SiouxSports.com Forum

Jonathan Toews

SiouxForever

Tom Gulitti's NHL preview:

Top rookies

1. Jonathan Toews, C, Chicago: The former Wisconsin star gives the Blackhawks hope, but they'll have to wait until he recovers from a broken finger.

(Top part of the page, direct linking isn't allowed)

http://www.northjersey.com/main.php?qstr=e...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

I KNEW he was way too cool. A fellow sconnie Sioux! :glare:

Toews is benched for a broken finger? Good grief. Howe and Richard had their noses broken during games and still managed their next shifts.

i highly doubt its toews decision. im sure the blackhawks suits have a say in this. sucks for jon

Toews is benched for a broken finger? Good grief. Howe and Richard had their noses broken during games and still managed their next shifts.

If you are handling a stick with your nose, you are on the wrong end of a play. Those are not even comparable. You don't need a nose to handle the puck.

Nice Quotes.

"Me, personally, I'd make him captain right now," Lapointe said. "It's not that I don't want the C. He could sit beside me and I could help him. I would take pride in that. "Jonathan's the kind of guy who wants to be a leader, who wants to learn from the veterans. He's a smart kid, too. He plays with a lot of emotion. He's not just a skill guy who can score goals. With him you get the whole package. Very special."

Lapointe says of Toews. "He's scary good."

"He obviously was able to keep up, more than keep up," said Yzerman, adding that he was startled to see how physically mature Toews was.

"They have to be tickled pink that Jonathan Toews is the real deal. And he is," Button said. "He's such a well-rounded player, there's no part of the game he can't compete in. There's nothing light about Jonathan. Nothing."

"Toews has never played an NHL shift, yet he's already won a World Championship and people are talking captaincy."

" Toews said. "We don't know how hard it's going to be. But I guess we're going to find out."

he hasnt even played a nhl game yet but im going to say hes the best pro ever to come out of UND. could be totally wrong but i think he has the skills and the mental part which is just as important

just a bummer he cant play tonight

speaking of former players, im gona check out bochenski and jones saturday night here as the bruins are on town. always nice seeing a couple old teammates going head to head

he hasnt even played a nhl game yet but im going to say hes the best pro ever to come out of UND. could be totally wrong but i think he has the skills and the mental part which is just as important

That is a pretty daring statement being UND has had some pretty good NHLers over the years. I personally think Parise is better, just my personal HMO.

That is a pretty daring statement being UND has had some pretty good NHLers over the years. I personally think Parise is better, just my personal HMO.

parise has already played 2 years in the nhl and jon hasnt so in about 5-7 years we will see. parise is very good and improved a lot in his 2nd season playing with zajac and getting way more ice time but i dont see him being a star in the nhl like i do with jon. both were great with the sioux, no doubt and both will have nice nhl careers.

I said the first time I saw Toews play for the Sioux that he had a chance to be the best pro skater ever to lace them up for UND. This was after I saw him in person, where you can really appreciate how smooth he is.

To have the best pro career he has to top Belfour, which is a high hurdle.

I said the first time I saw Toews play for the Sioux that he had a chance to be the best pro skater ever to lace them up for UND. This was after I saw him in person, where you can really appreciate how smooth he is.

To have the best pro career he has to top Belfour, which is a high hurdle.

Eddie has had an outstanding career, no doubt about it. However, keep one thing in mind, he wasn't 17 years old when he came to UND. Johnny is still only 19 and look at his accomplishments to this point. I'm not taking anything away from either one, but Johnny still has his whole career ahead of him and we have yet to see him reach his full potential. I think being Chicago's marquis player right now tells you what that organization thinks of him. I see nothing but good things down the road for Johnny.