SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

BCHL

hextall and penticton is up 2-0 in the semi-finals

hextall had 2 goals in game 2 6-5 win

AJHL

macwilliam and camrose are up 2-0 in their series.

macwilliam had 1 assist in game 1 3-2 win and 1 assist in a 4-1 game 2 win

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Kozek has an NHL shot, he has not had the type of season that would warrant a big buck offer. Why spend the money on a project if you are the Thrashers? Why take small coin if you're Andrew? So, I'd guess that Andrew comes back with the knowledge that he is a free agent next year, and if he puts up big numbers, the Thrashers will need to pay top dollar to sign him, and obviously someone there is high on him to draft him with a 2nd round pick.

While Kozek has an NHL shot, he has not had the type of season that would warrant a big buck offer. Why spend the money on a project if you are the Thrashers? Why take small coin if you're Andrew? So, I'd guess that Andrew comes back with the knowledge that he is a free agent next year, and if he puts up big numbers, the Thrashers will need to pay top dollar to sign him, and obviously someone there is high on him to draft him with a 2nd round pick.

Am I the only one who noticed Kozek was much more productive when playing with Osh and Duncs. Now, before anyone says "well, anyone playing with them should put up those type of numbers," keep in mind Kaip, Frattin, Trupp, Vandy, and Miller have all shared time on that line and not produced that much offense. Just saying, maybe Kozek was the right fit with those guys, and I wish he was still playing with them.

Am I the only one who noticed Kozek was much more productive when playing with Osh and Duncs. Now, before anyone says "well, anyone playing with them should put up those type of numbers," keep in mind Kaip, Frattin, Trupp, Vandy, and Miller have all shared time on that line and not produced that much offense. Just saying, maybe Kozek was the right fit with those guys, and I wish he was still playing with them.

i loved it when he played with osh and duncs, he opened the ice up for them a bit. maybe the main reason with miller up top is to have duncan at his natural wing. i think i read that somewhere. either way i think the sioux are mor dynamic with kozek on the top line

I've been thinking the same thing the past few weeks. Kozek seemed to fit well with Oshie & Duncan, espically the Denver series in GF.

I will admit that Miller has stepped up his game lately, but I like Kozek's physical presence along with Oshie and Duncan. I think Kozek is the best fit with those two, Miller is doing ok, but seems to shy away from physical contact, and the other two seem to use their physical nature to help their game. I will again defer to Hak, but I thought that Kozek is better served playing on the 1st line, and could do the most good for the team. The question also remains, if Trupp is ready to go this weekend, who sits??

I will admit that Miller has stepped up his game lately, but I like Kozek's physical presence along with Oshie and Duncan. I think Kozek is the best fit with those two, Miller is doing ok, but seems to shy away from physical contact, and the other two seem to use their physical nature to help their game. I will again defer to Hak, but I thought that Kozek is better served playing on the 1st line, and could do the most good for the team. The question also remains, if Trupp is ready to go this weekend, who sits??

wonder if lapoint is alright after that check from behind last friday? if he is good to go i wonder if marto goes back to forward, radke out and lapoint at D. have no idea but just wondering. if trupps good to play does that put marto in the press box or radke? lapoint out and marto in at D? many scenerios if trupp can come back. i say if he does its for the frozen 4 if we are fontrunate enough to make it

I agree, if Hak thinks it's best then so be it. I just wanted to point out that Kozek was the leading goal scorer until he got put back on the third line.

I think that Hak is playing head games with some of the boys. He knows that it takes a special run to win it all, and after falling short each of the past three seasons, I think he is trying his hand at being a psychologist.

I think that without a doubt you see Andrew on that first line this weekend.

Hak wants the guys to be edgy and hungry right up until puck drop.

I think that after a tough week of practice (although probably without much contact) he is going to set it up so that the Andrew, TJ and Duncs are all busting at the seems when they see the DOK line posted to the locker room door. They will all be excited to play together, and the energy will carry over onto the ice.

Without a doubt, Hak is very aware of what line up brings the best chance to win.

Next point: Radke. Although he doesn't exactly bring the offensive firepower, he finishes his checks, and ups our physical presence. The guys feed off it too. I also would venture that he is highly respected in the locker room, and the guys get pumped up to see him dress.

