SiouxSports.com Forum

TV coverage

siouxbear1

As of now the only feed to pick up until 5:00 would be the Ferris St production. Unless Midco cable decides to air the game, that looks like the only option. I assume Woog and Mazocco will be doing the play by play for FSN, not sure what the audio would be for the Ferris St. cable production. This stinks, this has never been a problem in years past.

One of the nice things about NCAA productions which does the regional games, is that every year we don't have to listen to Frank Mazocco. Tom Ried used to get picked but never Frank. I can't see Frank Mazocco getting picked this season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Forks Heralds reports that the game will be started --in progress-- at 5pm after Nascar qualifing. So I guess that would mean the Midco would never be nice enough to give us the feed for the first hour of the game. So I guess those of us in Grand Forks will have to listen to T.Hennessy for an hour, but if Wooger and Mazocco are doing the game I may as well mute it and keep the radio on!!! I cant stand those guys... At least the Wisco guys were funny. (in a dumb sort of way :lol: )

At least the Wisco guys were funny. (in a dumb sort of way :lol: )

Yeah, I agree. I love watching PB and Sagissor on the Badger network.

Someone needs to tell Bush to put the war on hold for the Sioux game, then no one will care about the news, just Sioux hockey :D

Disclaimer: I have to utmost respect for our men and women over in Iraq, and in no way mean disrespect by the above comment....USA, USA!!

OK, I just called MidCo and they told me that the game was not being broadcast anywhere and so they won't be able to pick it up. I find that hard to believe since the Ferris station is showing it, but I decided not to get into an argument with the MidCo people. I've had trouble with my internet through them before and I can never get anywhere with their customer service. I won't be able to see the game, I've got a track meet during the day, but I wanted to tape it. If anyone gets ahold of a tape somehow or another, that would be wonderful.

That is cool, but I am not understanding why they can put it on Midcontinent in Grand Forks, but not all across the Fighting Sioux network. Unless I am reading that thing wrong, but I don't think so. Wouldn't it be just as easy to throw it out to the whole viewing area that normally gets the home games? Guess I will have to listen to the first hour on radio. At least I can see the end of it.

This sucks. The game should be shown on the Fighting Sioux Network. If they are going to show it in Grand Forks they should show it everywhere. I'm a little pissed, but if anyone can tape the Sioux victory I would be very thankful to be able to watch the first hour of the Ferris State thrashing.

IM CONFUSSSSSED... the game is joined in progress at 5 on saturday too against the gophers :D??? (if we play)

On FOXN, possibly. The championship game is not in the FOXN schedule at all right now, but Mankato-Cornell at 11AM Saturday is, as well as Maine-Michigan, scheduled on FOXN from 2:30-5:00PM.

This is what the NCAA tv schedule says on www.ncaasports.com for saturday's game

West Regional Finals, March 29, 5 p.m. Eastern time

Live Clearances

Viewing Area Network/Station Affiliate

New York Fox Sports New York

Orlando Sunshine Network

Minneapolis Victory Sports - KSTC

New England NESN

New Orleans Cox Sports Television

Portland AT&T Portland

Oklahoma Oklahoma City - Channel 3

St. Louis Charter St. Louis - Channel 21

Memphis Time Warner Memphis - Channel 6