SiouxSports.com Forum

Potshots at Grand Forks

GeauxSioux

Why is that Fargo people take potshots at GF? The city has made incredible strides since 1997 and still you see this kind of mentality. :silly:

Skyscraper Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albertaboy View Post

"Honestly, I'm still wondering why Grand Forks doesn't have any info on here about developments in their city."

Probably because Grand Forks is a shithole.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that Fargo people take potshots at GF? The city has made incredible strides since 1997 and still you see this kind of mentality. :silly:

Skyscraper Forum

Oh honestly! I'm from Fargo, and I can't stand most people there! Everyone thinks they're better than everyone else! And they wonder why I call GF home! The people here are so much nicer and friendlier, not the stuck-up Fargo bunch! Although people here (well, Fargo too I suppose) could use a driving lesson or 10 :silly:

I really find it funny that the cities take potshots at each other. Both cities are so similar. Fargo has some more to offer, just because it is bigger. Really both communities have it very good. I mean just compare them to just about any city in South Carolina. The community of Grand Forks should take a back seat to nobody after what that city persevered through in 1997. It was at that same time that the people of Fargo did so much to help. I'm not too concerned about what some idiot says.

Grew up in Fargo, and spent seven years in GF going to UND for two degrees. The only difference between the two cities is their population size. Moreover, both have much more going for them than comparable cities in the south and northeast.

Fargo has the regional television and other media outlets and a very high level of shall we politely say "assuredness of itself" (to a fault in my opinion) that it will repeat to anyone anywhere. Given that, the pattern flows forth both positively, and unfortunately unnecessarily negatively (for some believe they can build themselves up by tearing others down). The reality that some choose this tact to tear down Grand Forks actually reflects worse upon themselves and their city.

Grand Forks is a humble (and overquiet about itself to a fault) and hidden gem on the northern frontier. The point "ScottM" raises about comparable cities in the south or northeast is dead on.

my opinion and ONLY an opinion, is that both towns are shitholes and both have nothing to do but maybe bowl, drink, or...drink i guess.

oh but i gotta side with GF for housing the mighty hockey team. that makes my life much more enjoyable when im up there.

On that we agree :silly:

I just put Olive Garden cause the women in my life really like it & I can always find something worth eating there

Famous Daves is wonderful (everything) but especially the Beef Brisket :silly:

& I could eat Knoephla at Krolls everyday ;)

I also grew up going to Fargo and attended UND for 5 years getting 2 degrees. My parents go to GF to eat as often as possible due to the diversity (read non-chain establishments) and character (Blue Moose, Toasted Frog & Sanders, for example). Anyone bagging on GF owes it to themselves to take in a football/hockey game, get downtown for some dinner and hop around to some of the unique places GF has. Also, the fact that you don't have to slow down driving on the interstate through GF is a convenience not to be overlooked as Fargo has entered road construction season.

I've lived in Minot my whole life and it was always a fun time going to Grand Forks. As for Fargo...there's really nothing their that my family and I would go to visit. Well except when UND football team would play the Bison. Other than that though Fargo isn't anything special other than being the biggest city and having a movie named after it :silly:

Am I the only person who doesn't like Famous Dave's? I've been there twice and color me not impressed. It just isn't that good to me. Texas Roadhouse on the other hand is abso-freakin-lutely awesome.

Dave's or Roadhouse: Grand Forks got the better with Texas Roadhouse.