SiouxSports.com Forum

How thick was the ice ?

Fetch

why? i would

hakstol cant get his palyers to play and tech will sweep us again. Never ever thought i would be saying that but its true. first getting swept on the road i can hanlde but to anchorage

then we get swept at home

im still messed up from last nite

thats obvious - I hope you sober up by tomorrow morning - assuming you have employment that requires your presence

hakstol cant get his palyers to play and tech will sweep us again. Never ever thought i would be saying that but its true. first getting swept on the road i can hanlde but to anchorage

I don't understand how a coach cannot have control of his team, its beyond me. Maybe if he raised his voice, I am still yet to hear that. It seems like him and the coaches after the games are trying to let the players down easy when sometimes you need to be blunt and say,

"Finley you need to pick that (insert expletive here) guy"

"Oshie sometimes you just need to shoot it" (Thought I love oshie, I'm referring to when he had the puck real low during the 2nd last night and he tried pulling across the crease and lost it rather than trying to just go high)

"Lee, you need to (expletive) pay attention on the faceoffs and if you lose the zone again on a faceoff win your done."

And some others, but its about time to stop letting them down easy and be tough and vocal. This is all speculative, he might be doing this, but it does not seem that way

I don't understand how a coach cannot have control of his team, its beyond me. Maybe if he raised his voice, I am still yet to hear that. It seems like him and the coaches after the games are trying to let the players down easy when sometimes you need to be blunt and say,

"Finley you need to pick that (insert expletive here) guy"

"Oshie sometimes you just need to shoot it" (Thought I love oshie, I'm referring to when he had the puck real low during the 2nd last night and he tried pulling across the crease and lost it rather than trying to just go high)

"Lee, you need to (expletive) pay attention on the faceoffs and if you lose the zone again on a faceoff win your done."

And some others, but its about time to stop letting them down easy and be tough and vocal. This is all speculative, he might be doing this, but it does not seem that way

Sat behind the bench in Alaska. Didn't hear much of anything from any of the coaches. Caught a few expletives from the players though. :blush:

Do you know what is said in the locker room or after the game? I don't. How many times have you heard or seen a coach raising his voice at a player on the bench? I've only seen that a very few times. I remember when Blais or Gino were here and there was a huge bruhaha going on on the ice they would 'raise' their voices or physically pull players off the ice; not that they did that for every fight. :blush:

My point? The fact that we aren't winning games, does not mean that Hak 'cannot control' his team. I believe he very much controls his team. What is happening is we are not WINNING games due to a variety of reasons. I have every faith in Coach Hakstol given his track record to date.

Do you know what is said in the locker room or after the game? I don't. How many times have you heard or seen a coach raising his voice at a player on the bench? I've only seen that a very few times. I remember when Blais or Gino were here and there was a huge bruhaha going on on the ice they would 'raise' their voices or physically pull players off the ice; not that they did that for every fight. :blush:

My point? The fact that we aren't winning games, does not mean that Hak 'cannot control' his team. I believe he very much controls his team. What is happening is we are not WINNING games due to a variety of reasons. I have every faith in Coach Hakstol given his track record to date.

I love Hak and agree with your point, but to me I'm just reminded by his comments after Maine about seeing it coming in practice, and other comments I've heard about us being a poor practicing team. In my opinion from when I played back in high school was that if we practiced poorly, even if we thought the opposite, it was not a fun rest of the day, whether it be dry land or boards.

I believe we were the better team for both games this weekend. And as Hak said, one period cost us a game on Friday, well that one period has the been the same period costing us all season, and that needs to get taken care of, and that should start at the coach.

I believe we were the better team for both games this weekend. And as Hak said, one period cost us a game on Friday, well that one period has the been the same period costing us all season, and that needs to get taken care of, and that should start at the coach.

