SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Verbals

The Walrus

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fighting sioux football recieves verbally commitments from...

Brock Bellmore

6"2" 250 #

Defense Lineman

West Fargo / All State Selection

Dan Hendrickson

6' 200 #

Lineman- Move to Linebacker

Minot High / All State Honors

Thanks - please continue to keep us informed.

Any idea who else we are after?

I know Dan Hendrickson and Broc Belmore will be big and powerful sioux players! Hendrickson is a tough fast linebacker, i know he killed us this year in the Quarter Final game! i play for central so i also no Broc Belmore he is big and strong and will have a good impact for the sioux in the years to come!

Hendrickson is a pretty good athlete. I got to see him play a couple of times this season, and he was phenomenal at the linebacker position. In Minot's playoff game against Wahpeton he was a big reason that Minot held a good rushing team at bay, and I thought he had a good game in the Championship against Fargo South as well. He played some fullback as well, so he could possibly play on offense as well, but I'm guessing linebacker is more than likely the direction he'll go.

Hendrickson is a pretty good athlete. I got to see him play a couple of times this season, and he was phenomenal at the linebacker position. In Minot's playoff game against Wahpeton he was a big reason that Minot held a good rushing team at bay, and I thought he had a good game in the Championship against Fargo South as well. He played some fullback as well, so he could possibly play on offense as well, but I'm guessing linebacker is more than likely the direction he'll go.

Linebacker is my guess too he flies around and kills people lights them up! but wont we have a good linebacker core with guys like Kasowski coming up and stroup there already! cuz my guess is both kasowski and stroup will be experienced junior and sophmore any ideas! what might happen! will hendrickson be like stroup this year come in on 3rd downs and shut em down??

Sioux got a commitment from Drew Daggett of Frazee, Mn. this week. He is a 6'5" 205 lb receiver with a great upside. Also plays BB and went to the state track meet in the high jump and the hurdles. He has very good speed esp for his size and is an excellent student with very good ACT score. Great work ethic. Stayed under the radar of many colleges because Frazee wasn't very good in FB and they didn't have a QB who could get him the ball. He was at UND's summer camp and did very well. Played last year with a cast on his wrist and missed last game this year in Fargodome with sprained knee. Will be much stronger with college strength program. He was offered a 1/2 scholarship in track by NDSU. Both parents went there but were impressed with the coaches, the quality of the players, and College of Business. First blue chipper from Mn for this years group.

There are some Ankenbauer's from the Kenmare area. Could be a relation to them. Unsure of any other tie to UND.

That could be it. Lennon was quoted in a Herald article about a month ago as saying that there were a couple of prospective recruits with ND ties from outside the normal recruiting area. Evidently Ankenbauer was one of those kids.

You would think that the UND coaching staff must be pleased with their recruiting efforts thus far. We are five weeks away from the signing date and we have at least nine commitments. I would think that any recruit offered a scholarship this early in the process must be a pretty darn good prospect. Anyone have an insight into how the staff feels recruiting is progressing?

You would think that the UND coaching staff must be pleased with their recruiting efforts thus far. We are five weeks away from the signing date and we have at least nine commitments. I would think that any recruit offered a scholarship this early in the process must be a pretty darn good prospect. Anyone have an insight into how the staff feels recruiting is progressing?

From what I understand, things are going quite well. This should, in theory, be the most difficult recruiting year due to the fact that there won't be any additional scholarship money until 2008. I still hope some scholarships are used to get a few immediate-impact transfers on defense, but in terms of the high school commits so far, I think things are going well.

I count 10 verbals. The Minnesota kids look like Blue chippers and the Wisconsin kids look good. I don't know enough about the N.Dak kids out west but the West Fargo kid looks good. I would say They are ahead of most years and would be very happy with the results so far. They had some Jr. College kids in. One was a safety and I am not sure about the other. Anything on the RB from International Falls? (If his team host would have paid more attention to him and less to the Blonde Mom of one of the other recruits I think he would have committed).

I count 10 verbals. The Minnesota kids look like Blue chippers and the Wisconsin kids look good. I don't know enough about the N.Dak kids out west but the West Fargo kid looks good. I would say They are ahead of most years and would be very happy with the results so far. They had some Jr. College kids in. One was a safety and I am not sure about the other. Anything on the RB from International Falls? (If his team host would have paid more attention to him and less to the Blonde Mom of one of the other recruits I think he would have committed).

Here's a recent article on Brackins, from the Winona paper. I'm not sure why it doesn't include UND in the schools recruiting him, but I suspect the problem is the foster father wanting him to stay in IF and play for him at Rainy River. I still believe UND has a good shot at him, though.

Who's the 10th verbal? I count nine--Hendrickson, Belmore, Daggett, Anderson, Murray, Goska, Rose, Ankenbauer and Nguyen.

I've seen Solum play both live and on TV. What jumps out at me consistently is the demeanor in which he carries himself. Sure, he's not horse big, or blindingly fast, but he carries himself like a winner. Guys like that are always ones you want and they make people around them better.