SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO Bracketology

Big A HG

Click Here

Although they have us as a 2-seed we aren't necessarily a lock...but almost. We just can't lose to St. Cloud!

For those of you who thought that North Dakota and Michigan State, in a tie for eighth in the PairWise, were locks for the tournament, think again.

While it is true that North Dakota is almost a lock, Michigan State, on the other hand, is not.

For North Dakota, it's pretty simple: win one game and you are in. Doesn't matter if it's against St. Cloud in the semifinal or against Wisconsin/Michigan Tech/Minnesota in the third-place game. One win and you're in. Pretty simple.

But

On a side note, they put us with:

1) Minnesota Golden Haired Goofers

2) YOUR UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX

3) Michigan Wolverines

4) Alabama - Huntsville Who Knows What they Are

That puts us against Michigan...not the easiest of matchups.

Although, as a Hobey Watcher...Duncan can make his case over a top goalie candidate (along with Curry (BU) and Brown (Notre Dame)) this weekend against Goepfert, then in the first round show his stuff over another opposing Hobey candidate in Michigan's TJ Hensick.

WHATEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and if i tie my shoe right foot first, if pcm doesnt go to the final 5 ;) nevermnd, i mean if pcm doesnt drink a beer friday afternoon, if diggler shows up without his cape, if mafiaman forgets the jerseys for the poi vs ss game and if sioux cia and sioux mama pass out drunk before the sioux game, oh and if hockey mom forgets her little one at home :angry: then we may not get in the tourney, and if redwing blames a game on Lee :D we are for sure going home golfing

SIOUX 5

SCSU 3

game set match

Agreed totally on the Sioux possibly not making it....it'd never happen. I just wanted to point it out...it is a decent article which gives many of the possible options for most teams which is nice. Just shows where USCHO's mind is when it comes to college hockey teams, and it ain't on this side of the Red River (of the North).

Just shows where USCHO's mind is when it comes to college hockey teams, and it ain't on this side of the Red River (of the North).

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. Moy is merely pointing out the possibility that if the moon and the stars line up correctly, the Sioux may not make the NCAA tournament. The whole point of the exercise is to sketch out various scenarios.

Would you be happy if USCHO said that UND was guaranteed a spot in the NCAAs and they didn't make it? I can only imagine the whining and complaining that would follow.

And does everything have to be an anti-UND conspiracy? :angry:

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. Moy is merely pointing out the possibility that if the moon and the stars line up correctly, the Sioux may not make the NCAA tournament. The whole point of the exercise is to sketch out various scenarios.

Would you be happy if USCHO said that UND was guaranteed a spot in the NCAAs and they didn't make it? I can only imagine the whining and complaining that would follow.

And does everything have to be an anti-UND conspiracy? :angry:

No...I agree with the article. The way I read it, it made it seem more realistic than possible, and almost against the Sioux. I also don't see how they can call Michigan a lock when current PWR puts us in a tie with them right now. Also, I don't see how BU and BC are both guaranteed so much more than us.

Oh well...either way, the cities is on the OTHER side of the river....hehe ;)

Interesting that a Thursday night win by Mich Tech will not only end Wisco's season, but Denver's as well.

The CC/Denver home losses have knocked the WCHA teams to 3, while HE gets 5.

The chances of the Sioux being knocked out are even less likely than finishing as a 1 seed. Still, winning is the only option, as backing in stinks.

I'm with PCM. Quit the conspiracy nonsense. Are you truly offended by objective honesty? Even a bona-fide Sioux homer like me is starting to think some on this board have lost their minds. ;):angry:

On the good side, I like the UND vs. Michigan, UM vs. #16 seed bracket. It worked well for us last year. :D

It would be nice if the the WCHA schools that qualify for the NCAA tourney would be in different brackets so that we can get as many of them to the F4. I have a hard time believing that only 3 WCHA will most likely qualify. After Maine has tanked at the end of the year I am surprised they are still in contention.

That is a lot of things that would have to happen to not get into the tourney. I do not see it happening. Lets just win, winning will take care of everything.

That's the attitude that Hak and the boys have. It's the only one that guarantees anything.

I'm with PCM. Quit the conspiracy nonsense. Are you truly offended by objective honesty? Even a bona-fide Sioux homer like me is starting to think some on this board have lost their minds. ;):angry:

On the good side, I like the UND vs. Michigan, UM vs. #16 seed bracket. It worked well for us last year. :D

I don't want to play Michigan in Michigan. Also wasn't Holy Cross the #15 seed?

Interesting that a Thursday night win by Mich Tech will not only end Wisco's season, but Denver's as well.

The CC/Denver home losses have knocked the WCHA teams to 3, while HE gets 5.

The chances of the Sioux being knocked out are even less likely than finishing as a 1 seed. Still, winning is the only option, as backing in stinks.

Not true. Here is a scenario that actually puts 5 teams in the tournament. Put in .003 for the RPI bonus.

User-Specified Results

You have specified the following tournament results:

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: Army defeats Connecticut.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Sacred Heart.

Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats Army.

CCHA Semifinal #2: Michigan defeats Michigan State.

CCHA Semifinal #1: Notre Dame defeats Lake Superior.

CCHA Championship game: Notre Dame defeats Michigan.

CCHA Consolation game: Lake Superior defeats Michigan State.

ECAC Semifinal #2: Clarkson defeats Dartmouth.

ECAC Semifinal #1: Quinnipiac defeats St. Lawrence.

ECAC Championship game: Clarkson defeats Quinnipiac.

ECAC Consolation game: Dartmouth defeats St. Lawrence.

Hockey East Semifinal #2: Boston College defeats Boston University.

Hockey East Semifinal #1: New Hampshire defeats Massachusetts.

Hockey East Championship game: New Hampshire defeats Boston College.

WCHA Play-in #1: Michigan Tech defeats Wisconsin.

WCHA Semifinal #2: North Dakota defeats St. Cloud State.

WCHA Semifinal #1: Michigan Tech defeats Minnesota.

WCHA Championship game: North Dakota defeats Michigan Tech.

WCHA Consolation game: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota.

UND could be a #1, #2, #3, or #4 seed or be out of the tourney based on a handful of games this w/e. Crazy!

To get knocked out of the tourney, basically I think all of the following need to happen:

1. Lake Superior St. wins the CCHA tourney

2. Wisc or MTech wins the WCHA tourney. Would be the first time the play-in game winner does so.

3. Umass beats UNH in the first HE semi-final.

4. St. Lawrence wins the ECACHL tourney.

5. UND loses the semi-final to St. Cloud and the 3rd place game.