SiouxSports.com Forum

Who will be with Oshie and Duncan?

Sioux

This year's top line.  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will replace Toews? could it be a freshman??

• Forney-finally will be healthy and has incredible upside.
    • Frattin-a natural goal scorer, who has picked up a lot of hype as of late
    • Kozek-has shown stints of greatness, and he could score a ton if he can manage to control his wicked wrister
    • Miller-smart player who has shown he can score as well
    • Trupp-one of the BCHL's top playmakers the last 2 years.
    • Somebody else

now if he can put 35 more of those games together this season we may have something good in the making!! i think VV has a nice breakout season as well as forney, i look for frattin to be a player that battles for wcha rookie of the year and lapoint to be on the powerplay a bit..

I like the way you think, must be because your from Bemidji. :D I am thinking there is a reason that Hak has Frattin coming in this season.

I also think Trupp is going to be one of the prolific players of the year also...

I know DOT was a scoring machine, but what about the defensive play of these new guys? Toews was a real presence defensively (and Oshie and Duncan were strong too), and I think that was part of what allowed them to wreak so much havoc in the O zone. Seems strange to say their defensive play contributed to their strong offensive play, but I think it is true. It's also one of Hak's mantras.

I know DOT was a scoring machine, but what about the defensive play of these new guys? Toews was a real presence defensively (and Oshie and Duncan were strong too), and I think that was part of what allowed them to wreak so much havoc in the O zone. Seems strange to say their defensive play contributed to their strong offensive play, but I think it is true. It's also one of Hak's mantras.

Pretty hard for the other team to score when they're playing two feet in front of their goalie. Who do you think they are, Robbie Bina?

Pretty hard for the other team to score when they're playing two feet in front of their goalie. Who do you think they are, Robbie Bina?

I was thinking Finley should be on that line. The "T" would stand for "Tree."

But I see your point--the defensive offensive play is kind of a chicken-or-the-egg thing. But Toews was probably the best defensive high-scoring forward the Sioux have had since God. Whether any of the new recruits are up to Hak's standards for two-way play I haven't a clue. But it matters, at least to Hak.

But I see your point--the defensive offensive play is kind of a chicken-or-the-egg thing. But Toews was probably the best defensive high-scoring forward the Sioux have had since God. Whether any of the new recruits are up to Hak's standards for two-way play I haven't a clue. But it matters, at least to Hak.

I should have made it clearer that I agree with what you said but I had to make the joke. The DOT line's skill and speed gave them the ability to control the puck in the defensive end as well. In fact they were all fine penalty killers.

i think that travis zajac was perhaps a better defensive player than toews. he also scored a few. close call though.

Naw, you were clear enough. I'm just slow.

Toews was also freakishly good at maintaining possession along the boards and on the cycle, partly due to his reach and strength. Puck control was what made that line so scary. How many times did D score from that kill-spot of his on feeds from T after T had played keep-away, often along the boards?

But as a previous poster said, we don't have another Toews. If Hak keeps O and D together, it will take a while to develop into the killing machine DOT was last year. Because D and O are such great team players, you have to think they will eventually find a rythm with whoever Hak puts with them. We were so spoiled by what we had the last half of last year in that line, and our expectations are so high this year that we will probably be forced to exercise a little extra patience before the holidays.

Naw, you were clear enough. I'm just slow.

Toews was also freakishly good at maintaining possession along the boards and on the cycle, partly due to his reach and strength. Puck control was what made that line so scary. How many times did D score from that kill-spot of his on feeds from T after T had played keep-away, often along the boards?

But as a previous poster said, we don't have another Toews. If Hak keeps O and D together, it will take a while to develop into the killing machine DOT was last year. Because D and O are such great team players, you have to think they will eventually find a rythm with whoever Hak puts with them. We were so spoiled by what we had the last half of last year in that line, and our expectations are so high this year that we will probably be forced to exercise a little extra patience before the holidays.

I think that line is going to be as good as it was last year for the simple reason that Oshie and Duncan are both one year older. Hak will put a good player with them and that will make it work.

I'm expecting that a lot of players get a tryout playing with those guys.

From what I understand, when the coaching staff is recruiting fowards, one of the biggest on ice aspects they look for is a two-way foward.

From what I understand, when the coaching staff is recruiting fowards, one of the biggest on ice aspects they look for is a two-way foward.

i would hope so....parise,zajac,toews,oshie just to name a few recent ones