SiouxSports.com Forum

who has a Hand Gun ?

Fetch

My black lab rarely barks, but my rotwieller on the other hand.......she tends to be a little noisy, but in my neighborhood it's probably a good thing.

I don't know what do with him. Yesterday when I picked him up at Doggy Day Care he was barking, I told them that's my dog.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what do with him. Yesterday when I picked him up at Doggy Day Care he was barking, I told them that's my dog.

Well, the little buggers, they get excited. I don't think I would want a dog that never barked, or jumped up on you, or didn't get excited, that's part of being a dog. I get mugged every night when I get home from work, their unconditional love for their owners is something special, I love my dogs (more than most people too I might add.)

Well, the little buggers, they get excited. I don't think I would want a dog that never barked, or jumped up on you, or didn't get excited, that's part of being a dog. I get mugged every night when I get home from work, their unconditional love for their owners is something special, I love my dogs (more than most people too I might add.)

I once told my Wife I love my Dog almost as much as her. My dog is pretty excited to see me when I get home, I kind of like that.

I once told my Wife I love my Dog almost as much as her. My dog is pretty excited to see me when I get home, I kind of like that.

My rotty would go to work with me if I would let her. She follows me to the door every morning. It just breaks her little heart that I have to send her back inside the house and I leave for the day.

When I worked in Fargo, my dog would be in the house ten hours without going outside. When I got home, even though his eyes would be swimming, we had a routine that we had to go through before he would run out side to do his business. He would put his front two paws on my forearm and I would scratch him behind the his ears and tell him how much I missed him and what a wonderful dog his was. If we didn't go through this, he would not go outside and he would stay in front of me so if I tried walking away from him I had to climb over him or trip over him.

I love my dog. He's been with me longer than my ex-husband was. :D

You know, it never ceases to amaze me how smart a dog is. Last winter when the power went out, my rotty came and woke me up. I don't know if it was the change in temp. in the house, or the fact that it was completely dark, and there was absolutely no noise (from the furnace going on and off, ect.) I honestly believe that she woke me up because she felt that something was not right, as she never, ever wakes me up in the middle of the night. She was persistent about it too, she kept nudging me with her head, and wouldn't stop until I actually crawled out of bed. I honestly believe she would alert me to any other situation that she knew was not "normal" to her. We don't give them enough credit sometimes for being very intelligent.

Dog are smart your right, when my dog wants to be fed in the morning he wakes up my wife instead of me. I don't know why he does that but he does.

Dog are intelligent animals that don't get enough credit.

• 1 year later...

Although I don't own a gun, I consider this to be a huge victory for our rights as Americans...

The Supreme Court says Americans have a right to own guns for self-defense and hunting, the justices' first major pronouncement on gun rights in U.S. history.

The court's 5-4 ruling strikes down the District of Columbia's 32-year-old ban on handguns as incompatible with gun rights under the Second Amendment. The decision goes further than even the Bush administration wanted, but probably leaves most firearms laws intact.

The court had not conclusively interpreted the Second Amendment since its ratification in 1791. The amendment reads: ``A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.'

High court rules individuals have right to own guns for self-defense

Today is a good day. ;)

As a bleeding heart liberal, some idiot liberal would say I should be upset about this. I'm not! The right to carry arm's is an inherent right in this country. Gun control hasn't worked that great in England.

http://www.civitas.org.uk/pubs/internatCrime.php

• People in England and Wales experienced more crime per head than any other country in the survey, 54.5 crimes per 100 inhabitants compared with an average of 35.2 per 100.
    • People in England and Wales face the second highest risk of being a victim of crime. Australia was the worst with 30% of its people victims of crime in 2000, followed by England and Wales with 26.4%.
    • England and Wales had the worst record for 'very serious' offences, scoring 18 for every hundred inhabitants, followed by Australia with 16.
    • More people have gone to the expense of installing burglar alarms than in any other country surveyed, 34% compared with 26% in Australia and 24% in America.
    • People in England and Wales felt they were more unsafe when out alone after dark than people in most other countries surveyed, ranking 4th out of 17.
    • Contact crime, defined as robbery, sexual assault, and assault with force, was second highest in England and Wales (3.6% of those surveyed). The highest figure was for Australia, where it was 4.1%. The figure for the USA was 1.9% and for Japan, 0.4%.

Maybe for you this news makes today a good today. As I've stated before in regards to other topics, not everybody shares the same values. For some of us, this is very disappointing. We see it as getting farther away from the ultimate goal of world peace. This ruling just feeds the hate and violence IMHO.

Put that peace button on Dave and go protest. ;) Individual gun ownership is protected by the second amendment of the constitution.

