SiouxSports.com Forum

goaltending

CASiouxfan

When I was watching the game on Friday on TV they said there will be a goalie announcement next week sometime. Does anyone know or heard what that might be.

An inside source told me Eddie Belfour choked out a bell boy in Helsinki and got sent back state-side. Look for him to be the practice squad goalie for the guys in green.

When I was watching the game on Friday on TV they said there will be a goalie announcement next week sometime. Does anyone know or heard what that might be.

does it matter really? no......he will be a guy to rifle pucks at in practice for maybe only 3 weeks then maybe bring in another goalie siembida style in january...but he may give phil a break or 2 in practice which may be a good thing. sorry but i dont buy a goalie getting overworked whe you play 2 nights a week. now if it was the nhl and you play 4-5 times a week then i would buy that. that goal he let in sucks the big one for sure. took us out of a game that we didnt have any business being tied anyways. just a good opportunity to steal a game we didnt deserve last night and that was a ball breaker.....lets get ready for denver!!

At the moment, our goal tending has been shakey. Even with the win on Friday, the two of the three goals should have been stopped....and Saturday's 3rd goal just took the momentum away from the sioux.

The loss of the backup goaltender has hurt us, b/c we dont have anyone to go when the going gets tough.

At 4-4, we are already looking at a best 3rd or 4th place in the league. I know it early, but I just don't see alot of consistent hockey playing to say this team is going anywhere.

At the moment, our goal tending has been shakey. Even with the win on Friday, the two of the three goals should have been stopped....and Saturday's 3rd goal just took the momentum away from the sioux.

The loss of the backup goaltender has hurt us, b/c we dont have anyone to go when the going gets tough.

At 4-4, we are already looking at a best 3rd or 4th place in the league. I know it early, but I just don't see alot of consistent hockey playing to say this team is going anywhere.

come on...im sure you said these exact words the last 3 years in a row....if you want to see a team that should really be worried and their fans know it, jump on the wagon down south in the cities. go sioux!!

Phillis just has had a couple of rough games. I am a goalie and it is a little hard to block every shot especially if the defense isn't playing their game. I am not blaming it on the defense but i think that people need to chill out and give Phillis a break

Phillis??? really? You are defending him while at the same time calling him a girls name? I know he has a lot of nicknames, or just names period, but I am pretty sure that Phillis is not one he appreciates. Back on topic, he has had a couple of rough stretches, but overall JPL is a great goaltender, and I think we can bring home #8 with him in net. Go Sioux!

Phillis??? really? You are defending him while at the same time calling him a girls name? I know he has a lot of nicknames, or just names period, but I am pretty sure that Phillis is not one he appreciates. Back on topic, he has had a couple of rough stretches, but overall JPL is a great goaltender, and I think we can bring home #8 with him in net. Go Sioux!

If his teammates call him that, I'm sure it's not a big deal.

JPL has looked weak ever since he received player of the month. I haven't been impressed with his play. He worries me all the time when he seems to blindly throw the puck up the boards from behind the net. His flopping is really starting to get on my nerves because he seems to be going down all the time. Maybe it seems worse because I am using the FSSN to watch all the games and it is blury via webcast. Hopefully something changes because our chances of winning the big one depend on goaltending. We can't win without a strong goalie and the reason Denver, CC, and Tech are doing well is goaltending.

Has there been a game this season that we can say we won because JPL?

Okay, I almost feel like ripping on JPL some more because he made me eat my words this weekend! :) When he is on, he is on and gives the Sioux a chance to win even when the rest of the team is off. He was really focused and on his game both nights. I guess this is why I have been frustrated at times this season because he is such a capable goalie. He isn't going to have amazing games every week but I hope this weekend is a sign of what to expect for the rest of the season.

Lamoureux isn't the problem. Defense isn't the problem. Lack of scoring has been the problem.

You can have all the goaltending in the world but if you don't score you don't win.

It is apparent that the way to beat DU is get a lead on them and open it up.

While they have a talented team, opening it up takes them off their game.