SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone rooting for MOO U on Saturday isn't a true Sioux fan!

rick blaine

Not that I am a Gopher fan, but I will not be rooting for NDSU. My non-NDSU view has more to do with recruiting than anything else. NDSU already has a leg up on recruiting due to their additional years in FCS, a win against a Big 10 team would enhance that advantage.

On the Fan this week, they kept referring to how much superior the "quality of life" is in the Twin Cities vs. ND. What, how are they defining quality of life? If you have pro sports teams you have a better quality of life?

Do the pro sports teams and more restraunts really trump the traffic, pollution, crime, and homelessness that you see in the TC metro. Is the quality of life in Fargo, GF, Bis, Minot so much inferior to Minnesota? Sorry, I didn't get the logic.

Ahhhh, now you are starting to get our hatred for the gophers and the twin cities metro area in general. The superiority thing. And my friend, there IS no logic. When the gopher program can't beat a team, their pundits go on to bashing the state they are from (ND, Iowa, Wisconsin) how in the world is MN any different from these states???

The Cow College down South is THE enemy, always has been and always will be even if we don't play them in football for another 50 years!

The Gophers have never been our enemy in football. How quickly some of you forget what a true rivalry is, and how much scorn and ridicule the SU faithful heaped on the Sioux football program for so many years, maybe some of you are too young too remember.

I'd rather root for Taliban U than those arrogant SOBs from Fargo.

So if you choose to cheer for the Bison Saturday you can then call yourself a sort of Sioux fan, or a sometimes Sioux fan, or a when it's convenient Sioux fan, but a tried and true bleeds kelly green Sioux fan you can never be.

Here endeth the lesson.

which Bison fan peed on your head? Whether or not, their fans are arrogant has absolutely no meaning whatsoever on their football team. I remember the Sioux-Bison rivalry and I hope that I see it again. To say that you would rather cheer for Taliban U is ridiculous because Bison fans don't kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people like they would teach people to do at Taliban U.

No one gets to tell me who to cheer for...I am a native North Dakotan and will ALWAYS cheer for my NORTH DAKOTA boys. Best of Luck to NDSU until we play again............GO THUNDAR!

Bison 27

Rodents 21....

Cool.

I was cheering NDSU. Even though I no longer live in Nodak, I hate those dammmm rodents and their put downs of my home state.

It's kinda like in Animal House, when the two frat boys say, "They can't do that to our pledges. Only WE can do that to our pledges!"

Well, NDSU got revenge. Now, the Sioux will do the same in hockey.

Do the people who hate the Gophers for that reason also hate the Twins, Vikings, Wild, and T'Wolves?

Dave, I can speak only for myself. I have been a vikings fan since my youth. I don't mind the Twins. I hate the T wolves and Wild. I have found it harder to cheer for the vikings and twins in the past 15 years due to my interactions with twin cities folks (namely gopher fans). How bout your gophers today? What is the excuse?

Maybe Goldie should join the Ivy League so they could keep claiming academic superiority, play FCS (and maybe have some FB wins), and hockey. :silly:

Note to Maturi: Not only have you no spine, you hired the wrong FB coach. Instead, now Nebraska will get him. :lol:

Ahhhh, now you are starting to get our hatred for the gophers and the twin cities metro area in general. The superiority thing. And my friend, there IS no logic. When the gopher program can't beat a team, their pundits go on to bashing the state they are from (ND, Iowa, Wisconsin) how in the world is MN any different from these states???

I thought that was the reason we are suppose to hate fargo. The whole superiority thing.

My honest opinion...

If the Bison were in the Big 10 and the Gophers were in the Great West, I believe they would both have losing records.

One post I can't disagree with DaveK on.

This Bohl guy sure can put together a team and coach. You look at the W against Montana and at the time wonder if it was a fluke. He's getting their guys to do it again and again and the success can no longer be dismissed. The past is the past and realistically I don't think it has had any bearing on the present for NDSU. They brought in a guy that had "been there before" and he's taken the ship and brought them to the IAA level with the perfect formula.

If UND isn't taking notice, something is terribly wrong in Grand Forks. I think given the same resources, Dale Lennon could do the same thing for UND. Hopefully that is what we'll see.

Nice win, Bison.

Go SIOUX!

The Cow College down South is THE enemy, always has been and always will be even if we don't play them in football for another 50 years!

The Gophers have never been our enemy in football. How quickly some of you forget what a true rivalry is, and how much scorn and ridicule the SU faithful heaped on the Sioux football program for so many years, maybe some of you are too young too remember.

So if you choose to cheer for the Bison Saturday you can then call yourself a sort of Sioux fan, or a sometimes Sioux fan, or a when it's convenient Sioux fan, but a tried and true bleeds kelly green Sioux fan you can never be.

Here endeth the lesson.

you know who else is a cow college? u of m, nebraska, florida, illinois... keep talking...

I root for und in hockey and I'm a big time bison fan. you've got a lot of balls to tell me i'm not a real fan considering i haven't missed a home football game in 5 years. You've got a lot of ball to rip on fellow Sioux fans too. And to call BIson and Sioux fans supporters of the Taliban is so idiotic you should get your ass kicked by Bison and Siioux fans.

Apparently the Gophers are our biggest and most hated rival. I was at an eating establishment yesterday and the Bison/Gopher game was on and the place was mostly full of Sioux fans . When the Bison won the game the whole place cheered. I guess when it comes to sports , fans around here cheer for North Dakota teams first. I guess that is actually sort of neat. Nice win by the Bison. Congrats. Joel Maturi was interviewed on the radio and he said he would like to see the Gophers continue to play DIAA teams in the future . He said he would like to see the Gophers play Northern Iowa, NDSU, SDSU and UND. Yes he included UND. Since Minnesota officials have said they won't play UND in any other sport than hockey, it was interesting that Joel included UND in his statement. That probably says more about the rivalry we have with the Gophers in hockey than anything.

He said he would like to see the Gophers play Northern Iowa, NDSU, SDSU and UND. Yes he included UND. Since Minnesota officials have said they won't play UND in any other sport than hockey, it was interesting that Joel included UND in his statement. That probably says more about the rivalry we have with the Gophers in hockey than anything.

Joe was probably calculating "the gate" and figured he'd probably make more money playing teams like 'su and UND, even after the visitors' payoff, than bringing in Toledo or Northern Illinois. As a practical matter, Maturi has the power to schedule whomever he pleases, whether he has the spine to schedule UND in FB in a few years is another story. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here endeth the lesson.

So you would cheer for a terrorist organization rather than the Bison. I know that you were trying to pull a funny, but really.

The lesson here is that when both schools are from a small state that most people in the country can't find on the map, beat each other up.

Even though I'm a Bison football fan I'll be cheering for the Sioux in their pursuit of another national championship in hockey. Might even cheer for the football team in the playoffs.

I'm from North Dakota.