SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews at it again

proudsioux

Yeah I watched SportsCenter about 3 times last night just so I could keep seeing that.... Awesome!!! :love:

At least something good came outta last night ha ha

Agreed, it was my TV game with the Sioux on the internet and along with one of Lammy's saves it was the only memorable highlight of my hockey night.

Toews' circus goal puts NHL back on ESPN radar

When the NHL severed its broadcasting ties with U.S. sports giant ESPN after the lockout, hockey virtually disappeared from the network.

It was back there -- and prominently -- on Friday night as Toews' spectacular multiple-move, multiple-deke goal in the first period of a game against the Colorado Avalanche was the No. 1 ESPN highlight of the night, even ahead of MVP Sidney Crosby.

"I guess it definitely means something," Toews said Saturday night at the Air Canada Centre after his team posted a second straight win by dumping the Toronto Maple Leafs 6-4. "It's fun to be able to score goals like that but I know it doesn't happen too often.

Beautiful goal!!! Wow!

YouTube of Insane Jonathan Toews Goal

I've shown the clip of this goal to a number of people, some that know nothing about hockey and they have all marveled. One thing that hit me while watching it for the 10th time is how Toews handled himself. He celebrated with his teammates at the board, skated over and sat on the bench. If this had been an NFL game and some rookie running back had scored a touchdown of beauty, he likely would have been taunting the other team or doing some other "me me me" antics. Gotta love hockey! :crazy:

I've shown the clip of this goal to a number of people, some that know nothing about hockey and they have all marveled. One thing that hit me while watching it for the 10th time is how Toews handled himself. He celebrated with his teammates at the board, skated over and sat on the bench. If this had been an NFL game and some rookie running back had scored a touchdown of beauty, he likely would have been taunting the other team or doing some other "me me me" antics. Gotta love hockey! :huh:

Gotta Love JT!! :crazy:

I've shown the clip of this goal to a number of people, some that know nothing about hockey and they have all marveled. One thing that hit me while watching it for the 10th time is how Toews handled himself. He celebrated with his teammates at the board, skated over and sat on the bench. If this had been an NFL game and some rookie running back had scored a touchdown of beauty, he likely would have been taunting the other team or doing some other "me me me" antics. Gotta love hockey! :huh:

He didn't have to unstrap his helmet or go jabber some BS to a camera. Hockey is the greatest sport!

Classy kid! :crazy: Way to go Jonathan!

"I was telling the guys on the bench it felt like I blacked out and I couldn't even remember what happened on that play," Toews said. "That's what happens sometimes, you just go by instinct, and if you catch a few breaks, you're lucky enough to score. That's pretty much the only way I can sum it up, really."