We will see:

The OSH with Duncs and Kozek

Vande with Kaip and Watkins

Martens with Miller and Malone

Zajac with Radke and Frattin

Chorney and Bina

Finley and Genoway

Jones and Marto

Mark my words. Thats the lineup for the next four games barring injury or the return of Trupper

I agree, if Hak thinks it's best then so be it. I just wanted to point out that Kozek was the leading goal scorer until he got put back on the third line.

I also think that a physical forward on that line helps Duncan get free to shoot. We really haven't seen much from him since Kozek was moved. Duncs has really struggled. In the last 10 games, Ryan has scored only 1 goal and added 3 assists. We definitely need him to step up if we want to return to the FF.

I thought I might be able to come into a thread with this title and figure out which recruits are still playing and how all of them are doing statistically.

Silly me. :silly:

Who are these Kozek, Duncan, and Oshie recruits, and what year are they planning on joining the Sioux? They all sound like highly-coveted recruits...I hope they pan out in the collegiate ranks. Nice job Hakstol! :D

From what I hear about Oshie, he really dominated in MNHS, but probably won't do much his freshman year. You just can't expect much from that young of a player. He should probably play a year in juniors first. Duncan will probably be a role player his four years with the Sioux...won't win any individual awards, but will make the team better while playing on the 3rd/4th lines. From what I've heard about Kozek, he's big, mean, but has a horrible shot. Hakstol will need to mold him into a player. But that info is 5th hand, so it might not be accurate.

I thought I might be able to come into a thread with this title and figure out which recruits are still playing and how all of them are doing statistically.

:D

i dont think the ushl playoffs have started but heres the other guys still playing

BCHL

AJHL

Who are these Kozek, Duncan, and Oshie recruits, and what year are they planning on joining the Sioux? They all sound like highly-coveted recruits...I hope they pan out in the collegiate ranks. Nice job Hakstol! :)

From what I hear about Oshie, he really dominated in MNHS, but probably won't do much his freshman year. You just can't expect much from that young of a player. He should probably play a year in juniors first. Duncan will probably be a role player his four years with the Sioux...won't win any individual awards, but will make the team better while playing on the 3rd/4th lines. From what I've heard about Kozek, he's big, mean, but has a horrible shot. Hakstol will need to mold him into a player. But that info is 5th hand, so it might not be accurate.

:silly::D

Close, but no cigar.

The Tale of the Tape: Brett Hextall

Current Team: Penticton Vees

Committed To: North Dakota

Committed For: 2008-09

Jersey Number: 26

Position: F

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 180 lbs

Hometown: Manhattan Beach, CA

Shoots: Right

Date of Birth: April 2, 1988 (19 years)

stats on the year:

54gp 24g 48a 72pts: 1.3p/g 11ppg 1shg 5gwg 52pim's

**currently in the playoffs, Brett has 10 pts in 9 games with 8 goals and 2 assists. His team leads 2-0 in current series.

:silly:

i dont think the ushl playoffs have started but heres the other guys still playing

BCHL

AJHL

gregoire is tied for 3rd in ushl scoring with 62 points and gregoire leads the 3 stars standings with 57 total stars on the season

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro/starl...p;seasonid=2212

mario lamoureux is tied for 14th in the stars standings

mike cichy has moved up to 24th with 42 points on the season so far

Radke makes that 4th line go!!!!! Keep him in the lineup!!!!!

Radke has not been taking the dumb penalties and deserves to be in the line up. This is not a real physical Sioux team and he brings that element. I think Marto should be the 6th d but that is just me.

We were thinking the same thing last weekend in St Paul.

Playing on the top line gives Kozek more of a chance to unleash that heavy shot. He has more space as teams focus on Osh and Dunc. Miller does not really command any attention. He has not proven he can score goals and is not able to make teams pay like kozek can.

Does anyone know why Gregoire missed Saturday's game last weekend? I am pretty sure he was in the lineup on Friday, Saturday he was missing from the lineup. I hope its not another injury.

Gregoire did play Friday night and took part in the shootout vs. Tri City. He was out for pregame warmup on Saturday night, but didn't return after warmups and was not in the lineup for the Sioux Falls game.

From the USHL Blueline Blog:

Gregoire health watch

I know plenty of folks were waiting anxiously on an update of Jason Gregoire