SiouxSports.com Forum

who has a Hand Gun ?

Fetch

I think Mace has real tight controls as well and you can get arrested for carrying it in some states. I don't know about pepper spray, stun guns or tazers. I do know that nothing short of a bullet, a big bullet, will stop someone on meth or similiar drug.

Just talked to one of the local PD this morning. She said she'll take me out to the shooting range with her anytime I want. She thought it was a good idea that I get a weapon. :wink:

Yeah, now you're talking. I always knew you would come around. :D

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mace has real tight controls as well and you can get arrested for carrying it in some states. I don't know about pepper spray, stun guns or tazers. I do know that nothing short of a bullet, a big bullet, will stop someone on meth or similiar drug.

Just talked to one of the local PD this morning. She said she'll take me out to the shooting range with her anytime I want. She thought it was a good idea that I get a weapon. :wink:

Guess we won't be stopping in for a visit any time soon. Thought you were working in a better neighborhood than that, even given the location. :D

Guess we won't be stopping in for a visit any time soon. Thought you were working in a better neighborhood than that, even given the location. :)

You and Mrs. Siouxman are welcome to visit anytime. Safety in numbers. :wink:

I have to admit that violence on the rez is usually among acquantainces. The local PD know that I live alone and every week I am on the road usually alone. I'm trying to take in as much of the local country side, tourist stuff, etc. that I can while I'm here. What she told me before and again today is that drug dealers, mules (people who smuggle illegals) use the roads around here to try to avoid capture/detection/whatever. I should be more afraid of running into them on my travels than the local drug addicts.

Sad world we live in isn't it....

Lastly, to clarify my position I support your right to own a handgun in much the same way I support your right to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol. It is your personal choice and I respect that. Just don't expect me to agree with your decision or buy this bull that we are all somehow safer because every Tom, Dick, & Harry in this country can purchase a lethal weapon if they choose to.

I accept that you don't believe me, how about some numbers.

State or Territory/Murders per 1000(rank of 52)/Brady Campaign Gun Control Grade

Washington DC/.354(1)/B (Guns banned since 1977.)

Puerto Rico/.196(2)/Not Rated but compared to NY (B+) and NJ (A-)

Louisiana/.099(3, Katrina?)/F

Maryland/.099(4)/A-

New Hampshire/.014(49)/D-

Vermont/.013(50)/D-

Iowa/.013(51)/C+

North Dakota/.011(52)/D

What's Brady grading, gun control laws or the ability of unarmed, law abiding citizens to get murdered in the streets?

alot of police officers eat way too many donuts & have so much training, they are psyched out about using guns - & there are never any where/when you really need them :) I rather die in a gun fight than be slaughtered & watch others be slaughtered or abused

Worried about hitting what your shooting at - get a lazer sight or I use a http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_holosight.cfm unlike red dot sights this technology uses a Hologram site that no matter where the dot is inside the scope,, if it's on the target, the target will be hit - they cost almost as much as the gun - But to me it's worth it

How about Mace or Pepper Spray ? or Stun Guns ? or Tazer ?

I would think every Female would carry mace/pepper spray around here after Dru :)

People shouldn't be allowed to carry mace or pepper spray unless they receive some training that requires them to get sprayed first themselves. That's my opinion on that.

Why? Not being a smart ass here, I really want to know.

If you know what it can do, you're less likely to screw around with it. People have died after getting sprayed with it.

Fear it's power.

I think that you should get sprayed with it, so that you respect it.

I can see the stun gun or tazer, but just a whiff of the Mace or Pepper spray would be enough :)

We bought one of those No Bark shock collars for a dog we had once & we all tried it - it was the kind that got more intense up to 5 levels - No One Made It Past 3 :wink:

I can see the stun gun or tazer, but just a whiff of the Mace or Pepper spray would be enough :)

We bought one of those No Bark shock collars for a dog we had once & we all tried it - it was the kind that got more intense up to 5 levels - No One Made It Past 3 :wink:

Those E-Collars hurt bad. One time I thought my shock collars wasn't working so I put my fingers against the prongs and let my self have it. Never do that again. It hurt like an ---. One other time my dog was in his outside kennel and I was trying to take his barker off and he barked just as my finger toughed the prob and it hurt.

