SiouxSports.com Forum

Where's the Love?

kvinbe

I'm baffled by the most recent polls. In both, UND stayed put at #8, while Denver remained #7 in the USCHO and moved up to #6 in the USA poll. UND comes within a whisker of winning (or tying) on Friday night, then shuts them out on Saturday night, on the road I might add, and yet Denver stays ahead of UND or moves up. It's just proof to me that the pollsters are not following the games very closely. Also, the power rankings of Inside College Hockey are just as baffling. I've concluded that they make an attempt to cover all of their bases, while making sure that Eastern schools get better representation than the non-Eastern teams as a whole.

Though it's the pairwise that matters most this time of year, I still find myself feeling confounded by the way the rankings fall out from week to week.

first off the polls do not mean a damn thing. they dont at the beginning and dont at the end. PAIRWISE is the only poll to worry about and we are right where we have put ourselves. i also have no problem with where we are in the other polls. we SPLIT, if we would have SWEPT we would have moved up a few spots but we didnt so we shouldnt have gone anywhere. win is a win and a loss is a loss... bottom line polls are worthless, did i mention that already just for fans really....

ONLY THING THAT MATTERS - being a top 14 PAIRWISE ranking team and when all is said and done it will be another WCHA team celebrating another TITLE

first off the polls do not mean a damn thing. they dont at the beginning and dont at the end. PAIRWISE is the only poll to worry about and we are right where we have put ourselves. i also have no problem with where we are in the other polls. we SPLIT, if we would have SWEPT we would have moved up a few spots but we didnt so we shouldnt have gone anywhere. win is a win and a loss is a loss... bottom line polls are worthless, did i mention that already just for fans really....

ONLY THING THAT MATTERS - being a top 14 PAIRWISE ranking team and when all is said and done it will be another WCHA team celebrating another TITLE

you are correct sir....the poll doesn't mean jack squat!!

people and media love polls - whether in sports or politics - thats why these discussions occur and gain momentum. If they don't mean anything - why are they continually being done and made available for all of us second guess - for discussion purposes of course. But you are right - they mean nothing with regard to the formal ranking process.

Who says the guys that vote in the polls are any smarter than the average contributer here?

You might expect the coaches poll to be a bit better but I don't know that the coaches pay any closer attention to what's going on in other leagues than we are.

good point - perhaps nobody knows more then the average contributer here - perhaps we should conduct our own poll, get it published somewhere and let others say it doesn't mean anything anyway

OK I have no problem with where the Sioux are in the polls, had they had a better start to the season they would be a top 4 or 5 team. But I have a real problem with the complete idiots that still gave UMTC 4 first place votes. Are they really this insane, I wish I could find out who still gave MN first place votes. Probably Nick Coleman and his friends at the Star Tribune.

OK I have no problem with where the Sioux are in the polls, had they had a better start to the season they would be a top 4 or 5 team. But I have a real problem with the complete idiots that still gave UMTC 4 first place votes. Are they really this insane, I wish I could find out who still gave MN first place votes. Probably Nick Coleman and his friends at the Star Tribune.

I think they're doing it just to piss you off. ;):lol:

That is funny, really funny. OK now that you got that out of your system, anything constructive to say, or just sarcastic remarks that try and make you feel better about yourself.

:lol:

Seriously, dude, chill. Who gives a damn about the Gophers? It's a silly poll. It means nothing. Quit driving yourself to drinking over 4 stupid votes.

That is funny, really funny. OK now that you got that out of your system, anything constructive to say, or just sarcastic remarks that try and make you feel better about yourself.

Other than saying that I agree with The Sicatoka, that's about it.

Now carry on with your little crusade against the polls and see where it gets you.

:lol:

Seriously, dude, chill. Who gives a damn about the Gophers? It's a silly poll. It means nothing. Quit driving yourself to drinking over 4 stupid votes.

Just another reason to have a drink. Thanks.

I just thought it was strange that they would still get those votes.