SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

Three recent top draft picks will take part in Canada-Sweden semifinal game

Toews, 19, has yet to announce a final decision on whether he'll return to the University of North Dakota, but it's hard to imagine him not joining Chicago's lineup.

Staal, Toews and Backstrom know the feeling. They've all been careful to show proper respect to the veterans, with Toews even volunteering to travel from the 25th floor at the team hotel earlier in the tournament to get Doan a bottle of water.

Toews has already secured a place in Canadian hockey lore with the three shootout goals he scored against the U.S. in a semifinal win at the world junior championship in Sweden in January.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When TSN posts the highlights to their site you have to watch the goal scored by Toews! He has the building and analysts buzzing about that one. Canada is up 3-0 after one period of play in their semi-final against Sweden.

He has absolutley no reason to come back to UND. It was a fun two years and if I remember correctly - he wasn't going to come here in the first place but made a mid-summer change of mind.

He has absolutley no reason to come back to UND. It was a fun two years and if I remember correctly - he wasn't going to come here in the first place but made a mid-summer change of mind.

At least he didn't promise a national championship, unlike another superstar that played for us.

At least he didn't promise a national championship, unlike another superstar that played for us.

YEAH, what a bad guy for doing that, he should be tarred and feathered for not coming through, what a chump he was :ohmy:

Where was he going to go instead of UND? Tri-City? I thought he made his decisions rather early in his senior year that he was coming to UND?

Comeon stop clouding the issue with facts. :ohmy:

Good enough for me. :ohmy:

I believe in reverse psychology, if we all believe and talk about how he is gone and he leaves, duh it wont be a shock if he stays which I think is probably not all that probable it will be a nice gift. The sky fell in.

;)

I believe in reverse psychology, if we all believe and talk about how he is gone and he leaves, duh it wont be a shock if he stays which I think is probably not all that probable it will be a nice gift. The sky fell in.

Just saying that I have heard from some good sources that he is REALLY talking and thinking about staying 1 more year...

;)

Just saying that I have heard from some good sources that he is REALLY talking and thinking about staying 1 more year...

I hope it's true. It would really be nice. That would make the target on the back of the Sioux even bigger.

Just a few thoughts I had while observing this thread:

1. Yes, there is a good CHANCE he is gone.

2. Nobody knows for sure what will happen.

3. Those who say for sure he is gone are just prepping themselves for reality when it does happen

:ohmy:

What are the rules of a player (Toews) who is a draft pick of a team, but doesn't really want to go to that team because they stink? Obviously Toews is doing great at the Worlds. So well, that he would sought after by any and all teams in the NHL. At what point would Chicago lose their rights to him? Stay in school Jonathon, your stock will keep going up with a national championship. :ohmy: