SiouxSports.com Forum

who has a Hand Gun ?

Fetch

Ted Nugent is a violence monger. I saw him in concert once and he used the stage as his platform to spew his propaganda. All the while I could only think to myself "Ted, shut your big mouth and play the guitar". I'll never waste my money on that idiot ever again. This puts things into just as good a perspective as Nugent does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbHH5xZcVvQ

Then the same goes for the likes of Bono, Ediie Vetter, and a host of other celebs that use their platforms for their causes. I'm sure it's ok though when they spew their crap on stage because they are only doing what's best for the world right dave?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same goes for others as well as Nugent. No I don't think it's okay when they spew their crap on stage because that isn't what they're there for. They're on that stage to perform and entertain. If they want to spew their propaganda, go into politics.

That's fine, but you didn't mention the others. You chose to single out Ted, simply because you don't agree with him.

No I don't think it's okay when they spew their crap on stage because that isn't what they're there for. They're on that stage to perform and entertain. If they want to spew their propaganda, go into politics.

Except for Hicks the Comedian because while on stage he said what you wanted to hear. :)

What have you to say about this murder in England

GUNS CAMPAIGNER STABBED TO DEATH

The grandson of prominent anti-gun campaigner Pat Regan has been arrested on suspician of stabbing her to death.

Then the same goes for the likes of Bono, Ediie Vetter, and a host of other celebs that use their platforms for their causes. I'm sure it's ok though when they spew their crap on stage because they are only doing what's best for the world right dave?

I guess it is ok for DaveK when the celebs spew something that reflects his beliefs.

Dave's got just a few issues, and contradictory one's at that. No to smoking control, yes to gun control, to name just two of the most recent discussions. In other words, the government needs to step in where it suits him, but stay away where it does not.

Dave's got just a few issues, and contradictory one's at that. No to smoking control, yes to gun control, to name just two of the most recent discussions. In other words, the government needs to step in where it suits him, but stay away where it does not.

Amen Brother. :)

I expect comedians, not musicians, to make fun of real life topics. What's to say about that murder? You aren't suggesting that her involvement in the anti-gun crusade caused her death, are you? If not, it really is not even relevant to the discussion.

As a comedian, did he cite his sources or did he pull the stats out of thin air? Those entertainers you point to believe that as entertainers they have the opportunity to 'enlighten' the masses just as your comedian did. No difference at all.

The point of the murder is that it happened in a country with gun control. As the stats I posted earlier show, gun control does not reduce the number of murdered in countries with gun control. In fact there are MORE murders in countries with gun control than in the US. They just don't use guns to kill as often.

Tap, tap, tap....

If somebody wants to use a knife to kill me they must first get close enough to potentially be hit or kicked by me. At least I have a chance to defend myself that way. With a gun they could get me from so far away I never would know that I'm in danger and therefore have no opportunity to defend myself. Now how are you going to spin that?

I don't need to 'spin' facts, I cite them. But I notice you keep avoiding them. It appears that not everyone can run away as fast as you can.

In fact there are MORE murders in countries with gun control than in the US. They just don't use guns to kill as often.

HHmmmm....artists using their platforms to speak out for what they believe in....

f82c5961-f8e0-49ab-9dbf-fdeab0fbccf0.jpg

Oh the humanity of it all......

I had actually hoped to find the pic of Sheryl Crow with her "I do not believe in your war, Mr. Bush." T-shirt on......but I ran across this one first.

I cite facts too. If you don't have a gun you can't shoot somebody, but that's one fact that you and the other gun nuts keep avoiding.

No one is avoiding the fact that if you don't have a gun, you can't shoot another person, DaveK. But, unlike you we know that gun control, as noted in the research, does NOT reduce murder/violence in countries that have gun control. Unlike you, we know, because the facts prove it, that not having a gun to shoot someone to death is not going to reduce the number of those who are murdered. The facts prove that!!

If you don't have a gun people can and are stabbed, bluggeoned, choked, run over, throw off buildings, or murdered by other means in higher numbers than in the US in countries where there is gun control. There are more murders in countries where there is gun countrol than there are in the US.

Although I agree with Sheryl Crow's stance on the war and support her right to wear the t-shirt, if she were to stop singing to give a 10 minute rant onstage at one of her concerts I would find that inappropriate. There's a time and place to discuss your political beliefs, and onstage during a music performance is not it IMHO.

I'm not sure if it was ten minutes or not, but she did talk about her political beliefs at the last two or three concerts I saw her at. Her Detours album also has several songs on it stating her thoughts about how things are.

