SiouxSports.com Forum

Notre Dame?

Siouxfan_inDenver

I don't take 'em seriously. They're #4 in the Krach and in a 3 way tie for 3rd in the PWR. According to the Krach they've had the 32nd easiest schedule of any team out there. We've had the 3rd hardest schedule while Mankato has had the hardest. The only top ten team they've played is Michigan and they're barely in the top ten.

I look for them to fold in the regionals the same as the EZAC teams always do. They MIGHT have the talent on the team, but they don't have the experience against the top competition that carries you in the playoffs. That's what has set the WCHA ahead of the other teams in the playoff recently.

I think that Notre Dame would be the weakest #1 seeds of anyone, and yes I do believe they are overrated. They've had a really easy schedule, and have beaten the crappier teams in a crappier conference. But, that would be a good thing if we got seeded into their regional because it gives us an easier chance of making our third consecutive frozen four!

What Jeff Jackson has done at Notre Dame though is incredible, he's really turned around the program a lot. They aren't a #1 team in the nation, in my own eyes. Minnesota and New Hampshire are better then Notre Dame, but the CCHA gets more attention then it deserves. I would like to see Notre Dame continue winning and improving, it's a good school.

For this reason, assuming they hold onto a regional #1 seed, I'd love to be seeded in their region.

Agreed. :D

That said, I watched Notre Dame play on CSTV a few weeks back. They look to be a good team, with a good defense and strong goalie. They looked fast on the ice, but I'm not sure if that was because they were playing a weaker team (IIRC, they were playing WMU or BG), so some of that speed difference may have just been due to the competition.

IMO they could be a darkhorse for making the F4, but I agree that they may find difficulty if they are faced with a WCHA or HE opponent in the earlier rounds of the NCAA.

If the Sioux get placed in their region, I wouldn't complain.

Agreed. :D

That said, I watched Notre Dame play on CSTV a few weeks back. They look to be a good team, with a good defense and strong goalie. They looked fast on the ice, but I'm not sure if that was because they were playing a weaker team (IIRC, they were playing WMU or BG), so some of that speed difference may have just been due to the competition.

IMO they could be a darkhorse for making the F4, but I agree that they may find difficulty if they are faced with a WCHA or HE opponent in the earlier rounds of the NCAA.

If the Sioux get placed in their region, I wouldn't complain.

Neither would this Gopher fan!

Cupcake schedule or not, what Jeff Jackson has done for Notre Dame's program this year can't be understated.

Yep, it amazing he has taken a traditionally crappy team and made them Mediocre and over rated.

I would love to see UND light them up.

Yep, it amazing he has taken a traditionally crappy team and made them Mediocre and over rated.

I would love to see UND light them up.

Yea, from 13-19-4 last year to 24-5-3 thus far this season including a 7-1 win at BC, a 4-1 win over Michigan State at home, and a 7-3 win at Michigan followed two days later by a 4-3 home win against the Wolverines.

C'mon, Goon, give Jeff Jackson and the Irish some credit. I'm not predicting an NCAA win or a title for the Irish, but their turn-around is impressive.

I'm not sure how you can label that record 'mediocre.'

Yea, from 13-19-4 last year to 24-5-3 thus far this season including a 7-1 win at BC, a 4-1 win over Michigan State at home, and a 7-3 win at Michigan followed two days later by a 4-3 home win against the Wolverines.

C'mon, Goon, give Jeff Jackson and the Irish some credit. I'm not predicting an NCAA win or a title for the Irish, but their turn-around is impressive.

When Jeff Jackson was at Lake State they were the last team you wanted to face in the post season. He always got his teams ready for the playoffs. When he left college hockey I think he was the best coach in the nation and he's quickly reaffirmed my opinion with what he's done this year and especially when you look at the recruits he has lined up. Normally in this situation with a team like Notre Dame who doesn't have a lot of post season experience I would overlook them. But because of Jeff Jackson I just can't.

When Jeff Jackson was at Lake State they were the last team you wanted to face in the post season. He always got his teams ready for the playoffs. When he left college hockey I think he was the best coach in the nation and he's quickly reaffirmed my opinion with what he's done this year and especially when you look at the recruits he has lined up. Normally in this situation with a team like Notre Dame who doesn't have a lot of post season experience I would overlook them. But because of Jeff Jackson I just can't.

buckysieve, I never thought I'd see the day...

I don't have to give anyone credit because I sit in the stand with my green shades on. The fact remains that the Irish lost to RMU and MSU-M, UNO as well. Honestly, if you look at their schedule its not impressive. The only wins that really jump out at me are the wins at michigan but then again Minnesota beat them 8-2 and we pounded Minnesota so its circular argument.

I don't have to give anyone credit because I sit in the stand with my green shades on. The fact remains that the Irish lost to RMU and MSU-M, UNO as well. Honestly, if you look at their schedule its not impressive. The only wins that really jump out at me are the wins at michigan but then again Minnesota beat them 8-2 and we pounded Minnesota so its circular argument.

So since North Dakota was spanked by AA twice this season on the road and the Gophers pounded AA while on that same road trip, clearly the Gophers should pummel North Dakota when they play each other. Oh wait...nevermind. Good luck with your circular argument.

Notre Dame could win 30 games this year. Clearly mediocre. :D

Well good luck with all that...

Why would it matter what I think about ND, seriously Mafiaman? Who cares? I don't hold the CCHA as in high a reguard as the WCHA. I have been told that the WCHA has the hardest schedule by the PWR rankings. Means that all 10 of our conference schools are like 1-10 in schedule difficulty. What does that tell me? It means our league is number one and I could care less what ND is doing in a weaker league.

Why would it matter what I think about ND, seriously Mafiaman? Who cares? I don't hold the CCHA as in high a reguard as the WCHA. I have been told that the WCHA has the hardest schedule by the PWR rankings. Means that all 10 of our conference schools are like 1-10 in schedule difficulty. What does that tell me? It means our league is number one and I could care less what ND is doing in a weaker league.

Good point. Let's move the other college hockey conferences down to D2 status because clearly Michigan, BU, and Maine have no hope of winning a playoff game. Hey, didn't someone say that about Holy Cross last year too?