SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee Watch

Sioux-cia

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time people start rooting for Lee instead of against him...

Lee WILL FOR SURE be an impact player his junior year. He'd be stupid to leave just to go play minors right now.

i have no problem with fans getting on players at all. its part of the game. there is a line probably though. the AHL is a huge step from college and if thats better for his development and thats what ottawa wants then its not a bad choice at all. it may be a little while now before we find out.

i have no problem with fans getting on players at all. its part of the game. there is a line probably though. the AHL is a huge step from college and if thats better for his development and thats what ottawa wants then its not a bad choice at all. it may be a little while now before we find out.

I haven't been the nicest of Lee fans throughout his time at UND, however there are definitely people that cross the line, and it bothers me. I do, however, agree with criticism being ok, just not overboard like some.

I haven't been the nicest of Lee fans throughout his time at UND, however there are definitely people that cross the line, and it bothers me. I do, however, agree with criticism being ok, just not overboard like some.

I don't think what people say on a message board or in the stand or around town really affects his decision either way.

It is going to be a lot worse when he starts getting paid. Especially in Canada if he eve makes the NHL.

Lee WILL FOR SURE be an impact player his junior year. He'd be stupid to leave just to go play minors right now.

I hope your right - we will see.................& ride him like a mule until it happens :lol:....(I seriously want him to be all he can be) :D

I personally think that Lee wants to leave and Ottawa wants him to leave, but based on his progression or lack thereof they will not give him the kind of money a 7th overall pick gets. They are trying sign him for little or nothing. If he ever wants to play in the pros he'll take what ever money they offer him. I predict he'll leave. :lol:

I don't think what people say on a message board or in the stand or around town really affects his decision either way.

It is going to be a lot worse when he starts getting paid. Especially in Canada if he eve makes the NHL.

I don't think it makes much of a difference either in his decision...but it would surprise me if either he himself or friends/family members do read it, and for someone to be a part of the Sioux family and to hear some things said, it bothers me. For most people to applaud Scott Foyt for his hard work ethic and willingness to make the team better through practices moreso than games, but to hear bad things about someone who is on the ice AND helps the team through practice as well can be a little much. Lee does things for the team that others can't, even if he hasn't performed as well as you would think a number 1 pick would.

The local sports media have opined that three key issues lead to the firing of Muckler as follows:

1. His #1 goaltender acquisitions and failures: Gerber and Hasek

2. The Arnason trade (which sent Bochenski to Chicago)

3. His draft selections

• 2 weeks later...

It's all or nothing for Lee

By the end of this development camp, defenceman Brian Lee, now 20, will have a good idea of how close he is to winning a spot in the Ottawa Senators' lineup.

That, in large part, will determine whether he signs a contract with the team or returns to the University of North Dakota for a third season.

He's not going to leave university to spend a year with the American Hockey League Binghamton Senators. Maybe a brief tour, but not a full year. That much was unspoken, but clear yesterday, despite some deft stickhandling around the topic.

Come on back for one more year, Brian. :)

I think so too.

he is not ready to be a full time NHLer, so i assume he will come back unless he has a change of mind when the tell him he probably will start in the AHL and see what happens. i hope he comes back, we will be DEEP and very experienced without him but just that much more with him for a run at #8!!

STRANGE BEDFELLOWS: Last season in NCAA action, Lee, from the University of North Dakota, often found himself checking University of Minnesota centre Jim O'Brien, Ottawa's first choice at last week's draft.

The teams traded wins and losses during the season, but North Dakota eventually got the most important win, beating Minnesota in the regionals to advance to the Frozen Four (where they lost to Boston College in the semifinals).

Since when is going 3-1 against a team trading wins. :)

I agree AZ_Sioux, Lee is no where near ready to play in the NHL. The old addage, pee or get off the pot...

well, its good that hes going to the camp again and see where he stands in line with the ottawa suits, all players need to do this. he could go in and play in the AHL if thats what he chooses as many players do that, smaby, greene, jones to name a few d men that really upped their stock after their junior seasons. he is a totaly different type of d men though compared to those so who the hell knows and he has only played 2 years compared to those guys playing. i guess we will find out in the next 2 weeks on what ottawa wants him to do, our roster is looking damn good and will only be better if he returns. and i would think the only factor of him returning or not on our lineup would be having genoway at D or forward so its not like we have a D man recruit in limbo based on lees decision so whenever he decides he decides....