SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Gophers

Eskimos

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone i was at Senser's last night and watched the game there. I must say nice turn out for Sioux fans.

I was truly hopeing for a split this weekend and I am still in a little shock over the outcome. The Sioux for sure worked harder and had a lot more heart then the Goofs. But the thing I am most proud of this team for is the way the did not get down and kept fighting on Friday night. It was great being at that game.

By the way did you see where Goofs coach said this is going to be good for them, he went on to say somethinglike thye hit rock bottom this weekend! I have something to say about that. Is losing to a good team rock bottom? Or would be like getting swept by AA be worse? I do not htink getting swept by the Sioux is rock bottom, there are worse things that can happen to this team. Just my opinion, I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Oh a sweep by AA would be amazing but if they get a greater then 2-1 powerplay ratio the goofs probably will get lucky. Lets just hope that the e hour time change has an effect

If every team that plays the goofs takes a page out of our book, they can win. A hard nosed physical game is not the goofs strong point, they are a finesse team and cannot take checks unless its on the goalie. This was very apparent when we played them. Pressure them hard and punch them in the mouth. SWEEP!!!

Interesting, but the best thing that can happen now for the Sioux is to have UAA and MTU lose as much as possible and drop the from TUCs. This would remove 4 losses, 1 tie and 1 win from UND's TUCs and swing a few comparisons. So I guess, go Kellen Briggs you goaltending stud... :ohmy:

If every team that plays the goofs takes a page out of our book, they can win. A hard nosed physical game is not the goofs strong point, they are a finesse team and cannot take checks unless its on the goalie. This was very apparent when we played them. Pressure them hard and punch them in the mouth. SWEEP!!!

This is what I've been saying that this team has lacked all year. They didn't hit.

When we came out hitting Sat. night the Gophers tried to hit back and then gave up two goals. The rest of the game they didn't bother.

The Gophers have a lot of size, but Bina was dropping them all over the ice. Okposo got dumped twice on Sat. and went to the bench slowly each time. Interesting coincidence that he was a non-factor.

Interesting, but the best thing that can happen now for the Sioux is to have UAA and MTU lose as much as possible and drop the from TUCs. This would remove 4 losses, 1 tie and 1 win from UND's TUCs and swing a few comparisons. So I guess, go Kellen Briggs you goaltending stud... :ohmy:

great points!!

It appears that we Sioux fans are all wet about the officiating. According to Bushwood Gopher on GPL:

Campion is the gold standard of officiating in the WCHA. I thought he was very good all weekend.

I believe he is better than many of the others, but that comparison doesn't automatically add up to good.

It appears that we Sioux fans are all wet about the officiating. According to Bushwood Gopher on GPL:

I believe he is better than many of the others, but that comparison doesn't automatically add up to good.

I watched the CSTV broadcast this morning and even they (with no allegiances) were questioning the officiating.

The SIOUX did one hell of job this weekend & I hope that's it's just the begining of better things to come & hopefully a WCHA title & a Frozen Four title. Hey folks you never know. Look at UF for what they did this past calender year that should tell you something.

2006 NATIONAL CHAMPS IN BASKETBALL & 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPS IN THE BCS FOOTBALL.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Saw the Friday night game on TV, but had a birthday party to attend last night :ohmy: I was getting text message updates from my son all night. Got home after the party, and then saw most of the third period on TV (tape delay on FCSC). By then it was 5-3, but man did the Sioux look fast on the big ice. I've seen a few Gopher fans comment about the Sioux team speed as well. It was very evident this weekend.

How sweet it is. The only disappointment now is that it is two weeks to the next series.

YEAH, THATS RIGHT, my invention of the DOT line was just used by doug wooger booger on the fsn pre game show, damn i should have copyrighted that, sh#$.... :ohmy: still funny to hear, thank you, thank you very much, now its time to start bombing some b-day drinks on route to another SIOUX win!!

I am sorry, but "YOUR INVENTION"?!? I'd be interested in seeing who called them that first, you or me. Hmm, think I'll go look that up, actually.

