SiouxSports.com Forum

The Weather

JESUS,family,rutgers

Lived here 55 years and have survived quite nicely.An old saying: -30 keeps the riffraff out. When it hits 20 above, you'll even se college students wearing shorts...no kidding. Plug in the vehicles, dress for the weather, not a big deal. Don't get me wrong...I really don't like these temps.

So what was the low in Grand Forks the last few days?? In the Twin Cites I saw -21.

I was in Cooperstown (southwest of GF) over the weekend and Saturday morning it was -35 on the therm. :D YIKES!! I'm glad I didnt have to go anywhere till Sun afternoon. By then it was only -13.

My truck said -29 this morning... then i checked it online... -30... no wind what so ever.. I threw some hot hot coffee up in the air this morning and it definetly steamed into nothing before it hit the ground... I remember it being -57 one morning in eveleth without windchill... thats not even reasonable

here's how we roll in ND!....

-Fill a coffee mug (preferably a RUTGERS MUG!) with water

-heat it in a microwave to boiling

-THROW mug of water outside and watch it vaporize/freeze instantly in a STEAM cloud!

-LAUGH and REPEAT! :D

It just doesn't get any better than that.

However if you use the teapot to heat the water you can repeat faster. That's my suggestion.