SiouxSports.com Forum

Notre Dame?

Siouxfan_inDenver

So since North Dakota was spanked by AA twice this season on the road and the Gophers pounded AA while on that same road trip, clearly the Gophers should pummel North Dakota when they play each other. Oh wait...nevermind. Good luck with your circular argument.

Notre Dame could win 30 games this year. Clearly mediocre. :D

It means right now the only thing that matter is UND wins its games. We can pointificate about ND all we want but all I care about is the Sioux and hopefully them getting a chance to pummel and over rated team along the way.

David Brown is the top goalie in the nation this year statistically speaking and ND can score goals. You don't want to over look this team. Yes they lost to RMU but the backup was in net for that game.

Have we seen any NCAA games in the last few years where goalies beat teams that should have won?

No team should take the Irish lightly.

Why would it matter what I think about ND, seriously Mafiaman? Who cares? I don't hold the CCHA as in high a reguard as the WCHA. I have been told that the WCHA has the hardest schedule by the PWR rankings. Means that all 10 of our conference schools are like 1-10 in schedule difficulty. What does that tell me? It means our league is number one and I could care less what ND is doing in a weaker league.

So since they have the 10 most-difficult schedules in the country means they're the 10 best teams in the country?

So since they have the 10 most-difficult schedules in the country means they're the 10 best teams in the country?

I am not going to spend any more time on this stupid topic. This is a message board. Sorry I don't see it your way but since your such an expert I will let you feel good about your self. ND is a CCHA team, we all know how well their league has done in the NCAA the last few years. MIAMI comes to mind great numbers, great goalie highly over rated. The same with MSU last season. The fact remains the WCHA is the top league until another league proves other wise. We can split hairs and argue all we want, I am not changing my mind. Until ND makes the Frozen Four all they will be is an up start nice story in my opinion.

I am not going to spend any more time on this stupid topic. This is a message board. Sorry I don't see it your way but since your such an expert I will let you feel good about your self. ND is a CCHA team, we all know how well their league has done in the NCAA the last few years. MIAMI comes to mind great numbers, great goalie highly over rated. The same with MSU last season. The fact remains the WCHA is the top league until another league proves other wise. We can split hairs and argue all we want, I am not changing my mind. Until ND makes the Frozen Four all they will be is an up start nice story in my opinion.

I don't think I was arguing that the other leagues are better than the WCHA. Your point was basically to scoff at Notre Dame's record. All I said was that their team and their head coach deserved some credit for righting the Irish ship. I'm hardly a Notre Dame fan, but their record is impressive.

No one, and I mean no one, can overlook or discredit a team from anywhere this time of year, or you risk getting Holy Crossed. The prognosticators last year picked UMN by a huge margin over Holy Cross. When a team starts thinking like that, they are done.

The only thing that gets it done is hard work, and an occasional lucky bounce.

I don't care who Notre Dame has played or hasn't played this year, or whether UND gets into their regional or some other regional. At that point it is a one game playoff, one game at a time, and anyone can win. That is all that anyone needs to know. Everything else at that point does not matter.

Well of course you can't take a team lightly in the playoffs. However your best chances to succeed in the playoffs come when you're playing top flight talent week in and week out.

That's why I don't think Notre Dame will survive in the regionals. This is the same story as the Cornell' and the like that come into the tournament highly ranked every year but almost never advance.

OK the new regime at Notre Dame has done a great job. My prediction is that they won't go far in the national tournament.

Well of course you can't take a team lightly in the playoffs. However your best chances to succeed in the playoffs come when you're playing top flight talent week in and week out.

That's why I don't think Notre Dame will survive in the regionals. This is the same story as the Cornell' and the like that come into the tournament highly ranked every year but almost never advance.

OK the new regime at Notre Dame has done a great job. My prediction is that they won't go far in the national tournament.

The best way to advance in the playoffs is to have your team peaking at that time of the year. On paper, Minnesota should have destroyed Holy Cross, but Minny definitely wasn't peaking.

Regardless of my opinion of whether or not Notre Dame should be #1 right now, it doesn't surprise me in any way, shape, or form. Anyone who has followed USCHO for any amount of time knows that the team with the best record will pretty much always be #1. If Jackson can get his team playing strong hockey in March, you just may see Notre Dame advance one or two rounds, if not more.

As a Sioux fan, I'm very comfortable with Hak, as he has proven the past two years that he knows how to prepare his team to get ready for a playoff run.

Regardless of my opinion of whether or not Notre Dame should be #1 right now, it doesn't surprise me in any way, shape, or form. Anyone who has followed USCHO for any amount of time knows that the team with the best record will pretty much always be #1. If Jackson can get his team playing strong hockey in March, you just may see Notre Dame advance one or two rounds, if not more.

As a Sioux fan, I'm very comfortable with Hak, as he has proven the past two years that he knows how to prepare his team to get ready for a playoff run.

Your right, USCHO a lot of time just picks there number on based on record. Good point on the playoff run.

This is all good info I'm new to all this pairwise and rpi and tuc stuff. I usually just look at the two polls and see whos doing well, but i'm getting to be a little more technical lately.

Well I think there's only two things to watch. The PWR and the KRACH. You can see where they're at and the trend over time. So the important thing is that we are in general climbing the ranks.