SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO at UND

dakotadan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an official "Packed in Pink" campaign or this this just a dakotadan thing?

:silly:

GO SIOUX

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. UND is running ads for the game encouraging people to wear pink to the game. Part of the proceeds of the game are going to Altru and breast cancer awareness in the region.

I came up with the Packed in Pink on my own! :p

I'm really looking forward to this game. They're always great games to watch, and its usually the team that gets the bounce one way or another that ends up with the win. Unfortunately for the Sioux the Mavs have gotten more of the bounces the past couple of years in the rivalry, but UND did have a big win in the playoffs last season against the Mavs.

No predictions quite yet. We'll see about the health of Stroup, and Chappell for Saturday. Gosh it should be an amazing football game. :silly:

The number one factor in the game will be how well UND's defense can play with a loud Alerus center crowd behind them. The 12th man will be huge.

Opening of pheasant season and live TV won't help...

Even though I know it's true, it just seems odd that opening of a hunting season can noticeably hurt attendance. I've never heard other teams complain about this, but UND struggles with it every year. And if it's such a problem, UND should seriously consider night games on these days. It's a shame that a battle of top-5 undefeated teams will be anything less than a sell-out.

Even though I know it's true, it just seems odd that opening of a hunting season can noticeably hurt attendance. I've never heard other teams complain about this, but UND struggles with it every year. And if it's such a problem, UND should seriously consider night games on these days. It's a shame that a battle of top-5 undefeated teams will be anything less than a sell-out.

Agree, why in the world would you miss a game for a hunting opener? Will the birds not be there the following day? Leave to hunt after the game.

Agree, why in the world would you miss a game for a hunting opener? Will the birds not be there the following day? Leave to hunt after the game.

Opening pheasant weekend is way too overrated. Much better in the snow and cold in December. I'll be out west with lots of pheasants, but will be trying to tune in both the football and hockey game on KU band. Won't be leaving the house. Ditch chickens can wait.

UNO is a very good team, and based upon the past decade I think it's safe to say UND will need to play extremely well to win. It must be pointed out, however, that this is the first true road test for UNO. Their two road games so far were at Kearney and Augie, and both of those games were relatively competitive.

I'm sure UNO appreciates being given a bye the week before they play UND for the second year in a row. :silly:

I know the bye could not have come at a better time. UNO's offensive and defensive lines have been hit hard by injuries. UNO may get one defensive lineman back. In my mind, that's the biggest advantage...healing injuries. NW Missouri, Western Washington, and Minnesota State all had bye weeks before UNO this year and it did not really seem to matter too much. UNO won't install a lot of trick plays. About as fancy as they get is a reverse. Maybe a fake punt.