SiouxSports.com Forum

Who will be with Oshie and Duncan?

Sioux

This year's top line.  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will replace Toews? could it be a freshman??

• Forney-finally will be healthy and has incredible upside.
    • Frattin-a natural goal scorer, who has picked up a lot of hype as of late
    • Kozek-has shown stints of greatness, and he could score a ton if he can manage to control his wicked wrister
    • Miller-smart player who has shown he can score as well
    • Trupp-one of the BCHL's top playmakers the last 2 years.
    • Somebody else

my vote is for kozek. i think he brings a lot to the table. if he can find the back of the net more cosistantly... thats the question. i think the freshmen listed would be great on the 2nd line together with VV, perhaps.

I'll bet my life it will be either Trupp or Frattin. Kozek will stick to his checking line role, even if he stars out with Oshie and Duncan he will not end up remaining with that line. Oshie and Duncan should dominate with Trupp on their line, he is a highly skilled forward who has good vision and is a very impressive skater, he should be ablel to keep up with those two guys. I would have to see Frattin live to see where he stands, I know he can score and has a wicked shot, I just need to seem his on ice presence and vison as well as skating, none the less he is going to be a pretty good player this year for the sioux, I'd say 10-15 goals in that kid.

Doesn't seem like a valid poll without VV on there. He is probably one of the most likely to have that spot.

Agreed...most early speculation had VV on this line and he's not even in the poll.

Does this poll assume too much? Who says that O & D will even be on the same line? Hak tried to split them up last year and it didn't work out very well. But this year just might be different......

Doesn't seem like a valid poll without VV on there. He is probably one of the most likely to have that spot.

are you kidding me? i dont think VV will be on the 2nd line, let alone the first. hes not a scorer. it doesnt seem like a poll when the 16th leading scorer is not on the poll? dont get me wrong, i think he is awesome, but hes not a top liner.

and yes, forney was below him, but he was injured.

I think it depends. Ha ha, lovely answer, right?

If Hak wants Oshie to play Center, VV won't be on the first line. If Hak wants Oshie to remain as a winger, then VV for sure will center the first line.

The more I think of it, the more faceoff reliability we will need top to bottom, so that would put Oshie at Center on the first line and VV centering the second line.

I think it depends. Ha ha, lovely answer, right?

If Hak wants Oshie to play Center, VV won't be on the first line. If Hak wants Oshie to remain as a winger, then VV for sure will center the first line.

The more I think of it, the more faceoff reliability we will need top to bottom, so that would put Oshie at Center on the first line and VV centering the second line.

for sure? whats the basis for that? the first line is a scoring line. VV's size is an asset to the 3rd line imo. im surprised so many think VV is a candidate.

I chose Trupp...I love the Idea of a freshman being on the #1 line...I love the way he incorporates a few freshmen each year into important roles...

It reminds me of my High School soccer years...We always had a decent freshman as a Asst Capt on the Varsity team...It always groomed him to be the True leader in 4 years...I enjoy the way "Hak" does this with his guys too, even tough it doesn't always pan out the same...

By the way, how many days???

he is..."somebody else" :D . VV is not a scorer! i think i might explode.

i know hes somebody else, just think he would get many votes himself if he was in the poll, he could center that line, who knows.i know he would beat miller, kozek or forney in the poll :lol: .......cant wait to see though!!

In another thread I had Malone penciled into that spot,i must be the only one who thinks a big power foward would free up Oshie and Duncan to wheel and deal in the zone.

I thought VV was a power forward as well? He's certainly got the size for it.

And Sioux- Who says everyone on the line has to be a scorer? What about a guy who can win faceoffs and get the puck to the scorers?

I guess I see a balanced line as being a high scoring line. Stevie Y wasn't always the top scoring player on his line, but he was always near the top in assists. He could set em up almost as good as he can score. Oshie has that ability. I think VV may not have as much offensive upside as Oshie, but he can set em up pretty good himself. Don't sell VV short.

Watch the video of the Final 5 game against St. Cloud. It was VV's best game, and showed what he's capable of.

I agree, however, that faceoff depth is very important...lest we forget the Mankato :50 comeback at the Ralph awhile back. Put VV on the second line with Watkins and Trupp (or Miller). Try out Frattin on the top line.

Watch the video of the Final 5 game against St. Cloud. It was VV's best game, and showed what he's capable of.

I agree, however, that faceoff depth is very important...lest we forget the Mankato :50 comeback at the Ralph awhile back. Put VV on the second line with Watkins and Trupp (or Miller). Try out Frattin on the top line.

now if he can put 35 more of those games together this season we may have something good in the making!! i think VV has a nice breakout season as well as forney, i look for frattin to be a player that battles for wcha rookie of the year and lapoint to be on the powerplay a bit..

I thought VV was a power forward as well? He's certainly got the size for it.

And Sioux- Who says everyone on the line has to be a scorer? What about a guy who can win faceoffs and get the puck to the scorers?

I guess I see a balanced line as being a high scoring line. Stevie Y wasn't always the top scoring player on his line, but he was always near the top in assists. He could set em up almost as good as he can score. Oshie has that ability. I think VV may not have as much offensive upside as Oshie, but he can set em up pretty good himself. Don't sell VV short.

im not saying VV is worse than any of the players i put on the poll, but i think that oshie is the faceoff man and set up guy too. i really think he would be awesome bringing that faceoff ability to the 2nd or 3rd line. it would be best imo to even out the faceoff guys throughout. also, i feel that oshie is going to center the top line.

You can't replace a talent like Toews but you have to try to find a player that will still fit the mold on that line. Despite being good fowards, VV and Malone don't play a similar style to Toews. From what I've heard, I believe they are looking at putting either Frattin or Trupp on that line.

You can't replace a talent like Toews but you have to try to find a player that will still fit the mold on that line. Despite being good fowards, VV and Malone don't play a similar style to Toews. From what I've heard, I believe they are looking at putting either Frattin or Trupp on that line.

frattin or trupp would be nice to see, heck we may see both in te first month to see who gels the best...i forget sometimes about trupp, very excited to see his and frattins offensive skills!!