SiouxSports.com Forum

If Toews does come back....

icecleanerguy

If Toews does come back and UND has a huge target on their chest, and have to be favored to win it all, and they dont win it all with all that talent. What do we do then. Dont know if I can take it anymore, so close and not winning a title year after year. Its not very fun to see the team come back and greet them at the arena after each lose and see all thier faces.

who gives a ratz azz about a target on our back, it will be a friken miracle if he comes back and will love every minute of it if so...stay tuned.... :ohmy:

i will take back to back to back to back frozen 4's anyday and next year will be #8..........there are many teams that wish they could just win a damn ncaa game ;)

If Toews does come back and UND has a huge target on their chest, and have to be favored to win it all, and they dont win it all with all that talent. What do we do then. Dont know if I can take it anymore, so close and not winning a title year after year. Its not very fun to see the team come back and greet them at the arena after each lose and see all thier faces.

Was there a question or comment in there somewhere?

UND has a target on their back EVERY year? Gain 5 bluechip recruits... target. Lose 5 to the NHL... target.

Facts are facts. Players (and coaches) win championships. The more championship caliber players on your team, the better chance of reaching a championship. More is better. Less is worse. The target for UND remains the same. So... would you rather have more or less and still have the target?

More Keystone Lite coming right up. I learned along time ago that nothing is a sure thing.

Except that I am pretty sure that my golf game sucks. ;):ohmy:

Think of it this way...every year we DON'T get number eight, it means we're one year closer to having it happen, whenever it may be. :ohmy:

And don't worry, I heard from a reliable source (my friend's, uncle's, cousin's, great-grandma...who went to a Sioux game once) that JT is coming back. So don't worry.

Think of it this way...every year we DON'T get number eight, it means we're one year closer to having it happen, whenever it may be. :ohmy:

And don't worry, I heard from a reliable source (my friend's, uncle's, cousin's, great-grandma...who went to a Sioux game once) that JT is coming back. So don't worry.

So glad to hear that, that makes me 100% faithful that JT is comming back.....

The kid's too damn good to come back!!

*sobbing uncontrollably*

breathe, just breathe. In and out, In and out. One day at a time and we will survive no matter what decision he makes. And as others have said, no matter what UND will have a target, the guys are probably used to that.

More Keystone Lite coming right up. I learned along time ago that nothing is a sure thing.

its cominng....just got paid today and they are going done rahter nicely id say.....6 down since 515

The more championship caliber players on your team, the better chance of reaching a championship. More is better. Less is worse.

Not necessarily. Most people would say the Sioux had a stronger group of players in '98 and '99, yet never reached the championship game. They did reach it in 2000 and 2001. Yes, you need talent, but you also need players to accept their roles and plain and simple, play the best hockey of the year at tournament time, and puck luck is needed as well. Our top players in 2000, IMO, were Bayda, Commodore, Goehring, Goren, Lundbohm, Panzer, and Roche. Ulmer stepped it up in the tournament. Of those, Commodore is the only one who has played consistently in the NHL. Everyone on those two teams accepted their roles, regardless of what it was. We've had a lot of championship caliber players since 2000, but have not yet been able to capture another championship for whatever reason.

We should play golf sometime, Goon.

I'll make you feel better about your golf game. ;)

I'm lucky if I can hit the ball with an iron. If my tee shot goes straight and not so far right it's either off the course or interfering with the next hole over it's a bloody miracle.

We should play golf sometime, Goon.

I'll make you feel better about your golf game. :ohmy:

I'm lucky if I can hit the ball with an iron. If my tee shot goes straight and not so far right it's either off the course or interfering with the next hole over it's a bloody miracle.

No really I am that bad. ;) I would probably make your realize that your not as bad as you think.

Wow if the three of us played 18 we could prop up the golf ball manufacturing industry... :D

Have any of you three broken off the head of your driver on the actual swing...only to have the head of the club go farther than the ball? Done that.

The only thing I HAVEN'T done on the golf course yet is hit another player. I've gotten close and that poor guy was on the #6 fairway and I was on #5 tee! ;)

Have any of you three broken off the head of your driver on the actual swing...only to have the head of the club go farther than the ball? Done that.

That's happened to me, kinda freaks you out. The other problem was my eye followed the club head and I had a heck of a hard time finding the ball.

That's happened to me, kinda freaks you out. The other problem was my eye followed the club head and I had a heck of a hard time finding the ball.

I did it to a name brand (Nike) driver. Unfortunately, that was the end of my namebrand days. Knock off city for me.

Name-brand golf clubs are almost always warrantied...usually for 5 years. Those warranties cover shaft breaks at both the hosel (where the head meets the shaft) and under the grip. So if you break a nice driver you'll get it fixed for free, or just get a brand new one. Not to mention that name-brand clubs are definitely well worth your money if you golf even more than just a little. If you go get custom-fit (which is free) you can significantly improve your game. I know the Golf Center in the mall in Grand Forks can really help you out...you may even see a hockey player (past or present) there pretty commonly.

:D No, but if I saw someone else do it I would LMAO... :lol:

I was playing in a trade association scramble with rented golf clubs down in Ft. Lauderdale and the first time I used my 3 iron the head came flying off. I'm not sure if the ball or the club head went further. Needless to say, I had a nice write-up in the next association newsletter.

:D No, but if I saw someone else do it I would LMAO... :lol:

I laughed my ass off! :D

The person I was golfing with was momentarily shocked.

The case of my Nike driver is an odd one because I didn't buy it from a golf retailer. For some reason Sam's Club had Nike drivers and I bought one. For all I know it wasn't a "real" Nike driver. It just had the swoosh on it and said "Nike" on the grip.

I laughed my ass off! ;)

The person I was golfing with was momentarily shocked.

The case of my Nike driver is an odd one because I didn't buy it from a golf retailer. For some reason Sam's Club had Nike drivers and I bought one. For all I know it wasn't a "real" Nike driver. It just had the swoosh on it and said "Nike" on the grip.

Or you could just have a messed up swinging. My golfing buddy in GF broke all but 3 of his clubs because of a messed up swing. It was pretty amusing watching him try to chip a 50 foot shot with an 8 iron. I could have lent him my PW, but he probably would have broken it!!! :D