SiouxSports.com Forum

goaltending

CASiouxfan

so now its two goals we're worried about instead of 1... i personally just wanna see walski play cuz i havent other than that one period against manitoba. but im sure if hak thought he could play better he would play.

to be honest, WITH NOTHING AGAINST JPL, i just wanna see him play too and hope he gets some playing time in the denver series be it a start or 3rd period or something.

so now its two goals we're worried about instead of 1... i personally just wanna see walski play cuz i havent other than that one period against manitoba. but im sure if hak thought he could play better he would play.

That's correct, but if you listened to Hak, he wasn't concerned with solely Phil, but the play of the team on those two goals...two issues that can be addressed, where the shot from center ice is a bounce of the puck issue and will happen to goalies from time to time; ex. Frazee. Yes, it's funny when it happens to him, but unacceptable when it happens to our guy.

i didnt say jpl should become the second goalie because of that goal. im just sayin i personally would like to see how good walski is. just for my own curiosity. hak gets paid a lot of money to worry about all this stuff.

im kind of a big-goalie advocate, personally. for instance on that deflection(not the long goal) a bigger goalie might've stopped that with his leg pads

I think Lammy is a fine number one goalie. However, if he starts every single game this year, there is a thing called burnout that I am worried about. Also, if Lammy has a rough couple of games, it would be nice to have a backup goalie that you could throw in there for a game that would give Lammy the chance to clear his head. I like Walski, and I always root for the Nodak boys, however, I don't get the feeling that he will be getting a start (at least against a WCHA team) anytime soon.

I think Lammy is a fine number one goalie. However, if he starts every single game this year, there is a thing called burnout that I am worried about. Also, if Lammy has a rough couple of games, it would be nice to have a backup goalie that you could throw in there for a game that would give Lammy the chance to clear his head. I like Walski, and I always root for the Nodak boys, however, I don't get the feeling that he will be getting a start (at least against a WCHA team) anytime soon.

Before reading this, I was going to say the same thing. Walski definitely needs to give Lammy a breather. I do, however, disagree with your screenname.

as a goaltender....more past then present....there was no need to even go down on that shot. Standing up your chances are MUCH better to stop a bouncing puck like that.....don't get me wrong, I think JPL has done great, but I do agree that JPL maybe should take a break.

Hey, at least it wasn't from ACROSS the ICE say 170+ feet!!

Thoughts??

This is a horrible thread.

Lammy isn't the problem. Consistency is the problem. The Sioux need to find a way to string together some good games in a row. They're not going to win the WCHA getting splits each weekend. Right now I'm just hoping that they can get 3rd place in the league...as it appears that CC and DU are the teams to beat thus far.

Next weekend, heading to DU I just hope that they can manage a split.

This is a horrible thread.

Lammy isn't the problem. Consistency is the problem. The Sioux need to find a way to string together some good games in a row. They're not going to win the WCHA getting splits each weekend. Right now I'm just hoping that they can get 3rd place in the league...as it appears that CC and DU are the teams to beat thus far.

Next weekend, heading to DU I just hope that they can manage a split.

STOP CALLING HIM LAMMY! Jean-Phillipe, JP, Levi's 501, Phil, 100' sieve...anything but LAMMY! It makes him sound like something a little girl would cuddle up with her bed...STOP IT NOW! DON'T CALL HIM LAMMY! He could ending up acting like a QUEEN...

LAMMY sings Queen:-)

JPL has looked weak ever since he received player of the month. I haven't been impressed with his play. He worries me all the time when he seems to blindly throw the puck up the boards from behind the net. His flopping is really starting to get on my nerves because he seems to be going down all the time. Maybe it seems worse because I am using the FSSN to watch all the games and it is blury via webcast. Hopefully something changes because our chances of winning the big one depend on goaltending. We can't win without a strong goalie and the reason Denver, CC, and Tech are doing well is goaltending.

Has there been a game this season that we can say we won because JPL?

JPL has looked weak ever since he received player of the month. I haven't been impressed with his play. He worries me all the time when he seems to blindly throw the puck up the boards from behind the net. His flopping is really starting to get on my nerves because he seems to be going down all the time. Maybe it seems worse because I am using the FSSN to watch all the games and it is blury via webcast. Hopefully something changes because our chances of winning the big one depend on goaltending. We can't win without a strong goalie and the reason Denver, CC, and Tech are doing well is goaltending.

Has there been a game this season that we can say we won because JPL?

Northeastern,CC,and the tie with BC.I know the CC game was a 6-2 SIOUX victory but i sat right behind JPL for 2 periods and that game could of easily turned out the other way if it weren't for him especially in the first period where he made at least 4 stellar saves.Now with that said I did say before the season started if the SIOUX have an achilles heel it's JPL and I'm stickin with it.I hope I'm wrong but time will tell.This team has more problems than just him though and I hope Hakstol is still skatin the boys.Unacceptable play this weekend.