Do you really believe that Hak hasn't noticed the problem in the 2nd periods? Or that he hasn't worked to solve the problem? He has even mentioned it in interviews. Some problems are harder to solve than others. I am sure that Hak and the other coaches will continue to work on the problem and will do everything they can think of to fix it. Personally, I hope that the last game is a sign of things to come since they played much better in the 2nd period than they have in most other games this year.

Do you really believe that Hak hasn't noticed the problem in the 2nd periods? Or that he hasn't worked to solve the problem? He has even mentioned it in interviews. Some problems are harder to solve than others. I am sure that Hak and the other coaches will continue to work on the problem and will do everything they can think of to fix it. Personally, I hope that the last game is a sign of things to come since they played much better in the 2nd period than they have in most other games this year.

I would love it if this past weekend was "rock bottom" for the Sioux. This way we can go up from there.

It certainly cast a dark shadow on my weekend to see the scores on USCHO stating we didn't win both nights.

I don't care who it is. I'd like to see Hakstol start sitting guys. No one is too important to sit for part of a game or a whole game. To correct our second period woes, if you mess up, grab a shower. If you mess up late in the 3rd. Grab a tie tomorrow night.

We've got hungry guys that want to play (at least I presume), so let's start sending messages. I don't know why Radke didn't play this weekend. Was it a message? I don't know. But whether it is Porter making a critical mistake late in a game, or Lee, or Finley, or Toews. If you screw up, you sit. We're beginning to hear a common message. "We played pretty well, but we made a couple of critical mistakes." That, and the whole second period problem. Something's gotta change.

It worked for Blais and Blake.

Does anyone know specifically why Radke was scratched, it was healthy I know but opens up a whole closet of reasons, that could be other than not working hard, which to me doesn't seem like Radke.

Some reasons a friend and I pondered:

1. Family emergency, we didn't see him in the press box, but we also did not see any other players up there

2. Missed practice, usually this results in not dressing, and usually is for a good good reason, obviously players are not skipping practice

3. Test, I've heard the players have morning classes, but this is finals time and maybe one caused him to miss a practice. Specifically if he was making a test up from a previous road trip.

Does anyone know specifically why Radke was scratched, it was healthy I know but opens up a whole closet of reasons, that could be other than not working hard, which to me doesn't seem like Radke.

Some reasons a friend and I pondered:

1. Family emergency, we didn't see him in the press box, but we also did not see any other players up there

2. Missed practice, usually this results in not dressing, and usually is for a good good reason, obviously players are not skipping practice

3. Test, I've heard the players have morning classes, but this is finals time and maybe one caused him to miss a practice. Specifically if he was making a test up from a previous road trip.

Radke was sitting right across the aisle from me on Friday night. I sit in 302 row K, right by the press box.

I don't care who it is. I'd like to see Hakstol start sitting guys. No one is too important to sit for part of a game or a whole game. To correct our second period woes, if you mess up, grab a shower. If you mess up late in the 3rd. Grab a tie tomorrow night.

We've got hungry guys that want to play (at least I presume), so let's start sending messages. I don't know why Radke didn't play this weekend. Was it a message? I don't know. But whether it is Porter making a critical mistake late in a game, or Lee, or Finley, or Toews. If you screw up, you sit. We're beginning to hear a common message. "We played pretty well, but we made a couple of critical mistakes." That, and the whole second period problem. Something's gotta change.

It worked for Blais and Blake.

I'm going to pretend we're sitting Toews, Lee and Chorney for a month. ;)???:glare::)

I'm going to pretend we're sitting Toews, Lee and Chorney for a month. ;):):glare:;)

I agree with you regarding #22 Johnny ............... I wish Toews & Chorney was staying home to help the squad

Radke will have to dress this weekend won't he ....... Will A.G get another shot in goal this year ........ Do we need someone to drop the gloves to get this team jump started??????

I agree with you regarding #22 Johnny ............... I wish Toews & Chorney was staying home to help the squad

Radke will have to dress this weekend won't he ....... Will A.G get another shot in goal this year ........ Do we need someone to drop the gloves to get this team jump started??????

I MISS PRPICH!