SiouxSports.com Forum

If Toews does come back....

icecleanerguy

Have any of you three broken off the head of your driver on the actual swing...only to have the head of the club go farther than the ball? Done that.

The only thing I HAVEN'T done on the golf course yet is hit another player. I've gotten close and that poor guy was on the #6 fairway and I was on #5 tee! :lol:

Yep, and that was after I had beaten it on the ground the hole before, It was a killer whale driver.

Now I am very carefull with my clubs.

I laughed my ass off! :D

The person I was golfing with was momentarily shocked.

The case of my Nike driver is an odd one because I didn't buy it from a golf retailer. For some reason Sam's Club had Nike drivers and I bought one. For all I know it wasn't a "real" Nike driver. It just had the swoosh on it and said "Nike" on the grip.

Actually Sames Club does get deals on Golf Equipment, I have looked at some of their Drivers and they aren't bad at all.

Speaking of Nikes. The new driver's head is shapped like a square. I don't know I can't imagine swinging that thing.

I heard they knock the crap out of the ball though. nikesasquatchsumoT.jpg

Name-brand golf clubs are almost always warrantied...usually for 5 years. Those warranties cover shaft breaks at both the hosel (where the head meets the shaft) and under the grip. So if you break a nice driver you'll get it fixed for free, or just get a brand new one. Not to mention that name-brand clubs are definitely well worth your money if you golf even more than just a little. If you go get custom-fit (which is free) you can significantly improve your game. I know the Golf Center in the mall in Grand Forks can really help you out...you may even see a hockey player (past or present) there pretty commonly.

I think your right. I got a great deal on the Killer Whale that I broke, they gave he a big credit and that is how I ended up with my first big bertha driver. They are awesome for club re-gripping.

Actually Sames Club does get deals on Golf Equipment, I have looked at some of their Drivers and they aren't bad at all.

Speaking of Nikes. The new driver's head is shapped like a square. I don't know I can't imagine swinging that thing.

I heard they knock the crap out of the ball though. nikesasquatchsumoT.jpg

I have a knock off of that driver. It's really big and not very good looking for a club. However, it does move the ball quite well (when I hit it and as long as I don't care where it's going to land).

I have a knock off of that driver. It's really big and not very good looking for a club. However, it does move the ball quite well (when I hit it and as long as I don't care where it's going to land).

Oh I can move the ball around, into the woods (Xcheck), into the ponds (Xcheck) out of bounds (Xcheck)