SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2008

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always had tickets ahead of time, but from what I understand, tickets are always available out front.

The difficulty we had trying to find tickets on craigslist, etc this year, I'd be cautious on going to Denver without any.

I would disagree. From Craigslist, Stubhub and all the online ticket brokers, there are tickets for sale everywhere. People are just asking too much. Don't think that if these folks don't get what they are asking, they are going to say "ok I'll just go now to the games". They are trying to sell them for a reason. Had one guy on Craigslist wanting $500/ticket for 4. Now he's e-mailing me and is down to $1250 for all 4. I told him to call me on Wed. night when I get to Denver as he'll still have them and we can work something out!! :)

I get 4 tickets every year to a game at Lambeau at a good/reasonable rate. Don't tell me these tickets are harder to get than those!

I would disagree. From Craigslist, Stubhub and all the online ticket brokers, there are tickets for sale everywhere. People are just asking too much. Don't think that if these folks don't get what they are asking, they are going to say "ok I'll just go now to the games". They are trying to sell them for a reason. Had one guy on Craigslist wanting $500/ticket for 4. Now he's e-mailing me and is down to $1250 for all 4. I told him to call me on Wed. night when I get to Denver as he'll still have them and we can work something out!! :)

I get 4 tickets every year to a game at Lambeau at a good/reasonable rate. Don't tell me these tickets are harder to get than those!

I was talking about the prices when I said difficulty. It's not that the tickets aren't available, it's just that the prices are high right now. That will probably change by the beginning of the week.

I was talking about the prices when I said difficulty. It's not that the tickets aren't available, it's just that the prices are high right now. That will probably change by the beginning of the week.

I'm with you. I have secured 2 good seats at face, but need 4 and would like them together. Will trade my 2 and cash for 4 good seats together on Thursday at the Pepsi Can.

there are tickets to any event anywhere no matter what. tickets should be the least of someones worries heading to denver. the only way frozen 4 tickets are tough and expensive is when the home team is playing in that event like uw a few years back. other than that there isnt a worry at all

Hi, I was thinking of checking out the infamous Joe Sensor's that I have read so much about. The one everyone goes to is the Bloomington location, right?

Yep. The Bloomingtom location will have the most Sioux fans.

I owe you a beer or two, since you saved me at least a hundred dollars in hotel charges in Madison.

if you guys had to guess, how do you think the fanbase will be split up?

for example

UND 25%

ND 25%

Michigan 25%

BC 25%

who knows as there wil be many locals and fans from every team around the nation attenfing like every frozen 4, just a guess on the % below as the sioux will have the highest amount of fans there as denver has a big sioux population to begin with

30% UND

15% MICHIGAN

10% BC

5% NOTRE DAME

40% LOCALS AND FANS FROM ALL NCAA TEAMS

who knows as there wil be many locals and fans from every team around the nation attenfing like every frozen 4, just a guess on the % below as the sioux will have the highest amount of fans there as denver has a big sioux population to begin with

30% UND

15% MICHIGAN

10% BC

5% NOTRE DAME

I'd go a little lower on Michigan/BC/Notre Dame. Hockey is a pleasant diversion to these people, not something worth going to Denver for.

Are you thinking semi-final lower bowl tickets will go for less than face at the rink?

I have no idea how to translate that :):)

Game #81 is BC vs. UND

The Over/Under is 5.5 for total goals scored. Usually the line on this is -110 which means if you put $110 down and you said the total score will be over 5.5 goals scored and the final is 4-2 (6 goals) you will win $100 plus get back your original $110. If the final score is 3-2 (5 goals) you lose your original $110.

BC + 155 means if you bet $100 for BC to win and BC wins, you will win $155 plus your original bet. If BC loses, you lose your $100.

UND -175 means if you bet $175 for UND to win and they do, you will win $100 plus your original bet. If UND loses, you lose your $175.

I'd go a little lower on Michigan/BC/Notre Dame. Hockey is a pleasant diversion to these people, not something worth going to Denver for.

