SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day Finally Here

4siouxnow

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the game they played last year against GVSU. It was an ugly game and neither team looked like they deserved to be there.

And while we are on this subject lets keep in mind last year was last year. The bison havent even played a game yet and yet their fans are still talking about how they would beat the sioux. At least the sioux can somewhat scale how good the team is because we have at least played a game. Get a life bison fans and quit holding on to the reality that the sioux beat you guys if im correct the last 4 years of our rivalry.

Well I'm not daddy so I don't care who started it, my point was how can you compare two teams you haven't seen play?

And my point, once again, is how can you compare two teams who aren't playing the same competition, even if you have seen both play?

And my point, once again, is how can you compare two teams who aren't playing the same competition, even if you have seen both play?

I'm not saying that they are comparable even if you have seen them play, at least that way you would have some frame of reference. Some Sioux fans (and Bison fans) haven't even seen the other squad play since 2003, which makes them totally unqualified to be making a comment about who would beat who.

We won't have to close the thread if you all can stop the UND vs. NDSU smack now.

Some people may still want to talk about the Sioux football game vs Humboldt St., and I'd like to leave the thread open for that. Bison fans who want to discuss the game are welcome, but those who are just searching for things to smack about a team they don't like ought to go to one of the other boards where that's more appreciated.

Also another one of the main reasons UNI didn't make the playoffs last year was their loss to UND put them on the bubble to make the playoffs. After watching our offense last night NDSU is lucky they were "

afraid" to play us this year. They would of had a heck of a time trying to stop us.

Let's not take too much from the game last night. Yes, if Freund is for real and can perform in adverse situations, I believe the Sioux would give the Bison a run because I believe their skilled players are as good, if not better than those on the Bison. However, in the trenches, I believe the Bison would have the advantage, especially in depth. Let's remember that the skilled players on Humbolt State didn't even have a chance because their lines couldn't match up. I'm not saying the Sioux lines would be at a major disadvantage, just that they might not have the depth on the defensive line to rotate like they usually do against a very good offensive line. Were the Sioux afraid to play the Bison a few years back? No. So don't be making the same lame argument that some Bison fans were making back then.

I could feel that hit up in the stands. Credit to #72...he got up.

:D

I hate to say hit of the year so early, but man ive never seen a guy as big as that 72 get hit that hard in person.And yet Stroup was still standing after that. I hope there's plenty more where that came from.

What does that say about UND fans at our message boards?

Thats completely different. They are simply attempting to emulate Mother Theresa and educate/help the less fortunate. :D

The thing that had to be the most disheartening to #72 was that camouflage bandanna didn't help him at all. Bobby still saw him and knocked him into next week. I'd demand a refund if I was him.

I did not say the Sioux would beat the Bison. I said the Bison would have their hands full with our offense. If the two teams played the outcome would be very interesting. The Bison would probably have the edge for overall team strength.(I think) Could the Sioux win. Absolutely. The only way we will know for sure is if they play, and right now the Bison will not play us. NDSU always says "bring on the competition". Ndsu's slogan should be "bring on the competition sometimes". The bottom line is .... last year and this year the game would of have been spectacular. The Bison fans should stay on their board and keep their propaganda where it belongs.

I did not say the Sioux would beat the Bison. I said the Bison would have their hands full with our offense. If the two teams played the outcome would be very interesting. The Bison would probably have the edge for overall team strength.(I think) Could the Sioux win. Absolutely. The only way we will know for sure is if they play, and right now the Bison will not play us. NDSU always says "bring on the competition". Ndsu's slogan should be "bring on the competition sometimes". The bottom line is .... last year and this year the game would of have been spectacular. The Bison fans should stay on their board and keep their propaganda where it belongs.

So is NDSU supposed to play UND whenver it is right for UND? I remember Gene Taylor sending RT a perfectly fine 4 year contract that would have given UND two home games. Now NDSU has other contracts to fill, a different idea of just who they want to play(no D2s), and other schools wanting to play us as well.

I have no real offical rules to base this on, and there is a very good chance that I made the whole thing up in my head, but I always thought that you couldn't play two guys with the same number.

Gudmudson and Ankenbauer both played last night with the number 14. That threw me off a little bit.

This morning when my coworkers asked about the game, I had to mention Stroup's block. I just pictured stars and birdies flying around poor #72's head. Other happy highlight of my night was when Hellevang was able to kick a touchback from the 15 yard line.

I have no real offical rules to base this on, and there is a very good chance that I made the whole thing up in my head, but I always thought that you couldn't play two guys with the same number.

Gudmudson and Ankenbauer both played last night with the number 14. That threw me off a little bit.

It's been common for UND to double up numbers when we run over 99, uncommon for both to play. But what the actual rule forbids is:

2007 Football Rules p.FR-30, Section 4

c. No two players of the same team shall participate in the same down

wearing identical numbers (A.R. 1-4-2-II) [s23].

If caught, it's a five yard penalty.

So is NDSU supposed to play UND whenver it is right for UND? I remember Gene Taylor sending RT a perfectly fine 4 year contract that would have given UND two home games. Now NDSU has other contracts to fill, a different idea of just who they want to play(no D2s), and other schools wanting to play us as well.

I agree totally. The problem I have was with the idiots that were harping on UND when it would hurt their standing for the DII playoffs. Remember the idiot legislator from Fargo that wanted the state to force them to play? You don't hear much from him now. I will say if the Bison don't want to play the Sioux after it wouldn't hurt their standing, that would show something of a vindictive nature, because no matter what NDSU says about SDSU being a great rival, they actually don't have one, and the Sioux don't either, except for in hockey.

wow bison fans never cease to amaze me. Its not like the bison are playing the greatest team their first game either. Its the first game. Nobody picks a hard team the first game. anybody with half a brain knows that. And sorry for cheering on our team and giving them recognition for a win. How much publicity is their going to be in fargo after they thump SUU? Because according to you their should be none I guess. And while we are on the subject of finding better talent to play in our transition why not talk about last year when we played Northern Iowa? or i suppose they were worse than Humbolt? Glad the Bison finally found a confrence. what'd that take us a couple months? its fans like d-bag in fargo the bison can have.

I'm not coming on here to lay any smack but while Stephan F. Austin may not be the "greatest team" they are a pretty good team. I would say that allthough they may not have as good of an offense as UND, they may have a slightly better defense. And that's a complement to the them because that is UND's bread and butter. We in no way will beat them 59-0! Probably 30-10.