SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. badgers

aleah

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And to make it worse, I just accidentally listened to the Fat Head Dumbay brag about how the goofer nation held on by the skin of their teeth to beat the landcows 4 - 3 for their FIRST WCHA win. Now all I need is for someone to come in and kick my dog and the night will be completely $hitty.

In honor of Dan "The Common Man" Cole of KFAN fame, I am proud to present "The Common Man WCHA Hockey Standings". These standings are different than the ones you will find in the Grand Forks Heraldo. Here is the current record of our University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux:

Wins: 4

Losses: 0

Ties: 0

Ran into a hot goaltender: 3

Scoreless tie because arena in Boston didn't have air conditioning: 1

I thought we could all use a little sarcastic humor. :angry:

In honor of Dan "The Common Man" Cole of KFAN fame, I am proud to present "The Common Man WCHA Hockey Standings". These standings are different than the ones you will find in the Grand Forks Heraldo. Here is the current record of our University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux:

Wins: 4

Losses: 0

Ties: 0

Ran into a hot goaltender: 3

Scoreless tie because arena in Boston didn't have air conditioning: 1

I thought we could all use a little sarcastic humor. ;)

:angry::D Good Comedy!!

I'm also extremely frustrated with slow starts 4 years in a row - not just slow starts but playing way below our talent. I've been as excited as anyone with our finishes - however 3 strait final four appearances with no championships = Woog. Eventually we have to put it together and get our s**t together all season. With our talent this isn't too much to hope for. I had hoped with the talent coming back this year we could avoid this kind of thing this year. We are definately underachieving so far this year.

We should have been down to earth the last two weeks then. How long until we get grounded?

i would say around the end of december when we sweep new hampshire and make that 4th second half run to the frozen 4. sometime around then :angry:

and yes last saturday was a good enoiugh beating for me as well then add this one. just have to get the split tomorrow!!

I'm also extremely frustrated with slow starts 4 years in a row - not just slow starts but playing way below our talent. I've been as excited as anyone with our finishes - however 3 strait final four appearances with no championships = Woog. Eventually we have to put it together and get our s**t together all season. With our talent this isn't too much to hope for. I had hoped with the talent coming back this year we could avoid this kind of thing this year. We are definately underachieving so far this year.

You're right! Fire Dave Hakstol! Oh, and fire Jerry York, too! Take a look at his Frozen Four track record in the past 10 years - 7 Frozen Fours since 1997-1998, 5 championship game appearances, and only 1 title?

You're right! Fire Dave Hakstol! Oh, and fire Jerry York, too! Take a look at his Frozen Four track record in the past 10 years - 7 Frozen Fours since 1997-1998, 5 championship game appearances, and only 1 title?

I agree, Hak does not deserve to be fired, as MafiaMan sarcastically pointed out. People that are seriously questioning Hak for not winning a national title yet are going too far, but the slow start thing does need to be addressed. We're not going to win the title every year, but it would be nice to at least have a WCHA title to hang our hats on after a Frozen Four defeat one of these years. Or at least make it to December still in contention. This year isn't at that point yet, but it's getting damned close.

If we're just going to use recent history as a guide, like some are automatically assuming, the rest of the regular season doesn't matter because we're going to continue to suck, then play lights out and lose to BC in the Frozen Four. If we're going to use what we've seen from this year's team as a guide, we're going to either get shut out or shut the other team out, no one knows which will happen any given night. To be honest with you, I'm not sure which is more reassuring.

We are overrated. We have played well three times this year. That's it.

I quit. I am sick of the pain. I thought we'd win it with Parise, I thought we'd win it with Zajac and Stafford, I thought we'd win it with Toews...NOTHING

Ahhhh....must be a Queens fan too, eh?:angry: Way to jump off the bandwagon so early in the season! Were the Sioux even supposed to make it to the dance last year?:D And I bet you were one of the first to support them then?

More ppl need to be like Packer fans and take what their team gives them and SUPPORT them!

Geez....I still can't believe your past post....it's so unbelieveable!

GO PACK!!! GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!

A message UND media relations asked me to share with you all--

All JumpTV websites, including FightingSioux.com, were spotty tonight

(Friday, Nov. 9) due to a glitch in 10 new servers added to support

increased traffic. The issue was resolved around 9 p.m. Central, and

engineers are continuing to work on the issues throughout the night.

I've been assured that everything will work properly on Saturday. FYI,

the servers were added to deal with increased user traffic, which

slowed down the JumpTV network on Saturday.

