that Chorney, Oshie and Duncan are all full rides, Kaip and Bina and JPL probably are too. I don't know these things for fact, but I do know that it isn't full rides across the team.

<<He'll be a Kaip type player down the road--solid. >>

Ouch, and people call me harsh. That is a cold blooded insult to Malone.

I don't know what hockey team you have been watching, but Kaip has been one of the most consistent, hard working players on the ice every single night. He may not have the offensive abilities of a Oshie or Duncan, not many people do, but he has still scored some big goals this season. There is a reason Kaip has the "C" this year, and had the "A" last year. He is a leader and the ultimate team guy. How quickly we (you) forget that when Kaip went toe to toe against AA last season, the boys got fired up and began the second half turn around. This might be one of the more idiotic posts you have written... and that is saying something.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Forney is on a full scholarship!

I am glad Hakstol doesn't base who plays on how much scholarship they have. Forney will get his chance again, and when he does, it will be up to him to make the most of it. If you had your way, we would have only had two years of Oshie, so I'll give Hakstol the benefit of the doubt on this one. Besides, is anyone completely sure that there are no lingering nagging side effects to his previous injury?

I recall few instances in which being referred to as the type of a player that is our current Captain and leader on our team as "an insult."

But hey, whatever it takes. :lol:

Agree, my original post that Malone will be solid as is Kaip, was to point out that I see him being a 4 year guy who will bring more than physical skills down the road. Malone is physical, skates well and will score more down the road. But from what I've seen of him, he seems to have some of those character triats that could lead to an "A" or "C" on his jersey down the road. I think Kaip is great and is what good teams need to be great at the end of the year. I can see Malone doing/being the same.

i think a few others may know more about the scholly question but i dont think any sioux hockey player is on full 100% schollys. i think its the way they do it. keep some money open here and there. i may be wrong but thought i heard this in the past on ss.

Oshie-VandeVelde-Kozek

Frattin-Kaip-Duncan (I think these guys would really flow well together and put up some points)

Genoway-Trupp-Watkins (Watkins and Trupp would bring some great speed and scoring ops while Chay brings the defense)

Forney-Zajac-Malone

That's my lineup.

thats why you sit in the stands every Friday and Saturday night! :lol:

I don't know what hockey team you have been watching, but Kaip has been one of the most consistent, hard working players on the ice every single night. He may not have the offensive abilities of a Oshie or Duncan, not many people do, but he has still scored some big goals this season. There is a reason Kaip has the "C" this year, and had the "A" last year. He is a leader and the ultimate team guy. How quickly we (you) forget that when Kaip went toe to toe against AA last season, the boys got fired up and began the second half turn around. This might be one of the more idiotic posts you have written... and that is saying something.

Kaip was our best center last weekend (ignore the scoresheet from Sat.). Maybe they should try K between O and D.

i think a few others may know more about the scholly question but i dont think any sioux hockey player is on full 100% schollys. i think its the way they do it. keep some money open here and there. i may be wrong but thought i heard this in the past on ss.

You are correct. There are 18 full scholarships and they split the amount of money throughout the team. There are vast discrepancies, some players are getting a hell of a lot more than others but everyone is getting at least a little share.