SiouxSports.com Forum

The Award Show

proudsioux

If SCSU is going to make a frozen four, they better do it this year. Worked out for them losing their way to a 2 seed.

West region looks to be better than the frozen four will be.

It is a lot easier regional than what we have, but I still wouldn't want to play Maine, regardless of their play as of late.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no question in my mind that if the Sioux get a shot at Minnesota again, they will make sure to bring their A-game. This is a team that has pride and that likes to have the last word.

For now, the bigger issue is that we don't look past Michigan. It will take a great effort just to get a shot at having the last word with Minnesota.

Well the benefit of this is that we have a ton of sioux fans in denver and around the area to come and support them. Make sure you tell everyone you know down there to get to the game ! :D

And Clay is the sh*t by the way. He was all about the Sioux. He knows what hes talkin about. I pray the Sioux team that swept the gophers are out on the ice for the remaining 4 games! :D

Minnesota definately got jobbed. The overall number 1 in a region with UND and Michigan and a tough Air Force while Notre Dame gets a much easier draw to St. Louie.

Prediction. Whoever comes out of the West wins it all. Should be a great weekend of hockey.

It will be interesting to see who Goofer fans want to win our game. I would expect them to say Michigan, as they have not playing the same level of hockey as we have been.

Looks to me that USCHO pairwise has a bug.

Look at the rankings without any bonus, then use a bonus of .0000.

Doesn't appear they are including the results of the UND/MN game last night until you specify a bonus of .0000 and then hit the "add bonus" button.

I believe the correct results of the basic pairwise are what you get if you use a bonus of 0000.

Focus on Michigan, that's all we can do right now. We don't win there, we definitely won't be playing the other U of M.

That's why I said U of M's, I'm sure every player wants another piece of U of M this weekend, but I'm confident Hak will pound into their head that their is a lot of work to do before we see them

It is a lot easier regional than what we have, but I still wouldn't want to play Maine, regardless of their play as of late.

True, if the Maine team that came west last fall shows up, they could be in the FF. Hard to understand why they've been so poor lately in the east.

it doesnt matter im just sick of seeing the same damn teams every year for the reason bird dog said. its all about attendance and money for the fricken ncaa to pay their lawyers for dumb things such as the sioux name court battle. its not about the best team winning the title anymore. minnesota and north dakota i believe are the best teams in the nation, thus they should be in different brackets to play in the championship if they make it there. i hate it when they put two powerhouses in the same bracket to beat on eachother.

I would imagine fans from other areas are saying the same thing about UND.

BC is not a darkhorse pick by any means. If you watched them this weekend, they are playing traditional BC hockey at the time of the year it counts. This is the one team that the only time I want to face them is in the finals.

Couldn't agree more. Outside of UND, BC is the team with the best late season surge. They are dangerous right now. They're peaking at the perfect time. Plus, the fact that they have an easier draw really works in their favor right now.

When it's all said and done, what matters the most is that the goofers will be the ones saying they got a raw deal with the final pairings. After getting beat by the Sioux in the second round, they'll be the team crying that they shouldn't have had to face UND in the first place. :D Ultimately, the perfect pairing will be Lucia and the goofers with non-stop whining. It's a classic for all seasons -- even the post-season. :D

Ummm, I dont see any Gophers whinning about facing you. In fact, I think we're too busy shiney our new hardware. Oh, How was the trip home?

As a gopher fan I'm angry that we're in the same bracket beacuse we both deserve a shot at the FINAL FOUR. It's ridiculous to have two of the best eams knock on each other during the opening rounds of play. That's like having Ohio State and Florida match up in the Sweet sixteen. Great game but stupid timing.

As a gopher fan I'm angry that we're in the same bracket beacuse we both deserve a shot at the FINAL FOUR. It's ridiculous to have two of the best eams knock on each other during the opening rounds of play. That's like having Ohio State and Florida match up in the Sweet sixteen. Great game but stupid timing.

I only agree with goofer phans when I absolutely have to, but I have to agree.

Doesn't the Fighting Sioux Sports Network pick up the regional games and feed it onto there channel? I remember watching all past regional games on there including the BU, BC games where we won the Beanpot as well as that loss to a team which I will not say by the score of 1-0.

Ummm, I dont see any Gophers whinning about facing you. In fact, I think we're too busy shiney our new hardware.

That and scheduling some time at the local beauty shop. I saw some dark roots showing through last night. :D Time for a little touch up before next weekend.

With Oshie, Toews, and the Johnsons on the ice, there should be plenty of future NHL talent on display at the Pepsi Center this weekend. Should be a great regional.