SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO game attendance

Matt

I briefly checked ticketmaster yesterday and today, and there are at least three sections where I could buy twenty seats together for the game Sat. Not the nosebleeds either. Yesterday row G and today row N on the 10yd line. There's only one full day left. Is the hockey game hurting ticket sales that badly, or can we expect a big game day walk up?

I briefly checked ticketmaster yesterday and today, and there are at least three sections where I could buy twenty seats together for the game Sat. Not the nosebleeds either. Yesterday row G and today row N on the 10yd line. There's only one full day left. Is the hockey game hurting ticket sales that badly, or can we expect a big game day walk up?

I wouldn't expect a huge walk up crowd for the game. Frankly those seats I feel are some of the worst in the Al, unlike most football stadiums the seats are facing directly forward (almost all football stadium's seats have a concave approach to them, angling them towards midfield) so you only get a good view of midfield to goal and the opposite side is hard to see. But I would expect 9-10K for this game, pretty standard for this time of year, so the seats that are available will be the last to go.

My prediction 10,998....

Sad but I believe it will be true....

Do we have a marketing department....?

I would have let them use my slogan.....

"You pay only 20 bucks for the whole seat, but you are only going to need the EDGE! Sioux Football Don't Miss it!"

My prediction 10,998....

Sad but I believe it will be true....

Do we have a marketing department....?

I would have let them use my slogan.....

"You pay only 20 bucks for the whole seat, but you are only going to need the EDGE! Sioux Football Don't Miss it!"

Hey Walrus! You missed your calling in the HACK marketing department :love: (Wasn't "the edge" the slogan for the old FM Beez?) I predict 12,500+ (very NEAR a sellout but it's hard to tell since a lot of people who buy seats prefer to stand in the endzones) - don't worry...the Al will be rocking!

Last night I was at the Dickinson vs. Bismarck football game and spoke to a number of people who were planning to drive up to the game. I hope that is the case for many more. I also talked to a few people that were not going up due to the pheasant opener. I think someone needs to consider having a pheasant farm near GF so that we can put together a "Football & Pheasants" excursion for our hunting friends! :love:

Before some pimple-faced, pizza delivering, cow milking, twenty-something Bi-Son swoop in with their negative posts about lack of support for Sioux sports let's look at the estimated numbers for this weekend:

Number of tickets sold for Friday night Hockey Game: 12,000

Number of tickets sold for Saturday afternoon football game: 10,000 plus

Number of tickets sold for Saturday nigth Hockey game: 12,000

Total number of tickets sold in support of Sioux Sports: 34,000

The Alerus has 12,283 seats, not including the Suites.

Just when I was finally getting used to the idea that capacity was in the 12,200 range rather than the 13,500 as it was originally listed, the article in yesterday's Herald stated UND hopes for 13,000 for the game tomorrow. I wish they'd go back to actually counting the suites. How hard is that? Those people have tickets that are scanned too, don't they?

That is after the game is over, right? :love: I don't think people are going to be in a good mood after the game.

Seeing as how these games are seemingly always decided by 3 points or less, I don't think fans from either side should feel overly confident about the outcome.

Last night I was at the Dickinson vs. Bismarck football game and spoke to a number of people who were planning to drive up to the game. I hope that is the case for many more. I also talked to a few people that were not going up due to the pheasant opener. I think someone needs to consider having a pheasant farm near GF so that we can put together a "Football & Pheasants" excursion for our hunting friends! :love:

It's already there.

To those who are wondering how many people will be walk-ins to the game tomorrow, the numbers might surprise you. Tomorrow is Military appreation day, and there has been a lot of publicity about it on the Air base. There is a Free Lunch that is being put on by the Golden Eagles Club, then tickets can be picked up at the luncheon or at the box office. I ticket per ID card Plus all children can have one. Not sure if this was planned to be on the UNO game date for the reason of packing all the seats or if it just is happening this way. I havn't missed a home game yet and all I know is that i'm going to have my seat in there with my whole family watchign the Sioux Roll up 500+ yards on UNO...

Esox