SiouxSports.com Forum

Departures

siouxhockey5

I'd still end up (figuratively) 3-putting. :silly:

HINT: Use shotgun to create a more convenient putting hole. Under these conditions, you should never more than one-putt. :silly: (Further note: mark and pickup ball before creating new hole)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
there is a rumor flying around lets go du that seabrook is going to the WHL. and the possibility of paukavich leaving too. i dont like du, but i almost feel sorry if both those come true.

so long paukibotich, seabrook would be a bad loss for DU, then add in gregoire commiting to us :lol:

ps....no feeling sorry hear.......we lost 3 whole nhl lines the last 4 years to early departures :)

Seabrook would be a loss.

Paukovitch wouldn't really be much of a loss. I don't know what it is other than size that has Edmonton abuzz about him. EDIT: I'll put it this way: I'd take Blake Wheeler over Pauko even without the Bina tragedy. Wheeler can score every now and then.

Adding Miani (sp?) means that DU gets faster, something DU HAS to do in order to keep up with Minnesota, UND, and even SCSU and CC.

DU plays a better game than UW, but both are painful to watch at times.

there is a rumor flying around lets go du that seabrook is going to the WHL. and the possibility of paukavich leaving too. i dont like du, but i almost feel sorry if both those come true.

All I can say is he at least its not happening to us this season.

Seabrook would be a loss.

Paukovitch wouldn't really be much of a loss. I don't know what it is other than size that has Edmonton abuzz about him. EDIT: I'll put it this way: I'd take Blake Wheeler over Pauko even without the Bina tragedy. Wheeler can score every now and then.

Adding Miani (sp?) means that DU gets faster, something DU HAS to do in order to keep up with Minnesota, UND, and even SCSU and CC.

DU plays a better game than UW, but both are painful to watch at times.

i think pauk would be a loss, he is not a scorer, but he is still an asset to the team. and yes du has lost some major speed this offseason with dingle signing and corbin to graduation. if they would lose mannino to free agency, they would be in a serious hurtbag. even if they dont lose anybody else they are still going to miss playoffs again.

i think pauk would be a loss, he is not a scorer, but he is still an asset to the team. and yes du has lost some major speed this offseason with dingle signing and corbin to graduation. if they would lose mannino to free agency, they would be in a serious hurtbag. even if they dont lose anybody else they are still going to miss playoffs again.

True, true, and true.

if they would lose mannino to free agency, they would be in a serious hurtbag. even if they dont lose anybody else they are still going to miss playoffs again.

If the Pios lose Mannino I can't see them being very good...

If the Pios lose Mannino I can't see them being very good...

well as of right now, he is going to to be like brian elliott was for UW. he will get them a lot of 1 goal wins and if not for him, they would lose at least 5 more. luckily for du, i would bet that mannino will stay. i just think that their recruiting has gone way downhill. time will tell. they do have some quality guys coming in, but 2 good players will not make the team what it was 4 years ago.

How many people do you think felt sorry for the Sioux after losing 5 players last year, and having a lost a player every year for the last decade or so? Some things need a little evenin' out in my book.

How many people do you think felt sorry for the Sioux after losing 5 players last year, and having a lost a player every year for the last decade or so? Some things need a little evenin' out in my book.

Maybe so, and I would agree with you if it was just losing players to the NHL.

I feel differently if a player leaves for Major Juniors. If the player isn't getting playing time, that's one thing, but otherwise, losing a player to MJ sucks and I'm more willing to be sympathetic in that case. Pauko can come or go, it isn't going to matter, but most of my sympathy with DU lies if the Seabrook rumor is proven true.

I could never feel sorry for a team that just a few years ago virtually tackled their way to a national championship. A little clutch and grab by the second championship team that was a much better team was OK, but the first one was total BS.

Of course, if a team is allowed to do what they did that first year, why not, it was their only chance.

well as of right now, he is going to to be like brian elliott was for UW. he will get them a lot of 1 goal wins and if not for him, they would lose at least 5 more. luckily for du, i would bet that mannino will stay. i just think that their recruiting has gone way downhill. time will tell. they do have some quality guys coming in, but 2 good players will not make the team what it was 4 years ago.

They did bring another goaltender about a week and a half ago.........Lars Paulgaard, from Oslo, Norway, played for Southern Minnesota Express in the NAHL last year. Haven't seen any thing official yet, but it is a "for sure" deal.

Officially announced today, Seabrook to the WHL's Calgary Hitmen

"Keith and his family felt the U.S. college hockey development model of practice and games combined with rigorous academics would not benefit his hockey career," Gwozdecky said

Key word might be academics.

classroom for sure, a hit for the wcha in talent but dont feel sorry a bit for DU..........

So is that two big names now? Seabrook and Gregoire are pretty big losses for any team. I wonder what the heck is going on over at DU.

So is that two big names now? Seabrook and Gregoire are pretty big losses for any team. I wonder what the heck is going on over at DU.

Learning to "tackle" is no longer good development for the NHL :silly: