SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Article

siouxnami

Thanks for the kind words, folks. :huh:

All four of these players are tremendous representatives of Sioux hockey and will be leaders on and off the ice. Fortunately, this team is blessed with an abundance of such players. It's going to be an exciting season.

Thank you for the article, Pat. I think it is great that the North Dakota players recognize the support from the Grand Forks area. Not all college athletes express their appreciation for the local college communities who give a lot of their heart,time, and money to the college teams.

THAT WAS NOT AN ELBOWING PENALTY!

I remember how frustrating that call was back in April. I'm sure Pat would have liked putting something about the penalty in the article, he obviously made the right decision by not. It certainly is great having Big Joe, TJ, Ryan & Taylor back with the Sioux... great article PCM.

Evidently Josh at NCAA liked the article too.

Morning Coffee

Money can wait. When standout student-athletes have an opportunity to move on to participate in professional sports, they generally don’t hesitate to leave school early. The allure of six- and seven-figure salaries is just too great, and school and intercollegiate athletics are usually left behind. There are exceptions to every rule, however, and friend of the Double-A Zone Patrick Miller provides a perfect example in his recent article about four North Dakota hockey student-athletes. After seeing their hockey team fall in the national semifinals in April, North Dakota fans expected a mass exodus of players to the National Hockey League. It didn’t happen. Looking for a third consecutive trip to the Frozen Four and a first national championship, superstars Ryan Duncan, T.J. Oshie, Taylor Chorney and Joe Finley elected to return to Grand Forks instead of leaving for the bright lights of the National Hockey League. Each could be gearing up for their first full professional seasons right now, but they are still balancing classes and hockey practice in the university setting. Each member of the quartet returned to school for his own reasons, but there’s no doubt that leaving dollars on the table is not an easy thing to do. It’s refreshing to see student-athletes pining after a national championship and in no rush to grow up. It will be interesting to watch North Dakota’s results this season, but with much of last year’s roster still intact, expectations are high for the nation’s preseason No. 1.

Nice article PCM.

Lou Lamoriello lost interest after I blew out my knee painting the house in May. :D

I heard you were watching your wife and kids paint the house and you blow out your knee when you got off the lawn chair to grab yourself another beer. :glare:

I heard you were watching your wife and kids paint the house and you blow out your knee when you got off the lawn chair to grab yourself another beer. :glare:

I know PCM, and nothing could be further from the truth. He wasn't sitting in a lawn chair, he was crawling out of the neighbors hot tub to get another beer while his wife and kids painted the house. That's when the mishap occured.