SiouxSports.com Forum

Michigan Tech series trip Planning - Oct 26-27

Big A HG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone - Al Pearson has a fan bus going to this game!! Call him up at 218-779-5740 for details. He has the ride, "refreshments" on the bus, hotel rooms and game tickets all lined up. It's the way to go. His trips are awesome. I went with him to the Mich Tech series the last time he took a bus there. Had a ball. Also, for a heads up on his other trips this year - he's going to Mankato and Duluth too. Tell him Lady Dy sent you - I better give him a call to make sure he saves me a seat. :)

Hey everyone - Al Pearson has a fan bus going to this game!! Call him up at 218-779-5740 for details. He has the ride, "refreshments" on the bus, hotel rooms and game tickets all lined up. It's the way to go. His trips are awesome. I went with him to the Mich Tech series the last time he took a bus there. Had a ball. Also, for a heads up on his other trips this year - he's going to Mankato and Duluth too. Tell him Lady Dy sent you - I better give him a call to make sure he saves me a seat. :)

Just called him. Bus, refreshments, and tickets are 140 total, plus the room which is $59 (double occupancy, two queen sized beds...cost is split) so it's approx $170. Sounds like fun, just waiting to see what the other options were.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to try my hand at Al's bus trip. Haven't heard anything but good things.

My advice: Less Luggage, More alcohol. That's what I seem to remember after seeing the bus pull up in Milwaukee in 1997 at 10am. They had most of the luggage compartments filled with beer and other things for the over-night trip. Better buckle up. It's always a fun time.

• 2 weeks later...
When I went to Duluth a couple years ago Al & Co. were running around the Holiday Inn yelling and screaming at 2 in the morning. :lol:

A couple of buddies and I signed up to be on the bus. There are a total of 56 people riding. This is my first bus trip so I am looking forward to it. I plan on bring a deck of cards and Al said bring radio so I can listen to the vikes game on the way home. Guess there is no drinking until we get into Minnesota.... that will be at about 6:05 AM.....

How long of a drive is it to Houghton??? Do I need to bring beverages or is there enough on the bus? After the games, can we walk to the bars in town?:huh: Give me the low down on Houghton.

It's about 10 hours as the bus rolls. The keg will be tapped early and often. Passengers will have brought some hard stuff with them and will usuallly share; a tray of jello shots might be passed around. Treats (bars, sub platter, cookies, snack mix, you name it) will be passed around, too. There usually isn't any soda or water unless you bring your own. There will be a couple of stops at gas stations so you can replenish your junk food stash. When we stop for lunch, sometimes we all go in to a sit-down restaurant and other times, scatter for the fast food places at the interstate plaza.

It's about 10 hours as the bus rolls. The keg will be tapped early and often. Passengers will have brought some hard stuff with them and will usuallly share; a tray of jello shots might be passed around. Treats (bars, sub platter, cookies, snack mix, you name it) will be passed around, too. There usually isn't any soda or water unless you bring your own. There will be a couple of stops at gas stations so you can replenish your junk food stash. When we stop for lunch, sometimes we all go in to a sit-down restaurant and other times, scatter for the fast food places at the interstate plaza.

OK, sounds good. It is going to be a "Hought" :lol:

Thanks

Ok, now that the week has come, how many people are actually making the trip? I have 4 in my party, plus Al's bus. How many are on the bus? Who else is going?

Three from our usual party of four will be going on the bus. I am hoping to get that

Subway guys autograph and no not Jared. :)

Damn, that bus trip sounds like a lot of fun. Definitley the way to go. I'm only 4 hrs from Tech, but I have to work Saturday.

I have another question for you. I know it's off topic, but here it is anyway. I've been going to Sioux games since 2003, and I love the end of the National Anthem..."Home of the Sioux". I've seen a few games in St. Paul as well, and it's fun to get an idea of how many Sioux fans are there.

Here's the question...how far back can you remember the fans doing that? The 70's? 60's? How did it start?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Damn, that bus trip sounds like a lot of fun. Definitley the way to go. I'm only 4 hrs from Tech, but I have to work Saturday.

I have another question for you. I know it's off topic, but here it is anyway. I've been going to Sioux games since 2003, and I love the end of the National Anthem..."Home of the Sioux". I've seen a few games in St. Paul as well, and it's fun to get an idea of how many Sioux fans are there.

Here's the question...how far back can you remember the fans doing that? The 70's? 60's? How did it start?

Just curious.

Thanks!

I remember doing it in the 77-81 years in the student section. Can't say as to the years before then ...