SiouxSports.com Forum

XCEL Energy Center

Stromer

Not sure where to put this thread so I'll try it here. I have never been to the XCEL but I am planning on making the trip for the Final Five (now that I am convinced we have turned the season around). I am debating about getting tickets in the lower bowl on the corners or in the club level on the end of the arena. If anyone who has been there could give info, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure where to put this thread so I'll try it here. I have never been to the XCEL but I am planning on making the trip for the Final Five (now that I am convinced we have turned the season around). I am debating about getting tickets in the lower bowl on the corners or in the club level on the end of the arena. If anyone who has been there could give info, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I love the lower corners, but honestly there is not a bad seat in the house. The club seats are also very nice.

I have only been to the X once, last year's Final 5, and we were in the club seats, which I thought were great. I also went down to the lower bowl to visit people I knew, and I agree, there really isn't a bad seat in that place.

I heard their seats were some kind of plastic nylon type weave. How tacky. I don't call that a nice seat.

I agree with the "any seat is good" comments. If you go to hockey games you understand the risk of sitting too low in the corners and depending where you are trying to look through the glass/posts to the other end of the rink.

I sat in the end club level seats for the Frozen Four in 2002 and those are excellent seats. You get a great perspetive on the action from that angle/height.

I got reserved seats in the upper deck....anyone ever sat up there??? Are they good seats??

We have reserveds in the upper deck, behind the goal. Nice railing to lean on. They are high, but good seats.

Best things about 'em. Inexpensive. We can often move down, at least when the Gophers are not playing. And,

we set next to probably the thinnest skinnest Gopher fans that the world will ever know.

Great fun in the upper deck. Just like being in the lowest decks on the Titanic. Living and breathing with

the proletariat. Solid hockey fans on a limited budget.

Last year, some Sioux student fans joined us and we had the times of our lives. Especially with LaDonny and

the Gophers dropping two, and the thin skins telling us to watch out, the Gophers would go on a roll

in the NCAAs. They went on a roll all right. Rolled right over. Season over.

We have lower bowl, corner seats and are happy with them. We did think about switching to club level but we need 8 together which is hard to get.

Our corner is AWESOME!!!!

I don't know if we'll be there this year, because we did ask for an upgrade to be closer to UMDDogz and my dad, but we aren't exactly at the top of the priority list for them.

WHEN ARE MY TICKETS COMING???