Are you thinking semi-final lower bowl tickets will go for less than face at the rink?

lower should sell for face as of now and uppers beloew face for semi finals. title game tix will depend on whos in the game and you are right on the % needing to be lower. just was thinking about that.......we know 1 thing and that the sioux will dominate in fans there and you will be able to hear it!!

lower should sell for face as of now and uppers beloew face for semi finals. title game tix will depend on whos in the game and you are right on the % needing to be lower. just was thinking about that.......we know 1 thing and that the sioux will dominate in fans there and you will be able to hear it!!

AZ: What are odds of trading 2 pair of club tickets (sec 200) straight up for 4 together in the 100s?? You seem to have a good guage on this stuff. Thanks.

At the West regional last year. Very few Mich fans. I know this the F4 so I would say 40% UND, 30% Mich, 15% BC and 15% ND--do most of their fans even know they have a hockey team. It is Red Sox season, no one in Boston/NE care one bit about BC right now.

AZ: What are odds of trading 2 pair of club tickets (sec 200) straight up for 4 together in the 100s?? You seem to have a good guage on this stuff. Thanks.

probably not good since if there are 4 together they would need 4 back and its a hassle if you are selling 4 to just trade for 2 clubs then have to sell them anyways if you are on the other end of that deal. the great thing obviously is that you can drink in the suites and club area but its also very easy to bring little shooters in the pockets or waistline to make some nice mixed drinks, not that anyone will be in need after the pre game party but you catch my drift :):)

At the West regional last year. Very few Mich fans. I know this the F4 so I would say 40% UND, 30% Mich, 15% BC and 15% ND--do most of their fans even know they have a hockey team. It is Red Sox season, no one in Boston/NE care one bit about BC right now.

those % are fine if you are just counting the 4 teams fans and discounting all fans from across the country that go to the frozen 4 every year with their groups and locals as they will be the majority in the building. i somewhat agree if you are just acounting for the 4 teams but mich wont be as much or close to the sioux.

probably not good since if there are 4 together they would need 4 back and its a hassle if you are selling 4 to just trade for 2 clubs then have to sell them anyways if you are on the other end of that deal. the great thing obviously is that you can drink in the suites and club area but its also very easy to bring little shooters in the pockets or waistline to make some nice mixed drinks, not that anyone will be in need after the pre game party but you catch my drift :):)

No, I have 2 pair of club seat sets (4 tickets total) but in different sections. Would be a 4 for 4 swap. My 2 pair are not 4 together and that is what I'm looking for--4 tickets side by side by side...

if you guys had to guess, how do you think the fanbase will be split up?

for example

UND 25%

ND 25%

Michigan 25%

BC 25%

I'm going to guess UND will have a lot of fans there. Sioux fans (and WCHA fans in general) travel really well, and I would hope the rest of the WCHA is behind us (although I know quite a few WCHA fans out there that are not!). Also, the big rivals of those other schools will probably be rooting for us. And I know that all of the Maine fans will be cheering for the Sioux what with the brotherhood there :)

30% UND

15% MICHIGAN

10% BC

5% NOTRE DAME

You would be surprised at the all the posers that tend to come out of the woodwork (i.e. people who follow Michigan and Notre Dame football, or worse people who just have their hat). I saw Michigan play at UNO this year and that was definitely happening. HOWEVER, the Sioux fans will be the most abundant and loudest for sure! Gotta represent for the only non-BCS school, a true hockey university.

I would guess:

General public: 25%

UND: 30%

BC: 5%

Michigan: 20%

Notre Dame: 20%

BC fans don't even show up well in their own building.

The Siouxman knows what he is talking about. I might flip the public number with the Sioux number.

There will be a drove of folks from Notre Dame. Many without a clue as to how the game is played, but they will be there cheering the Golden Domers. At least on Thursday. If they beat Michigan, the Catholics will be swarming into Denver on Saturday. Just like Sioux fans will be. It is going to be a mob scene and a mad house.

I would guess:

General public: 25%

UND: 30%

BC: 5%

Michigan: 20%

Notre Dame: 20%

BC fans don't even show up well in their own building.

more general public for sure in a building this big, less notre dame and michigan, cut those to 12% mich and 8 % notre dame..i say right on with the 30% on UND though