SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee Watch

Sioux-cia

I agree with you there. And he would be a great asset to the 2007-2008 quest for #8.

I agree I think it would be nice to get number 8. The money is pretty much going to be there regardless being he is a first round draft choice...

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money is pretty much going to be there regardless being he is a first round draft choice...

Unless a major injury happens during another year at UND, then it's gone...

I'm all in favor of these kids staying in school, but this isn't exactly a news flash today. I remember when Jason Herter took Vancouver's gigantic signing bonus and I saw him the very next day. Those were his thoughts as well. He was a major injury away from never playing hockey again, but if he signed that day, it was plenty of cash in his pocket. It's hard to say 'no' and I respect the Greg Johnsons and TJ Oshies of the world who can resist the greenbacks.

Unfortunately, just because Lee isn't NHL ready doesn't mean he won't make the jump. If Ottawa isn't happy with his development at the college level, they could persuade him to sign and play in the AHL. Just because Lee was a 1st round pick DOES NOT mean the 'money' will be there contrary to what some believe on this forum.

Unfortunately, just because Lee isn't NHL ready doesn't mean he won't make the jump. If Ottawa isn't happy with his development at the college level, they could persuade him to sign and play in the AHL. Just because Lee was a 1st round pick DOES NOT mean the 'money' will be there contrary to what some believe on this forum.

I think what many fans are saying or thinking is that brian wont want to play in the AHL so if thats his choice than maybe he would rather come back to UND for 1 more year and improve, i har ya though if ottawa believes that he will improve more in the AHL, ottawa will let him know whats up then its in his court on what to do...maybe him and ben blood will be a D pairing in 4 years in ottawa!!

When I said the money will be there....I didn't necessarily mean big money, I meant any sort of money, which is more than what he makes now.

Lee will get a big contract. He doesn't get to cash in on it unless he can make the NHL. A brutal consequence of the new CBA.

The big money is only available to guys who play in the NHL. Of course AHL money is probably better than what UND is paying him.

did brian lee start working out with barry bonds :) NEVERMIND, the phot is from last year, it was the angle :p

2lead390.jpg

http://www2.ottawasenators.com/eng/SensIns...0627Feature.cfm

looks like ben blood is in camp as well so will be nice to get a report on him, also where is blood going to be playing this year??

http://www2.ottawasenators.com/eng/news/re...newsItemID=2716

did brian lee start working out with barry bonds :) NEVERMIND, the phot is from last year, it was the angle :p

2lead390.jpg

http://www2.ottawasenators.com/eng/SensIns...0627Feature.cfm

looks like ben blood is in camp as well so will be nice to get a report on him, also where is blood going to be playing this year??

http://www2.ottawasenators.com/eng/news/re...newsItemID=2716

Des Moines of the USHL. Also, it seems like the coaches feel that Frattin will make a more immediate impact than Hextall.

Well, you play with the team you have, and we are loaded next season. Best of luck to Brian Lee, I'm just sorry he had to put up with so many a$$h01es at UND. If there is a silver lining, I think that we may get out of that nasty cycle of having 4 freshman defensmen every 3 or 4 years. Still getting Chorney, Finley, Oshie, and Duncan back leaves us primed, especially when we lose just a couple of seniors and bring in a great freshman class.

I was just looking on Ottawa's website and i am not seeing anything in their top stories that says there is going to be a signing. Lets hope it is just rumor.

It is beyond rumor, if Garrioch says he is already signed. It will appear on the Senators' site after today's formal announcement to the media.

It is beyond rumor, if Garrioch says he is already signed. It will appear on the Senators' site after today's formal announcement to the media.

I'm waiting for Diggler to confirm it. Then it will be official. :)

If you want to look at the bright side of this or the silver lining if there is one. UND isn't the only one to lose a player. Michigan State loses a pretty good player in Jim McKenzie, F, Jr who was 5th in scoring for the MSU Spartans.

Hopefully there will not be any more player loses this summer.

I'm waiting for Diggler to confirm it. Then it will be official. :)

I just got off the phone with Bryan Murray and he informed me that the Ottawa Senators have indeed signed Brian Lee. It will be announced at around 1 PM EST today.