Maybe for you this news makes today a good today. As I've stated before in regards to other topics, not everybody shares the same values. For some of us, this is very disappointing. We see it as getting farther away from the ultimate goal of world peace. This ruling just feeds the hate and violence IMHO.

For the past 32 years Washington DC has been one of the safest places in the Country. This ruling will turn it into a violent city. Everyone knows gun control laws work great at preventing violent crimes. Nancy Pelosi is one of the biggest proponents for these laws. She is probably the smartest person in the world. Look at her energy policy. As Speaker she refuses to lift the moratorium on off shore drilling in the US. Oil and natural gas prices are incredibly low because we do not pay as much as they do in Europe. What great logic!

I don't own a gun....that is my choice.

For those of you that do....good for you in excercising your right as an American citizen. Imaginge the ability to have a gun and use proper guidance, education, responsibility and accountability - what a novel concept. Kuddos to the Supreme Court!

For the past 32 years Washington DC has been one of the safest places in the Country. This ruling will turn it into a violent city. Everyone knows gun control laws work great at preventing violent crimes. Nancy Pelosi is one of the biggest proponents for these laws. She is probably the smartest person in the world. Look at her energy policy. As Speaker she refuses to lift the moratorium on off shore drilling in the US. Oil and natural gas prices are incredibly low because we do not pay as much as they do in Europe. What great logic!

;)???

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summa...86-30790761_ITM

There is no social benefit in decreasing the availability of guns if the result is only to increase the use of other means of suicide and murder, resulting in more or less the same amount of death. Elementary as this point is, proponents of the more guns equal more death mantra seem oblivious to it. One study asserts that Americans are more likely to be shot to death than people in the world's other 35 wealthier nations. (46) While this is literally true, it is irrelevant--except, perhaps to people terrified not of death per se but just death by gunshot. A fact that should be of greater concern--but which the study fails to mention--is that per capita murder overall is only half as frequent in the United States as in several other nations where gun murder is rarer, but murder by strangling, stabbing, or beating is much more frequent. (47)

I'm not going to get too involved in this discussion - but only to say that I'm glad GW Bush is president if only for the fact that he was able to appoint two conservative supreme court justices - which is in my opinion THE most important duty the president has. Without them, the decision would have not gone in my favor and I'm certain that with Barack Hussein Obama probably becoming our next president - the days of me being able to own my guns would be numbered - at least legaly.

Thank God for our forefathers and the constitution for that document protects our rights from the people in the elitest northeast, the left coast and some guy in Fargo who always seem to know what is best for me as they are so much brighter and more enlightened than I. Just ask them.

Bump.

The problem with many anti-anything supportors is they ALWAYS refuse to see facts from the other side.

Guns don't kill people as the below stats show, people kill people. When people don't have guns to kill they're going to use whatever else is available. Unfortunately, they don't see 'not killing' as an option.

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summa...86-30790761_ITM

I'll agree to disagree with you. No matter how you spin it, 14 gun related deaths is significantly better than 23,000. Numbers don't lie.

Again...

But there is absolutely no relation between having a gun, and shooting someone with it; and NOT having a gun and NOT shooting someone.

I swear the official slogan of the NRA might as well be "guns don't kill people, I do".

You're right Dave, the numbers don't lie, you do. You're ignoring everything else and keep parroting this nugget spewed by a COMEDIAN who's been dead for 14 years. Hicks was dead three years before the UK even passed their most recent and most restrictive gun law, after which gun crime rose by 40%. Maybe Carrot Top has something interesting to say about that. What about the 1.5-2.5 MILLION times guns are used for self defense in the United States each year, does Gallagher have something to say about that? Does your guy Hicks separate the people that deserved it from his 23,000?

Unsurprisingly you didn't answer my question, at the very minimum, I hope you took the time to look it up. Maybe you missed it so I'll try again. Why don't "the streets run red with blood" in Kennesaw, GA?

You're right Dave, the numbers don't lie, you do. You're ignoring everything else and keep parroting this nugget spewed by a COMEDIAN who's been dead for 14 years. Hicks was dead three years before the UK even passed their most recent and most restrictive gun law, after which gun crime rose by 40%. Maybe Carrot Top has something interesting to say about that. What about the 1.5-2.5 MILLION times guns are used for self defense in the United States each year, does Gallagher have something to say about that? Does your guy Hicks separate the people that deserved it from his 23,000?

Unsurprisingly you didn't answer my question, at the very minimum, I hope you took the time to look it up. Maybe you missed it so I'll try again. Why don't "the streets run red with blood" in Kennesaw, GA?

He can't answer the question without blowing his 'platform' to kingdom come!