Thanks again,

Matt Schill

UND Athletic Media Relations

With all the talk about rankings and playing with pressure due to our #1 preseason ranking, whatever happened to putting pressure on yourself as a player to perform to the best of your abilities every night? Does anyone honestly believe that Fighting Sioux hockey has sunk to the point that players can only do good when little is expected of them? If that's the case, then go play at Mankato or Bemidji or some other school where a win is considered a pleasant surprise. We didn't hang 7 national championship banners from the rafters because we couldn't play when expectations were high. It's time to look in the mirror and decide whether we want to be a great team and deal with those expectations, or continue to wallow in the muck. And maybe next year, we can make that decision BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS!

God, I feel like a Bears fan right now. With all the fuss about a new nickname, I think we should start calling ourselves the University of North Dakota Grossmans!

Just got in from Madison on the Hog and boy are my cojones chilly. I did not read all the posts, but the boyz did not play that bad. BADgers got some lucky stuff, our d-men really play up in the offensive zone and sometimes get caught our of position and JPL got outplayed tonight. He let one long rebound go, the BADger got it right on the tape and fired it in for the third goal. I thought we controlled play for much of the game and just were throwing too many into the goalie's chest. We hit some metal and they will turn it around tomorrow and smash the BADgers. I think my wife wants to take her Escape tomorrow. PANSY!!Supposed to be raining. GO SIOUX!!!!

Just got in from Madison on the Hog and boy are my cojones chilly. I did not read all the posts, but the boyz did not play that bad. BADgers got some lucky stuff, our d-men really play up in the offensive zone and sometimes get caught our of position and JPL got outplayed tonight. He let one long rebound go, the BADger got it right on the tape and fired it in for the third goal. I thought we controlled play for much of the game and just were throwing too many into the goalie's chest. We hit some metal and they will turn it around tomorrow and smash the BADgers. I think my wife wants to take her Escape tomorrow. PANSY!!Supposed to be raining. GO SIOUX!!!!

I agree with this. I was also at the game. I have not read many of the posts on here but we did not play that bad... I just don't think we played Fighting Sioux Hockey... we played Badger hockey. We need to control the tempo of the game from the get go. At the beginning of the game they weren't even counting our shots (for whatever reason) but by the third period they seemed to be double for every one shot... it was interesting. The Badger fans were LATE!!! WOW! Half the student section was empty until the second period. As far as Turris, I don't remember seeing him on the ice that much... I think he got an assist... but his play didn't stand out to me. Randomly during the Badger introductions they announced that the freshman goalie was starting, he didn't. I thought that was weird. Decent number of Sioux fans and a fair number of the typical d-bag home team fans. It still makes me VERY nervous to have Lapoint and Marto on the same line.... not sure why, just does. I was sad to see that after all I heard Davidson didn't get to make the trip. I was surprised to read that Radke also did not make the trip. I expect to see Forney and Miller in the lineup tomorrow. This is getting kinda long, but I feel like on the power play we need to try and stop setting each other up and if the lanes are open just shoot it yourself. Hopefully we play more our style of hockey tomorrow because I think we could easily outskate, outplay, and dominate the Badgers.

Just got back to the hotel after the game. This was my first time at the Kohl Center (embarrasing...I'm only 2 hrs away) but wow...it's a great place if your a Badger fan. The students are unreal. I wish it were this way at the Ralph. They did show up late, but probably the norm. For the football games, the students get there half way through the first quarter, drinking as much as they can before entering to keep their buzz going.They taunted Lammy the whole game, chanting Lameroux SUCKS! When the sieve chant comes out, it's almost deafening. The chants are funny at times...at the end of the game, the last two minutes, they chant "Get Up Old People" (clap, clap, clap clap clap), and everyone rises. A few Sioux fans in the student section recieved the Asshole chant as the entire section points at them. I agree, the Sioux played OK, the Badgers had some breaks. It seemed in the first period the refs wern't calling penaltys against the Badgers. I admit one chant was funny, after the "Overrated" chant, they were chanting to Lammy (they were right behind him) "High School Goalie" (clap, clap, clap clap clap).

I was with my 2 year old son, and he was decked out in a Sioux jersey, and he got so many "cute" comments from numerous Badger fans, so in that regard, they were classy. Before the game, we had a closeup up on the Jumbotron when they were showing various fans, he thought that was pretty cool. We had great seats, I think we were in a Sioux family section, LaPointe's mom was in front of us, as well as 20 or so Sioux fans. None of the Badger fans around us were nasty, I spoke with several of them, getting strange looks of course when I tell them I live in Wisco. Tomorrow night, the seats aren't so good, nose bleeders up in the 3rd deck. I have 20 hours or so to teach my kid to give the finger if we get the Asshole chant. :angry:

If the Badgers beat Michigan tommorow afternoon (football), the students are going to be so lit up, tonights performance will look like kindergarten, and I don't know how we'll win...somehow they have to find a way.