2. 2. Nationally...

• New Hampshire
    • Maine
    • Boston College
    • Boston University
    • University of Michigan
    • Michigan State
    • Bemidji
    • Canisius (they've been to GF enough to warrant a choice)
    • Holy Cross
    • Other - Please post

Since the conversation was introduced in the "Why Minnesota Sucks" (paraphrasing a bit) thread; here's something a bit more positive that we can try to turn negative. :silly:

Despite the brawls in the past, I think there is somewhat of a bond between Wisco fans and Sioux fans - I think both fanbases both like to beat the Gophers over any other team.

Not fans we like but rather team fans??

The Badger fans with their songs, dances, chants and costumes get my number two vote. I find them annoying at times but for their team, they are definitely number two.

Maine fans are most definitley the friendliest I have run into. The number 2 most antagonistic toward each other teams I have run across are BC and NE. Woooo, they share NO LOVE!!!

Since my dad lives not too far from Maine I have had the good fortune of attending a few of Maine's home games. I think they get along well with Sioux fans because out of all the programs out east they most closely mirror the UND hockey program and its fans. I could draw many other parallels ie) BC-UMTC (right down to the stomach turning colors), BU-Wisconsin.

Tough choice on the other WCHA fans. For pure passion about the game it is tough to vote against Bucky fans but if I had to pick who I'd watch a WCHA game with it would have to be Duluth.

I grew up just out side of Madison, I may be bias, but i believe that the UW has some of the best fans of any NCAA school.

Two weeks ago, the Badgers football had an away game Vs. UNLV. UNLV hadn't sold out a game in years. Since Wisconsin was comming and they new that the badgers have such a following they raised there ticket prices for that game and only sold ticket if you bought a package deal that incleded ticket to the Ball state game as well. Needless to say that the game was a sell out. If you ever go to a game in Madiosn, no matter what team your there rooting for, your never hated. Just disliked for 60 minutes while the game is being played.

Esox

Fetch, I fully agree that hottest cheerleaders go to St. Clown.

As for the Badgers, I used to respect them. In Providence one of their fans fed my underage ass some beer. For free!! However, after visiting Milwaukee for the Frozen Four, I've come to realize that their fans can spin and chant, but really have no clue as to what is going on. My vote therefore, goes to Duluth, where the students scream and run and shout even though they suck.

It all depends on your definition of "best fans". If it's having fun, cheering, and arena atmosphere - nobody can touch Wisconsin. If it's passion for your team and knowledge of the game - UND and Minnesota would have to be 1a and 1b. If it's blindly suporting your team through thick and thin, Duluth is tops.