SiouxSports.com Forum

New Sioux Jerseys this weekend!

siouxhockey5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is happening in college basketball with all the nike teams too. Everyone is going to the same jersey template. The NHL is going to be switching from their classic look to something similar to this template. They are all changing their jerseys to the same look...soon everybody will be a part of team nike. It makes me sick. One of the things I love about hockey is the uniforms. They are so much different than anything else. The sweater is classic, Could you imagine the Detroit Red Wings in anything other than what they wear now? Or the Montreal Canadiens? And as far as being form fitting and aerodynamic? Please. Doesn't it look great to see the jersey of The Oshie or Toews flapping in the wind as they speed down the ice? I think UND could use a new jersey, maybe bring in some more green and a horizontal stripe on the bottom, but these jerseys are terrible. Maybe the jersey and socks wick away sweat and water better, but where does that water go? Down into the skates maybe? I really hope the hockey world doesn't fall for this 'Technologically Advanced' mumbo-jumbo. Stick with the classic sweater look.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Actually I was hoping Adidas would get into the mix since its my favorite company, the only team that I know of in the WCHA is the Badgers that are Adidas.

Are they scoring goals or are they skating by getting mauled, hooked and held? :huh: Then the Stream lined Jerseys might be better.

Don't you think the form-fitting streamlined jerseys will allow opponents to see exactly where the padding ends? I think the streamlined jerseys might be worse for the players as far as getting hooked, slashed, etc.

Don't you think the form-fitting streamlined jerseys will allow opponents to see exactly where the padding ends? I think the streamlined jerseys might be worse for the players as far as getting hooked, slashed, etc.

i think that is just looking way to deep into a situation.........

For all those people who bash these jersey's...have you ever even tried one on?

Trust me...there is a HUUUUGE difference. They are absolutely fantastic. The weight difference is incredible. And when they say form fitting, it's not like they are that tight like you are describing...you can't see pads or whatever you're talking about. Go to the local store...find one...you will be surprised. Teams would be idiotic to not switch to this material.

Trust me...there is a HUUUUGE difference. They are absolutely fantastic. The weight difference is incredible. And when they say form fitting, it's not like they are that tight like you are describing...you can't see pads or whatever you're talking about. Go to the local store...find one...you will be surprised. Teams would be idiotic to not switch to this material.

i dont mind them at all. i called the ralph and they had no idea what i was talking about when i asked them if they will have them for sale soon.

That's what the NHL players are thinking of the new RBK jerseys they will be wearing next year..the new cut will be unveiled at the allstar game..New Sweaters RBK claims they won't be as tight as the Nike Swift jerseys but I'm still worried they'll look goofy. San Jose Sharks' test

I've never worn one, but I still think it would be a big mistake to move toward this style of jersey. The hockey sweater is an iconic part of the sport. The powers that be want to change one of the most recognizable parts of the game...why? To save a few ounces? To sell a few more jerseys? I don't buy it. Give me the classic free-flowing sweater over a 'technologically superior' uniform any day.

I think the biggest complaint is the cookie cutter aesthetic design, not the material.

I agree with the "traditionalists", the hockey sweater is not meant to be messed with like some goofy basketball tanktop. There is one aspect to sports that keeps all of us coming back time and again - nostalgia. Look around competitive sports, any level, any sport. Which are the teams with the most loyal fan bases

If everyone wears the new tighter, streamlined jerseys, everyone will have the same advantage. So let's stay with the jerseys that wave in the wind.

You know...........you actually have a point there, Same thing happened with the One-pieces......... but save for some hardcore old school guys, noboedy would be caught with anything less than a composite shaft now. So if this is the future, and they think they can skate faster with the new tchnology, then go with it.