You don't have to agree with what someone says....what it boils down to is that we have the freedom of speech in this country and an artist has the right to say what they wanna say.....if you don't want to hear it, don't attend someone's concerts, don't buy their albums.

Although I agree with Sheryl Crow's stance on the war and support her right to wear the t-shirt, if she were to stop singing to give a 10 minute rant onstage at one of her concerts I would find that inappropriate. There's a time and place to discuss your political beliefs, and onstage during a music performance is not it IMHO.

....unless you're a comedian. Because we all know talking about gun control makes people laugh. :)

I understand that people can be murdered in other ways, but my point was that with a gun you can be taken down from somebody who is so far away from you that you'll never even realize you're in danger. If somebody wants to stab, bluggeon, or choke you to death chances are they'll have to get much closer to you, in which case you would at least have an opportunity to fight off the attack. Pretty hard to fight off a gunshot a hundred yards away when you don't even know it's coming.

If someone's going to get you, they're going to get you......we did training scenarios with someone chasing you with a knife, your chances of reacting are a lot slower than you think. By the time that you react to someone chasing you with a knife, you're pretty much toast anyway.

If you live in fear, you have already given up some of your right to live free.....there really is no reason to stress over this stuff. It's like going into a bomb shelter because terrorists might attack us someday.

Which is the reason why I will never buy another Ted Nugent CD or attend another one of his concerts. I enjoy listening to Cat Scratch Fever, but I do not support what he believes in and therefore he will never see another dime from me. Yeah, he has the right to say what he wants to stay... and I have the right to boycott his act because of what he says. I personally think the man is scum. That's just my opinion, nothing more and nothing less.

Lets see Ted Nugent - Great family man, married for 30+ years, anti drug, anti smoking, teaches hunter safety, travels to Africa to hold benefits to feed the hungry, has a great moral compass. Yea the man is scum!

No difference between comedy and music? Okay, if you say so. :)

If somebody wants to use a knife to kill me they must first get close enough to potentially be hit or kicked by me. At least I have a chance to defend myself that way. With a gun they could get me from so far away I never would know that I'm in danger and therefore have no opportunity to defend myself. Now how are you going to spin that?

The bottom line is this dave, murder is murder, it doesn't matter what they kill you with. If a person is intent on killing another and does not have a gun, there are other means, and they will use them, ie., a knife, a bat, ect. It's not the tool that is used but rather the person using that particular tool. Somehow you just don't seem to understand that.

Lets see Ted Nugent - Great family man, married for 30+ years, anti drug, anti smoking, teaches hunter safety, travels to Africa to hold benefits to feed the hungry, has a great moral compass. Yea the man is scum!

:) yeah the man is scum, LOL.. Ted is an awesome role model and I only wish we had more people like him.

DaveK - like minded people that think like you is the reason I give 35.00 to the NRA, on a yearly basis. Taking guns away from the population makes people unsafe and puts them in danger because if you take legally owned guns away from people/the masses the only people that own guns will be the criminal element. Like I said earlier you might want to stick to fighting with Bison fans because you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to gun ownership right. This freedom is a right based on the constitution...

The bottom line is this dave, murder is murder, it doesn't matter what they kill you with. If a person is intent on killing another and does not have a gun, there are other means, and they will use them, ie., a knife, a bat, ect. It's not the tool that is used but rather the person using that particular tool. Somehow you just don't seem to understand that.

In that clip that I posted from Ted basically stated that he would rather see the bad guys shot dead then another innocent person dead because she had her rights taken away from her by overzealous political tyrants.

Statistics (real research, not a stand up comedians act) proves that gun control does NOT reduce the incidence of murder. In fact, there are more murders in contries with gun control than there are in the United States.

So, I guess gun control means you get murdered up close and personal unless you can run really, really fast.

What part of without a gun a would-be murderer has to get closer to you don't you understand? Like I said, I'll take my chances defending myself against some nut coming at me over having that nut take me out from long distance where I never see it coming.

I don't have facts to back it up, but common sense would tell me that most victims of gun crimes aren't getting sniped at a thousand yards or more. These are crimes committed during carjackings, muggings, and home intrusions we are talking about. They are committed at a distance of a few feet.

His extremely over the top right-wing views. I thought that was implied by the label "right-wing nutjob". Anybody who loves guns as much as he does makes me very nervous. I would never want to pi$$ the guy off, he might shoot me.

Ted is a law-abiding, legal gun owning citizen of the United States, if he was a threat as you describe he wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun. There are laws dave, and people, including Ted Nugent are obliged to follow them.