The Gophers have a lot of size, but Bina was dropping them all over the ice. Okposo got dumped twice on Sat. and went to the bench slowly each time. Interesting coincidence that he was a non-factor.

Bina had a huge weekend. His goal Friday really triggered the avalanche. Okposo did ring the iron twice Saturday and he continues to be the least of the Gophers problems.

Bina had a huge weekend. His goal Friday really triggered the avalanche. Okposo did ring the iron twice Saturday and he continues to be the least of the Gophers problems.

Didn't think he was a problem, but I don't remember sitting at the game and seeing him take over the play like he has against other teams. Didn't realize he hit two pipes.

The Gophers will be fine, plenty of time to right the ship. They have some real talent. I was impressed with EJ, Goligoski, and Okposo the most. Also, I really thought Lucia was a player that played with a lot of hustle. I'd like to hear from a Gopher fan who has seen them play if the lose of Hirsch hurt their power play. Also, there were a number of bounces that went UND's way and the Gophers did not get good goaltending either night. That said, the Sioux just played with way more heart and intensity.

I hope we see each other again in the Final 5 and the Frozen Four. I hope if both teams make the tourney that we get sent to different regionals. With the exception of last year, the Gophers have played tough come March.

In the second period, i believe, the gophers were crashing the net and lammy made what looked like a terrific save. If you slow it down, you can see the puck flip into the goal and land between lammy's leg and the net. Nobody saw this! THe refs were busy watching the scrums, and the gophers were busy getting their helmets pulled around their faces. The only person who saw it was a ND player, who was between the net and the ref, and he very calmly placed his stick on the outside of the net to cover up the puck from the onlooking ref. The sioux player then bends down to tell Lammy about it, probably to act cool, and proceeds to lift the goal out of the way. It could've been a big deal, but the gophs got a PP and proceeded to score a few seconds into it, so the contorversy has been wiped clean. Anybody else see this, or has it been posted already?

I've got the game on tape and will watch it. I've watched it twice and have seen nothing like this other than 1 instance where the puck did fall under Lammy but didn't cross the line. Lammy fell back on the puck and was pushed into the net but he then move his leg back out. I didn't see any clue exactly where the puck was or ended up. Therefore no goal call could be made as it was under him.

I've got the game on tape and will watch it. I've watched it twice and have seen nothing like this other than 1 instance where the puck did fall under Lammy but didn't cross the line. Lammy fell back on the puck and was pushed into the net but he then move his leg back out. I didn't see any clue exactly where the puck was or ended up. Therefore no goal call could be made as it was under him.

Was that the occasion where the gopher player lowered his shoulder and drilled Lammy (in the chest) into the back of the net?

Was that the occasion where the gopher player lowered his shoulder and drilled Lammy (in the chest) into the back of the net?

I think that was a different time.

Speaking of scrums in the net, the time Chorney went after the player in the net was interesting. I was trying to figure out what set Chorney off like that. On replay, however, I noticed a couple of things and circumstantially connected them with something Lammy said during the AA series. IIRC Lammy was ticked the defense didn't clear out the AA players and they were jabbing their sticks into his gut until the puck came loose and they scored (the tying goal?).

Earlier in the game last night the gophers rushed the net and there were a couple guys with their sticks in Lammy's gut again. The second guy in was giving the shots AFTER the whistle sounded The second time this happened, Chorney took his guy into the net and smacked him around a bit. On that play the original gopher player came in and made a shot, and tried to poke at the puck. Gordon? followed up the play and his first whack with the stick was against Lammy's leg pad, the second jab was up in his gut. Chorney immediately put him down.

The other situation I found interesting was when Miller crossed checked Carmen up high in the neck after he took a shot and the whistle blew. It's not the kind of thing I condone, for sure. This was interesting, though, in that Carmen drew a crowd of angry Sioux, Porter and Genoway who pushed and jawed at him. I watched that play from earlier in the shift and it looks like Carmen went to hit a Sioux player off camera and after that you lose him until he comes in and takes the shot on goal. Would be an interesting one to have seen.