SiouxSports.com Forum

Official Fight Sioux Preseason Thread

mikeypat15

Were one month away, its time to get this started, what do we all think for the coming 2007-2008 season for the Sioux, WCHA, and College Hockey in general.

The Sioux will probably be the pre season pick to win the WCHA. I think the league as a whole is a little down this year after the Sioux and Gophers. However that is why they play the games so it should be interesting to see how it pans out. I am looking for this years team to get off to a good start. The youth card will not be used as an excuse this year. We had better get it done this year as we likely will have to deal with at least 4 early departures again next year. I think this team is hungry to be the last team standing in April!

I set this up, feel free to jump in and make some updates and create some pages.

http://wiki.siouxsports.com/doku.php/2007_..._fighting_sioux

why ;) we can get all info right here :angry: we will go undefeated, not give up a goal in the final 5 and then lose to BC in the f-4 ;) ok, i kid i kid

we will be good and oshie will win the hobey

ps..nice set up on the former players and coaches wiki, looks good!

I think it is UMD's year this year. They will win it all with McKnight getting the Hobey!

Minnesota will finsh second behind a charging UAA squad.

MTU will be fourth.

MSUM wraps up the home ice portion of the WCHA.

UW gives the WCHA its first ever winless season, prompting AIC to schedule UW next season as an exhibition "freebie"

UND loses in the first round of the WCHAs to UAA.

LSSU and Colgate for the NC!

This should be enough sandbagging to hold back any kind of flooding in 2008! :)

why ;) we can get all info right here :) we will go undefeated, not give up a goal in the final 5 and then lose to BC in the f-4 :crazy: ok, i kid i kid

we will be good and oshie will win the hobey

ps..nice set up on the former players and coaches wiki, looks good!

Once you go wiki, you never go back... :D

This year the SIOUX and Hak bring home the big prize.Little concerned about balanced scoring but with the D we have and an experienced goalie in Lammy 3 goals should get it done most nights.

My darkhorse for the Hobey is Taylor Chorney.He is the total package on the blue line.

This year the SIOUX and Hak bring home the big prize.Little concerned about balanced scoring but with the D we have and an experienced goalie in Lammy 3 goals should get it done most nights.

My darkhorse for the Hobey is Taylor Chorney.He is the total package on the blue line.

I really like that dark horse hobey pick

The boys also lost a hell of a lot of leadership with Porter and Fabian graduating and JT going to the show. Just something else to keep an eye on.

The boys also lost a hell of a lot of leadership with Porter and Fabian graduating and JT going to the show. Just something else to keep an eye on.

I think most of the juniors are more than ready to step into that role. There was an article at one point over the summer...it was either Chorney or Finley saying that part of the reason to stay was because he had a strong desire to be in a leadership position on the team. These guys have been through a lot together; As much as Porter and Fabian added, I wouldn't consider leadership a weakness area.

I think most of the juniors are more than ready to step into that role. There was an article at one point over the summer...it was either Chorney or Finley saying that part of the reason to stay was because he had a strong desire to be in a leadership position on the team. These guys have been through a lot together; As much as Porter and Fabian added, I wouldn't consider leadership a weakness area.

Even without Lee I think UND's defense has to be one of the top units in the country.

i dont know of anybody that would be better.

I think our defence is going to better without Lee IMO. It doesn't seem to matter who leaves or who comes into the schools, but it always seems like the NCAA or who ever does the poles always picks Minnesota as the best in everything at the beginning of each year for the wcha.

I think our defence is going to better without Lee IMO. It doesn't seem to matter who leaves or who comes into the schools, but it always seems like the NCAA or who ever does the poles always picks Minnesota as the best in everything at the beginning of each year for the wcha.

*places hand on forehead, and sighs* :D Here we go.