SiouxSports.com Forum

New Sioux Jerseys this weekend!

siouxhockey5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will buy one if they sell these at the ralph ??? but thats me..............i dont mind these but im not to sure on the vertical striped socks that the olympians wear with it. are the sioux wearing those as well? anyways, if we go to dartmouth and win 2 games wearing these i say home or away wear them til we lose :) tis may have been the problem all along, the damn jerseys needed a tweaking :huh:

I'm ready for a new look for the Sioux as I'm pretty so-so on the diagonal striped jerseys. But I'd rather have them than a jersey that looks like 9 other teams. I hope this is a temporary look, not something we're stuck with.

They tout the performance of this material. I have often wondered if the shimmer-cloth or whatever it is that we're currently using is a hot material to playing in. Maybe that's not a big factor in hockey, I don't know.

These are the new jersey technology that reduces wind resistances and doesn't hold moisture. The socks don't require the vertical stripe, but hopefully Nike will put it on there anyways.

I was wondering how the players were going to cope with those strong wind and rain storms inside the ralph. Glad that probelm was solved, now lets move on to second periods

I believe I complained when Team USA first sported these unies.......and I still feel the same way about them. YUCK! Don't keep them!

*looks at them again*

YUCK!!! LOOK AT WHAT HAS BECOME OF MAINE'S JERSEY!!!

*spits*

Hopefully this is just a stunt by Nike to push these and nothing more.

God! Can't they just stop? Please make it stop! Are we becoming the Goofers who have new jersies everytime someone sneezes? Just stop it! Get one jersey for home and away and maybe one "special" and leave it alone! Get rid of the stupid arm stripes. Get rid of the stupid "V" down the sides. Bring back the green bar with black borders around the waist and the "ND" on the sleeves and leave them alone.

I prefer them over the old ones but thats just me. I also prefer black as the away color.

Yea, because NO ONE else has black as their primary color. :huh: Nothing says "SIOUX" like a sea of green inside Mariucci Arena. Black? That just blends in with everything.

I, for one, don't like the Sioux "third jersey." If you're going to do a third jersey, at least make a template or logo change on the front. A black jersey would be cool if it had "SIOUX" written diagonally on the front and maybe small Sioux patch logos on the shoulders.

As long as Nike continues to invade college hockey, you'll see the templates that are easily changeable for doing other team jerseys. Before long, Sioux hockey will look like Oregon football. ???

Just my two cents...

I agree, MM. I'm also not a fan of the black ice jerseys, and I don't like cookie cutter design style. The Sioux should be unique in their jersey design. I'm hoping this is all about testing and marketing their new material, and not a new Sioux jersey design.

This is happening in college basketball with all the nike teams too. Everyone is going to the same jersey template. The NHL is going to be switching from their classic look to something similar to this template. They are all changing their jerseys to the same look...soon everybody will be a part of team nike. It makes me sick. One of the things I love about hockey is the uniforms. They are so much different than anything else. The sweater is classic, Could you imagine the Detroit Red Wings in anything other than what they wear now? Or the Montreal Canadiens? And as far as being form fitting and aerodynamic? Please. Doesn't it look great to see the jersey of The Oshie or Toews flapping in the wind as they speed down the ice? I think UND could use a new jersey, maybe bring in some more green and a horizontal stripe on the bottom, but these jerseys are terrible. Maybe the jersey and socks wick away sweat and water better, but where does that water go? Down into the skates maybe? I really hope the hockey world doesn't fall for this 'Technologically Advanced' mumbo-jumbo. Stick with the classic sweater look.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Speaking of jerseys. I was at a mall here in New Hampshire yesterday looking around a sports store and they had a college hockey jersey section. (New Hampshire, Vermont, Boston University, Boston College, Maine - I almost spat on that one.) So I look behind one of the jerseys to see a stupid Golden Gopher looking at me. I nearly jumped out of my shoes. I never thought a Minnesota jersey would be seen out here!

Oh well, I guess we'll see how the jerseys look on the boys tomorrow night!

When I was in Lake Placid in August of 05 for the WJC evaluation camp, I went into a sporting goods store, and there was a white Sioux jersey hanging on the rack. Very cool.