SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday @ CC

HockeyMom

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was a time to get rolling it would probably be a good time to start tomorrown night.

The bright side is UND didn't give up a power play goal and they got a solid defensive effort.

Thats the Silver Lining.

thanks for peeing down my back and telling me it's raining :D:D Only wins matter now...

This sucks! i am getting really tired of this crap. What is it going to take to get these guys to start scoring. Bring back Blaise!

Agreed

This is totally unacceptable - the Gophers on a 20 game tear and us on a horrible losing streak. we should not be a second tier team ever. I'm so tired of the "great effort - just a little short", "bad breaks", "the real season is just starting", "Hak will get us going soon" comments I could puke - Let's be honest - this is one pathetic hockey season. Things need to change right now.

DU beats UW 3-1.
Wow, the two WCHA Frozen 4 teams from last year are really sucking air. I'm so @%#$% miserable I can't even take any pleasure in Bucky's struggles (especially since they took 3 of 4 from the Sioux, sweeping them at the REA in the process). What a complete pisser of a season this is turning into.

The Sioux = snakebit . . . it sucks but it happens to even the best of 'em. I've watched a lot of hockey in my life and from the looks of last weekend the Sioux forwards aren't even close to the worst I've seen, and I'm talking worse then "missing the broad side of the barn." It was "couldn't hit water if you fell out of boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean bad" offensive skill my freshman year of college at BU.

Hopefully Toews will come back and spread around some of that magic he displayed in the WJC and combined with good goaltending from Lammy and some effort it will lead to some needed W's 'cause I'd hate to see Hakstol's Frozen Four streak come to an end.

How come there hasn't been any intermission trivia lately??? JW

And maybe I'll do the post game interviews, maybe... I'm not very good at those lol

Do it, I can't keep the dam feed working! Pretty much fits with the night we had.

I agree!

Let's Fire Hakstol! I mean, he's taken the team to two Frozen Fours while during Blais' tenure, we went every year for his entire tenure! This team can't have a down year because if we had Blais, we'd shoot the puck, score more goals, Finley wouldn't suck, Phil wouldn't give up so many rebounds, and we'd at least have outsho..I mean we would have at least dominated play for most of the....oh wait.

God, that has got to be the most retarded thing I've heard.

This team lost the game because they couldn't beat the goaltender and they didn't get any finishing. Defensively we played well. Apart from Watkins boneheaded move in the 2nd, we played responsibly. We won a good deal of the faceoffs and spent a lot of time in the CC zone.

Please, losing sucks, having a losing season sucks, but again, pointing fingers at a coach is much easier than accepting that this was a tough loss, a bad loss point wise, but not a poorly played game.

Don't have to be happy about it, but you don't have to call for the executioner every time. And please, don't give me that BS about expectations and tradition and all that. Teams work in cycles. They have good years and bad years and, quite frankly, let's wait until the year is over before we call it either way.

But hey, if you want to jump off the cliff, I won't stop you. Just throw yourself off and leave individuals on the team out of it.

HAK INTERVIEW (may have missed some due to radio going out at beginning):

really liked the way they came out to play for the 3rd period, can't take a 5 min major, gotta be more responsible, altitude had an effect, definitely had the will, created enough opportunities in the 3rd, martens didn't play well on friday against dartmouth but came around saturday and today, makes a lot of plays and creates opportunities, has more poise and more confidence, takes charge, great hockey sense, needs to be an effective player for us, defense and goaltending did a good job, everyone played pretty well

STARS of the game:

3) Scott McCulloch (only goal)

2) Phil Lamoreaux (lots of saves)

1) Matt Zaba (obviously lol)

7,146 tickets sold for the game.... I think that was the number....