SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen 4, Championship questions

FightingSioux98

Hi all Sioux fans

I am fairly new to the world of college hockey and have 2 basic questions. How exactly is it determined who plays in the Frozen Four tournament? Also, is winning the Frozen Four the same as winning the D1 National Championship, or can you win one without winning the other?

Thanks

Jeff

Hi all Sioux fans

I am fairly new to the world of college hockey and have 2 basic questions. How exactly is it determined who plays in the Frozen Four tournament? Also, is winning the Frozen Four the same as winning the D1 National Championship, or can you win one without winning the other?

Thanks

Jeff

THe frozen four is the D1 championship, which starts as a 16 team tourney (4 regionals) and ends at the frozen four. The 16 teams in the tourney include post season conference tourney winners as auto bids (6), and the remaining slots(10) are awarded based on the pairwise rankings.

Hi all Sioux fans

Thanks

Jeff

It is the D-I Championship, yes.

THe frozen four is the D1 championship, which starts as a 16 team tourney (4 regionals) and ends at the frozen four. The 16 teams in the tourney include post season conference tourney winners as auto bids (6), and the remaining slots(10) are awarded based on the pairwise rankings.

Don't the "Regular Season" champions also get an auto bid?

Don't the "Regular Season" champions also get an auto bid?

the only AUTO bids given out are from conference tourney champs, not regular season champs. so if a team like duluth happens to win the wcha final 5 tourney they get a auto bid in the NCAA tourney of 16 teams. now that would knock the 13 or 14th team in the pairwise rankings out of the NCAA tourney since duluth wouldnt have made it with their regular season record...

The D1 Championship is not always won by the best team. The best team each year is UND. If UND does not win the D1 Championship, it is because of bad officiating. If you understand those few things, you have arrived.

can you say .......... Adam, Anderson, Campion ......... grrrrrrrrrrr :lol: