SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 Season

UND Fan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The men won over UMD 69-57, to stay out of the NCC cellar. Good job today guys! :silly:

I was very impressed with the men tonight. Very good shooting and even though they were outmatched down low they held their own. I was worried at the beginning about the D but they really locked down in the 2nd half. This was the only game I saw all year and even though UMD was the worst team in the league, I can't see why we don't have a better record. Is it that the D is lacking? That and our post size would be the only 2 things I could think of. On a related note, UMD really shot themselves in the foot when they didn't use their size down low and when they went away from their deep 3 point shooter. He had 11 in the first 4 minutes and didn't get another until around 10 in the 2nd half. Great game all around.

What a huge upset. Great job men! :huh:

Props go to Coach Jones and his staff. This team could have quit but they showed up, played hard and showed great pride in themselves. Great character check. Still not sure they're any good, but I'll take heart like that anytime. :sad:

I saw the game when the USD men played against UND in Grand Forks. It was the men against the boys that night. In my wildest dreams I would never have thought the Sioux could of beat USD at any time on any court. Huge props to the players and coaches for the Sioux men. Way to go.

Congradulations on your win tonight. I think heads are going to have to roll in Vermillion. Either way you guys picked up a good win. Keep it going and take down the Doggies if you will. Heck don't stop there, take out Minnesota State that way you can earn the auto bid and help put the poor Yotes out of their misery and allow their season to end.

Wise move.

I'm not so sure - The best thing I could say about the last two seasons is that they have been lackluster. This season's league play is the worst I can remember in the past 40 years. The team played with an unacceptable level of entheusiasm and heart. No team work at all. Don't believe me -here are some of the quotes from other fans who attended games this year:

Before the NCC season started, I was thinking we were capable of going 4-2 or even 5-1 at home, and then probably 3-3 or 2-4 on the road. After listening to the first two games and being at the USD game, I'm wondering if we'll win more than 2 more games all year. - Bincitysioux

Sioux lose 84-69. This is UND's first 0-4 start to an NCC season since 1995-96, and Sioux men are the only NCC basketball team--men or women--still seeking their first conference win of the season. - Und 92,96

UND Men Lose......73-65 to St Cloud.

Frustrating game to watch, UND could have won if the boys would play sound TEAM basketball, and quit the showboating between the legs (meaningless) dribbling...? When they ran the offense, reconized the double team, hit the open man, they were successful. The turnovers were just plain stupid basketball, and trying to be the star. - The Walrus

The problems with this team are endless. First, the only head coaching experience our head coach has is what he's done right here!! Never been a head coach before so he has to learn as he goes along. Not sure that is good at this level.

Second, team can't shoot a lick. Great athletes but no shooters and it is empasized by our opponents. The NCC has always been a team of big "cornfed" posts and shooters. Look back at some of the best teams this league has had and you'll find this out. - Coach Daddy

Okay, so the men officially stink in basketball. Where does the program go from here? Start from scratch? Is next year going to be even more bleak than this year? - GeauxSioux

wish I had the answer. This season has been an unmitigated disaster, and there doesn't appear to be many (if any) reasons to think next year will be any better. - UND 92,96

After we got down by 20 points, it was a pretty even game,

Two tournament wins don't make a season - So far Coach Jones has shown exactly nothing.

I'm not saying he should be fired. However to greet his 3 year contract as a "wise move" seems a bit much.

How long was his original contract? I guess I think that you need 5 years to see if a change was successful. If this extension puts us in that range, then we should be fine.

How long was his original contract? I guess I think that you need 5 years to see if a change was successful. If this extension puts us in that range, then we should be fine.

He was evidently under contract through the 2009-10 season. The extension is reportedly for three years--through the 2012-13 season. So he's now guaranteed seven years (the two that he's already completed, plus five more).