Those E-Collars hurt bad. One time I thought my shock collars wasn't working so I put my fingers against the prongs and let my self have it. Never do that again. It hurt like an ---. One other time my dog was in his outside kennel and I was trying to take his barker off and he barked just as my finger toughed the prob and it hurt.

Do those work? Since I've been gone, my ol' dog is barking way more than the neighbors are happy about and isn't listening to the house sitter.

Do those work? Since I've been gone, my ol' dog is barking way more than the neighbors are happy about and isn't listening to the house sitter.

Barking Collars keep zapping the dog until they stop barking. My dog hates that thing. When I put it on him ussually after he has been barking excessively like now at the birds that happen to be in his yard. Once the collar is on him Dakota is a totally different dog he will, be like he is velcrowed to me.

So it makes him depressed? :)

Compliant is the word all of a sudden he remembers that the neighbors don't appreciate barking, squirly labs, I don't use his barker very much anymore and most of the time I just show it to him and he is good. I only use his e-collar when we go on walk and when we are in the field. At home most of the time its a collar free zone.

My brother has one for his dog, too. He only has to wear it when he is in the travel kennel, in the back of a moving truck. Otherwise, he doesn't bark.

Must be a Lab? My cries all the way out to the field once my car hits the gravel road, fortunately he behaves well enought to sit in the back seat. .

Compliant is the word all of a sudden he remembers that the neighbors don't appreciate barking, squirly labs, I don't use his barker very much anymore and most of the time I just show it to him and he is good. I only use his e-collar when we go on walk and when we are in the field. At home most of the time its a collar free zone.

There are a zillion dogs running around the rez. I have yet to be bothered by their barking. On the other hand, my immediate neighbors have 'saved' about 20 dogs and are in an enclosed yard. Those dogs are set off by a tumble weed blowing across the road!! Like right now!!! I'd hock my car to get all of them shock collars, their owners too!!.

Must be a Lab? My cries all the way out to the field once my car hits the gravel road, fortunately he behaves well enought to sit in the back seat. .

Yes he is. Bart is an awesome dog that you never hear a peep out of. He is one of the best I have ever seen. He is always on the look-out for a playmate though. Anyone that will throw a stick, ball or frisbee. At the lake in the summer he has his supply of sticks by the dock and will fetch for the first person to throw one into the water.

Bart also sits in the pickup with my brother. He only is in the travel kennel when they are going hunting with a group.

Labs and Pugs are the best dogs!

Yes he is. Bart is an awesome dog that you never hear a peep out of. He is one of the best I have ever seen. He is always on the look-out for a playmate though. Anyone that will throw a stick, ball or frisbee. At the lake in the summer he has his supply of sticks by the dock and will fetch for the first person to throw one into the water.

Bart also sits in the pickup with my brother. He only is in the travel kennel when they are going hunting with a group.

Labs and Pugs are the best dogs!

So today I am trying to sleep, I worked the over night shift and my dog wakes me up out of cold sleep, ahhhh, he was barking at black birds and robins that were in his yard. Yesterday he begs me to let him out, he goes running out the patio door growling and barking as he flushed a robin that had trespassed into his yard. Off to doggie daycare. :)

So today I am trying to sleep, I worked the over night shift and my dog wakes me up out of cold sleep, ahhhh, he was barking at black birds and robins that were in his yard. Yesterday he begs me to let him out, he goes running out the patio door growling and barking as he flushed a robin that had trespassed into his yard. Off to doggie daycare. :D

My black lab rarely barks, but my rotwieller on the other hand.......she tends to be a little noisy, but in my neighborhood it's probably a good thing.