SiouxSports.com Forum

THE COWBELL GUY

Prpichrocks_19

Personally, I don't like it. I thought it was funny the first few times It happened last year, or whenever it started, but now i just think it's a farce. I also want to know why the band has adopted the habit of playing the 'beer' song after every goal. I think that song should not be played so much. I love the song, but it should be played once, maybe twice during a game, otherwise it ruins the fun of it. This is all just my opinion though.

Because when it was only played once or twice during a game they would get students screaming at them "play the beer song!"

It was constant complaining that they didn't hear the beer song enough. So now it's a consistant thing. Goal = Beer song.

Can't please everybody and this seemed like a simple way to solve the problem.

Because when it was only played once or twice during a game they would get students screaming at them "play the beer song!"

It was constant complaining that they didn't hear the beer song enough. So now it's a consistant thing. Goal = Beer song.

Can't please everybody and this seemed like a simple way to solve the problem.

How bout the idiot that said the band is too loud

As long as we're complaining about the band ??? I wish they would learn some new songs. If anything they seem to know less songs then they did at the old arena. Kinda stinks. But then again when the band can only play on 1/3 of the breaks becaue of all the stupid advertisements and commercials and various other stupid crap, what's the point of learning new songs when you'll only be able to play them once every four games?

BTW, I stayed and heard the band after the Saturday game, they sounded great, far better than 8 years ago when I was there.

:)

But since this is ss.com

:whistling:

The one player in the horn section was way out of position, and cost his team, that guy needs to step up and hit someone, I wish some blues bar would just sign him and get him out of here, throw him under the bus...

:D???

Personally, I don't like it. I thought it was funny the first few times It happened last year, or whenever it started, but now i just think it's a farce. I also want to know why the band has adopted the habit of playing the 'beer' song after every goal. I think that song should not be played so much. I love the song, but it should be played once, maybe twice during a game, otherwise it ruins the fun of it. This is all just my opinion though.

It's been that way since about '99 or '00, so this wasn't recently adopted like you think. Like Grey Ant said, we got asked to play it, so did so. Do you realize that more people stand for the beer song than the school song? Plus, if we only score one or two it might be played once a period.

Oh, and BTW the UW fans used to pay/donate us money at the Final Five to play songs like the beer song.

Wow are we picky as fans today. Have you listened to DI bands. They play two songs. School song when they score and the fight song the rest of the time (worse for USC and FSU). I recently went to UMTC - UI bball (cheered for UMTC to lose) and the UMTC band played maybe 5 songs the whole night. They played the song where the cheerleader shake their rumps in a circle more than the school song.

Wow are we picky as fans today. Have you listened to DI bands. They play two songs. School song when they score and the fight song the rest of the time (worse for USC and FSU). I recently went to UMTC - UI bball (cheered for UMTC to lose) and the UMTC band played maybe 5 songs the whole night. They played the song where the cheerleader shake their rumps in a circle more than the school song.

What's wrong with cheerleader rump shaking? ???

The band's too loud? If you ever call a game's atmosphere "too loud" you're obviously not a real college hockey fan and should switch to something like golf or tennis. Suprisingly UNH fans have also complained about the band being placed in their student section and that they are too loud; however, the UNH Band is god awful.

As for the Sioux band, yeah they're much improved over the past 4 years, but the song selection is kinda limited. I'm in a D-I band and would disagree that all bands are this way these days b/c my band knows in excess of 100 songs.

But you can never hear In Heaven There is No Beer too many times cause people sing to it and if it gets the fans involved I'm all for it.

This thread reminds me of my mom and her friends (all in their 70s and 80s) sitting around 'visiting', nothing but bitch, bitch, bitch.

Geeze, what a bunch of old ladies, I'm outta here..............

You could have at least dropped off some Ensure, you ungrateful whippersnapper!!

Well I really didn't mean for this blog to rip on the band or DOM. I meant it to say how much we appreciate DOM!! SO all you pessimists out there need to just cool your jets. If you don't like the band don't go to the games!!!!! LONG LIVE THE DOM!!!!!!

Dude I took it that way, I guess I can't believe there are people that think they are going to get him out of the band.

It aint going to happen. I think the band livens up an already dead arena.

Dude I took it that way, I guess I can't believe there are people that think they are going to get him out of the band.

It aint going to happen. I think the band livens up an already dead arena.

I know!! I think he is one of the nicest guys I have met!! and he plays the best dang cowbell EVER!! I was surprised he kept on playing after his motorcycle accident. Also I think that the people who don't like him are just jelous because they wish they could be that cool ???

Well I really didn't mean for this blog to rip on the band or DOM. I meant it to say how much we appreciate DOM!! SO all you pessimists out there need to just cool your jets. If you don't like the band don't go to the games!!!!! LONG LIVE THE DOM!!!!!!

Why would anyone stop going to games just because they dont like the band!

BTW. My opinion on Dom has nothing to do with the band. It's just that the cowbell thing is getting old. Time for Dom to come up with something new, like playing his drum. ???

I know!! I think he is one of the nicest guys I have met!! and he plays the best dang cowbell EVER!! I was surprised he kept on playing after his motorcycle accident. Also I think that the people who don't like him are just jelous because they wish they could be that cool ???

Jealous, yea I'd be jealous of Dom and not the players on the ice.