SiouxSports.com Forum

TV coverage

siouxbear1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks as if FuX (no typo there) sports is giving priority to "NASCAR QUALIFYING" over Hockey.

Its not even a race. This sucks. I have a feeling they would get higher ratings for Fighting Sioux hockey in Grand Forks over some cars driving around in circles all by themselves. Nascar may have its moments but one would think that they could prioritize Championship hockey over nascar qualifying!!!

TV guide.com says its on Channel 51 thats Fox Sports. FX has Mash and Married with Children re-runs. Which is even more worthless than Nascar Qualifying!

Im going to play some NFL 2K2 on the sega dreamcast.... Relieve some stress!!! Im pissed

I'm working the Ferris State angle. I just called the radio home of Ferris State hockey, and spoke with the Bulldog hockey play-by-play guy. He is almost certain that Ferris Cable 7 is not producing this themselves, and are grabbing the feed from somewhere.

He told me he would ask the guy over at Cable 7 about where the feed is coming from, and would call me back tomorrow. I'll keep you informed. Bottom line, if the transmission is via satellite, we'll all need to find a sports bar with a ten-foot dish. In my neck of the woods, that'd be Joe Senser's.

When I told him that Grand Forks cable was not picking up the game, he sounded as disgusted as we all are. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the leg-work RUBE... you know anywhere in Grand Forks that has such a dish?

That probably means that Fox Sports is doing that game simply because we know that they will have a crew at the game doing the Gophers and Mercyhurst. Which means that Fox Sports really sucks!!!

My contact at Ferris called back tonight, and he was told by his connection at Ferris Cable 7 that the game is being broadcast over C-band, which is the same way that the games from the REA are transmitted. For those of us in Minneapolis/St.Paul, that means the game will be available for viewing at Joe Senser's. :lol:

Anyone want to volunteer to reserve a couple of tables? The test signals should start running about 3 pm CST, and I plan on getting there early to help the guy in the DJ booth find the feed.

I was just on the USCHO board and Siouxfan2 said that MidCo will carry the game if enough people call and request it. I don't know how true it is, but it's worth a shot...the number is (701) 746-1345, or call toll free at 1-800-456-0564. I'd say call two, three times a day from different phones, then we'd definately have enough, assuming of course that this is true.

I just called midcontenient and they asked me my address and name so I think if we get enough people to call the will air it! CaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Maybe they wanted to know your name and address so they could send someone out to "silence" you. They might be getting tired of the constant phone calls and your call pushed them over the edge. :lol:

I just called Midcontinent and the lady that answered said that NO ONE is carrying the UND game, only the Gopher game on Fox. I told her that I was told that Fox Sports (ch. 51) would be carrying the game, however it would be joined in progress at 5. She said that this was not true. Does anyone know the truth behind all of this? I'm hoping she was just an intern!

I would trust the star-tribune article. They would have the most insight into what FSN is carrying. It will be joined in progress at 5:00. The first hour of the game will be missed unless for us Mpls. people there is a feed that can be found for Senser's.

I would trust the star-tribune article. They would have the most insight into what FSN is carrying. It will be joined in progress at 5:00. The first hour of the game will be missed unless for us Mpls. people there is a feed that can be found for Senser's.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find the feed at Senser's. I hope people plan on showing up, so we can reserve the big screen in the usual spot.

As of now the only feed to pick up until 5:00 would be the Ferris St production. Unless Midco cable decides to air the game, that looks like the only option. I assume Woog and Mazocco will be doing the play by play for FSN, not sure what the audio would be for the Ferris St. cable production. This stinks, this has never been a problem in years past.